What's new

AK Auto (RQS) x (Medical Mass x White Rhino)

aliceklar

Both of these seeded with P2.6 Highland Thai pollen. As the F2 auto pollen didnt take, I'm taking the opportunity to start off a Highland Thai auto project. The F1 should be fun, and then the I'll be sorting out the autos in the F2 again... Its a slow process. Still have lots of F2 AKMMWR seed left, so will try again with another couple of pots under the same lights... Space for some more in there.

20230107_075823_7.jpg

20230107_075829_6.jpg

aliceklar

Started some more seeds.

12 x F2_B2
6 x F2_C1

In 3 litre pots of recycled coco, 6 seeds per pot. I ran boiling water through the old coco, let it cool a bit, and then after sowing the seeds watered in with pH'd low strength nute solution.

I've just been offered some more RQS AK47 auto seeds. The smell of the buds on the F2s is lovely - almost identical to the original AK47 mothers - and is really attractive sweet moreish... maybe I can start one or two of those off, then I'll just need single decent male to get a pure auto line.

aliceklar

Where I'd bent the two f2 female autos right down to keep them off the lights, they have started building a whole new bunch of little colas. Was starting to wonder whether with a bit of luck some of them might still be going by the time the first male autos from the next batch start to shed pollen. But realistically probably not...

Reactions: zif

aliceklar

This is the one that just popped? That's amazing! Is she healthy looking?
Yes! I was surprised, too. I think she broke surface a few days ago now. I'd just put her in a corner of the growspace and forgotten about her... she has been growing pretty slowly since emergence, but nothing to lose so I'm letting her run. Here's what she looks like as of today:

20230212_094108_8.jpg

And here's the sister seed that was planted 5 days *later*

20230212_094117_0.jpg

aliceklar

Babies growing rapidly. have had to adjust the lights a couple of times now. Also some brown patches and yellowing on lower leaves. Have upped the feed to about 500ppm.

3 male autos showing so far. 2 taller, one v short and squat. Out of 18 plants that leaves 15 still undeclared. Hopefully there'll be a couple of female autos among them.

aliceklar

4th male auto has declared. The two tall males (at the front left) are both shooting up still, and putting on crowns of flower. The tallest towards the centre has a noticably dank smell on stem rub, the other on the left has no noticable odor yet. Will save pollen separately. The dwarf also I'll keep as a separate line - it has such an extreme habit I'm wondering if it is a throwback to the ruderalis ancestry.

Checking daily but no females showing yet. It would be nice to have an F2 female auto, but not neccesary as I've got a Royal AK auto fem from the same seed line.