What's new

AK Auto (RQS) x (Medical Mass x White Rhino)

aliceklar

Still no females, and the first three males are all starting to shed pollen :ROFLMAO: I'll start collecting and drying it this weekend.

Thankfully the 2nd RSQ Royal AK auto is just starting to flower - I've got it with the sativas on a 10 hour daycycle so it will be small, but so long as it wants to make some seed I'll be happy. This has been quite a ride - have gone through hundreds of seeds to try to get both male and female autos in flower at the same time.

20230225_082307_2.jpg

aliceklar

Scuse the out of focus picture. First peep of the (hopefully) fully auto seeds from this line, and I was excited. You can just make out the pattern of the brown seed as the calyx splits open like an eye. Its very cool to see.

Reflecting on the process, of making a regular auto. Its taken a long time. Have grown and culled a lot of plants. Would have been easier to just buy some auto regs, but not so much fun. Would have been much better with bigger grow space. so it goes. Well its not exactly a sob story as I've also harvested from both the F1 and the F2 (I'm vaping some AKA F2 right now... ). The C6 F1 was prolific and the various F2s I've smoked have all been good - active energetic high with sweet/sharp/nutty terps (one kinda smells like marzipan). This is effectively a backcross to the original trio of Royal AK Auto seed mothers, so it will lean more that way, but will be interesting to see what the White Rhino and Medical Mass bring in terms of bud density, terps and effect.

20230329_190252_2.jpg

Last edited:

zif

Veteran
Scuse the out of focus picture. First peep of the (hopefully) fully auto seeds from this line, and I was excited. You can just make out the pattern of the brown seed as the calyx splits open like an eye. Its very cool to see.

Reflecting on the process, of making a regular auto. Its taken a long time. Have grown and culled a lot of plants. Would have been easier to just buy some auto regs, but not so much fun. Would have been much better with bigger grow space. so it goes. Well its not exactly a sob story as I've also harvested from both the F1 and the F2 (I'm vaping some AKA F2 right now... ). The C6 F1 was prolific and the various F2s I've smoked have all been good - active energetic high with sweet/sharp/nutty terps (one kinda smells like marzipan). This is effectively a backcross to the original trio of Royal AK Auto seed mothers, so it will lean more that way, but will be interesting to see what the White Rhino and Medical Mass bring in terms of bud density, terps and effect.

View attachment 18824965
Very cool to see you bringing this to fruition (and finding marzipan along the way?!). Nice work!

aliceklar

Very cool to see you bringing this to fruition (and finding marzipan along the way?!). Nice work!
Thanks zif. Its been a trip. Your advice has probably saved this grow from complete disaster on more than one ocassion.

The Highland Thai pollination was successful on one of the most recent F2 females. None on the spicier pheno but at least a few seeds on the "marzipan" pheno. Will be an interesting combo of form, terps and effect :)

aliceklar

I estimate over 500 seeds from this (Royal AK auto x (AK x (MM xWR))F2) sown on 15th January (so c. nine weeks from sprouting) - small tho it is. Successive pollinations with best 3 AK x (MMWR) F2 males (2 from the B line, one from the C line) seem to have taken on most of the available pistils, and there are just the odd few tufts of later sprouting female flowers unfertilized.

20230409_121649_2.jpg

20230409_121643_5.jpg

20230409_121554_7.jpg

initially sown in a 2 litre pot of coco, which was later placed on top of the 4 litre pot from a recently culled Lemon Candy or Johaar, to allow the roots to stretch down a bit and as a reservoir. Fruity/acrid/sweet/hashy terps. Decent resin coverage.

goingrey

Hehe. You're right. the plant could still encounter some unexpected catastrophe. I'm hopeful she will make it over the line tho. I reckon another couple of weeks until she's good and ripe.
I'm sure she'll be fine, nice and frosty and colorful. Looks almost done already. Just luck of the draw on how many seeds you get IME. Of course, could be more too. ;)

aliceklar

Ripening nicely and smelling sweetly spicy - maybe another week. The earlier pollinations are already done - there are dark brown shiny seeds visible where some calyxes have split, though I couldnt get an in-focus picture of them. Some still-green seed showing in the pic below. On reduced feed now for the final stage (c 300ppm).

20230415_103549_6.jpg

20230415_103540_5.jpg

20230415_103530_6.jpg

20230415_103407_1.jpg

20230415_105254_5.jpg

Learning point from this project was the importance of having backups, of approaching a goal in more than one way, then not everything is depending on a single success. Planting 6 - 8 seeds per pot into 5 litre pots of coco was a convenient way to select for autos.

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

@aliceklar -- absolutely love this journal.
You had some ups and downs, for sure, but came through in the end.
1,500+ seeds is a huge haul, you can seed the local botanical gardens with them if you like, haha!
So cool what you managed to produce with such a small space and basic set up.
Congratulations!!!

aliceklar

@aliceklar -- absolutely love this journal.
You had some ups and downs, for sure, but came through in the end.
1,500+ seeds is a huge haul, you can seed the local botanical gardens with them if you like, haha!
So cool what you managed to produce with such a small space and basic set up.
Congratulations!!!
Thanks Maria! It was a fun mission for sure! My friend also used pollen from some selected males to make seed with a very productive and potent North Thunderfuck auto (RQS) and three different MSNL Purple Lemonade Autos (it was the best present - I received three baggies of PLA weed and 3 vials of seed, one from each). I might do another auto run soon, but am up to my eyballs in photos on the current grow.

Maria Sanchez

Thanks Maria! It was a fun mission for sure! My friend also used pollen from some selected males to make seed with a very productive and potent North Thunderfuck auto (RQS) and three different MSNL Purple Lemonade Autos (it was the best present - I received three baggies of PLA weed and 3 vials of seed, one from each). I might do another auto run soon, but am up to my eyballs in photos on the current grow.

Fun missions -- I'm all in!
Used to run mostly autos for a few years, but since switched back to photos as my location means I can grow photos like autos outdoors. Natural light cycle never more than 13.5/10.5, photos usually show sex and go into flower after about 4-5 weeks.
How strong was the MSNL Purple Lemonade Auto -- isn't that they one they claim is very potent? Live up to the hype?
Doing some pollen chucking with some Connoisseur Genetics sativa (mostly various Neville's Haze crosses and mixes) regs and fems right now. Don't think they'd fit in your grow space though!

Latest posts

Latest posts