What's new

AK Auto (RQS) x (Medical Mass x White Rhino)

PCBuds

Lol bro ,
nothing against you , U seems to be great mate ,
but really sounds like broscience for me ....

Cheers :wave:

It's just something that was mentioned on my thread.
Ed's picture was just an example of the dimple and probably a feminized seed?

It would be interesting to investigate if you have have a bunch of seeds and some have dimples while others don't.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
not new that is an old myth ^^

Myth #1 “You can tell the sex of your plant by looking at the seeds.”

https://www.growweedeasy.com/top-7-m...-growing-myths

dont-use-this-chart-to-identify-seed-gender-from-seed-sm.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	dont-use-this-chart-to-identify-seed-gender-from-seed-sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	18027134

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all about environment . Crocodile babies gender depends on which temperature eggs were exposed.
It is quite similar with reg seeds . I gave a treat to some reg seeds batchs having 100% females and it happened with several packs.

31fd1456994be4da61199b979bf70ecf.jpg

aliceklar

Extracted the seeds from A3, A5 & B1, chopped on 26th December. I wasnt expecting much, but for such pitiful plants they have produced some seed that looks viable, although there are a fair few pale ones. About 70-80 there (cant be bothered to count!). This bodes well for the other (slightly healthier) 5 plants that are still ripening. As these were the weakest of the bunch, I'll use these seeds as testers.

IMG_20220105_063216_1.jpg

aliceklar

Removed remaining 5 seed plants. Chopped all but A4 (the best one), which can hang out in the bathroom to ripen a little more. Did a little excavation and verified that nicely dark seeds are ready, but will let the plant dry off before I harvest them. A4, B2, C1 are the mothers I'll use for seed for the next round. Excited for this one.

aliceklar

Here's the plan for getting the fully-auto (double-dose of recessive auto gene) plants from the F2 seeds.

The F2 should contain c. 25% fully autos, mendelian ratios, assuming its just a single gene at work. So... 75% of the plants will effectively be junk. I want to grow out as many plants as possible, to get the autos, but have very limited space, so I'm going to use root trainers to do 32 at a time in a single small plant tray.

rootrainers.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	rootrainers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	18037212

4" deep, with 4 cells per unit, and 8 units to a tray. 32 cells per tray in total. I've used them for years with peas, beans & sweetcorn, and they are the business - they minimise root disturbance and encourage robust root growth with healthy transplants. I've heard that autos particularly dislike root disturbance, but these things open up like a book and the plants just pop right out. I'm going to give this a try. Roughly 8 of the first 32 should start to flower after a few weeks under 20/4 - at which point I can pot on the autos into 1 litre pots, and cull the rest. Make seeds, save pollen, rinse & repeat. I will be able to work through the hundreds of seeds I have pretty quickly this way, even if I only do them one tray at a time. I'll have to be careful with watering and feeding, and again they are going to be ugly as hell, but I think this is a solid plan for making seed. Then with the F3.... I will start to get more picky. For now I just want ALL the diversity I can get.

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

Very nice project you are working on. I do something similar to what you wrote above, but use solo cups till I can tell auto. The hard part is culling 75% of the plants when they look so lovely and growing strong.

Best of luck

Peace GG

aliceklar

Very nice project you are working on. I do something similar to what you wrote above, but use solo cups till I can tell auto. The hard part is culling 75% of the plants when they look so lovely and growing strong.

Best of luck

Peace GG

Thanks GG! :tiphat:

Yeah, it is tough to cull them... But gotta be done. Just planted c64 F2 seeds of A1, A3, A5, B1 & C5 (the worst 5 plants) as a tester two to a cell in a 32 cell root trainer (4" deep). Not sure how viable some of the seeds are - if two germinate in a cell I'll have to thin them down quickly. Also unsure how they will cope being in such small cells. Will find out soon... Still have hundreds of seeds left from those 5 plants, and have not yet extracted the seed from A4, B2 or C1, so nothing to lose with this test batch.

Am not a fan of cosseting seeds, so will try to germinate them straight like this - into recycled coco and perlite at between 20-24C. Then will be selecting for easier future germinations.

I rinsed the coco a couple of times with water pHed to 5.8, 225ppm (a little calmag and Bloom ferts and Maxicrop).

20220122_204248_0.jpg

20220122_204422_1.jpg

20220122_221025_3.jpg

aliceklar

Smoke Report:
Had a handful of raggy bud and sugar leaves from the A1 & C5 plants I removed seeds from a few days ago - very rough stuff, and not yet fully dried, but some stickiness to it. It has a scent I cant quite identify. Definitely a little hay in the background, but mostly a strong sweet ginger-ish enticing spicy incense, with notes of something a bit more dank & fermented. V pleasant overall.

Smoked in a bong. Some of the incense carries through to the smoke, surprisingly smooth. Fast hit of mental clarity then a big body buzz. Heat behind the eyes. Powerful positive "up" effect. Racing thoughts, but not overwhelming. Enjoyed a meal and felt compelled to wash up and clean the kitchen immediately. Two hours in, started to get sleepy. Some gentle body relaxation but no fog. Tailing off gently after 4 hours.

5 hours and I've had a small nap and done some yoga and still feel high. That was strong!

Last edited:

aliceklar

20220126_192745_7.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20220126_192745_7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.4 KB ID:	18054271

20220126_192750_4.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20220126_192750_4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	18054272

20220126_192753_9.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20220126_192753_9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.4 KB ID:	18054273

First two up!

Have had another couple of bongs of the A1/C5. It certainly has a kick to it. Intense - very active weed. Easy to veer into anxiety. Relaxation does come, but not for a few hours!

aliceklar

Here are the seeds from A4, B2 & C1, the best three plants out of the F1s, and the ones I'm planning to take forward. Note differences in size and colour between the seed from the 3 plants. One batch from each maternal seedline. So assuming that the autoflowering trait here is the result of a single recessive gene, 25% of these seeds will be autoflowering.

A4 was the largest healthiest plant by a long way. All had good scent & frosting.

20220128_201236_4.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20220128_201236_4.jpg Views:	3 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	18056343

Smoke Report for A4
Smoked a one skin. Flavour nothing special, mild hashy. Little harsh on the lungs, badly cured crappy buds tho so hard to say. Strong effect came on within a minute, and grew over next hour. Quite trippy, intense. Good for seeing patterns. Some paranoia. Bit of a creeper. Very active. Strong munchies.

Again long lasting. 3 hrs+ and still soaring. My house-mate tried some too. "Fiesty, one for the youngsters!" was their verdict. 🤣

Last edited:

aliceklar

Noticed a patch of mould on one of the colas on C6. Ugh. Decided to chop the whole plant (with that branch pruned off) - it was a test grow after all, and didnt want to risk other plants picking it up. Too many plants in a small cab, too humid. Shame - it could have done with another couple of weeks :(

20220128_235016_5.jpg

20220128_235016_5.jpg

aliceklar

Smoke Report for B2
Smoked a one skin. A little smoother than A4, not much flavour to speak of. Enjoying the effects more. Happier high. Expansive energetic up but no paranoia with this one. Stronger. Munchies again. Best effect so far.

PCBuds

Noticed a patch of mould on one of the colas on C6. Ugh.

That's why I like growing and drying in 30%-40% RH.
There may be a multitude of reasons to grow in higher RH but I don't need to worry about mould at that RH.

Too many plants in a small cab, too humid.

IIRC, you don't grow in the summer.
Is that why?

Could you work a dehumidifier into your cabs intake air?

aliceklar

That's why I like growing and drying in 30%-40% RH.
There may be a multitude of reasons to grow in higher RH but I don't need to worry about mould at that RH.
I hate mould. You have no issues with it, as you keep your RH down... and also I guess maintaining temperature and air circulation. Although genetics are be a factor (and I'd rather grow plants that were resistant), its mostly down to humidity, temp and ventilation. If those are in the right window, then mould shouldnt be a problem. Thats what I need to dial in.
IIRC, you don't grow in the summer.
Is that why?
Partly. Partly to clean and repaint and rebuild and break any pest cycles and have a holiday. Mostly because of the heat. My growroom is tiny - literally my bedroom cupboard. And I'm always trying to jam more plants in than is sensible. Air is extracted through a carbon filter, from veg, via flower, into my bedroom, which is a lung for the growroom. So it gets crazy hot in summer - no aircon. And heat from the lights helps warm the house in the winter. Makes sense. I like the cycle of starting a grow at the end of the summer - becoming a ritual. Now that I'm grafting I will try to keep a few beautiful mother monsters going tho.

growroom.jpg

Could you work a dehumidifier into your cabs intake air?
There is no intake - its passive from my room, around the edges of the cupboard door. I could run a dehumidifier in my room maybe, or in veg. Wary of introducing more noisy bits of tech. I think the simplest way is to increase ventilation (the extractor fan has only been running for a part of the day, in intermittent blasts - am incrementally increasing the hours per day that it is on) and reduce plant density. I had been experimenting with using the small space as flower, and the large as veg, but its not working. Tried to cram too many plants into the small space, and the amount of runoff generated by coco needs proper drainage - creates too much humidity. Am going to revert to the small space as veg, and the bigger to flower. And fire up the low-power LEDs for cutting and mother maintenance. All change.

PCBuds

... I like the cycle of starting a grow at the end of the summer - becoming a ritual. Now that I'm grafting I will try to keep a few beautiful mother monsters going tho.

I guess as long as you end up with enough to smoke for the year then you're fine.

I've got enough to last me for years right now but I'm going to keep growing because it's fun. lol

I'm not going to grow indoors this summer and just grow an outdoor plant.

It is really nice to be able to grow 4 plants legally.

Latest posts

Latest posts