What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

18-October-2020.

More King Congo #2 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; (Tropical Seeds Company); born June-18):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo (Tropical Seeds Company)

King Congo (Tropical Seeds Company)

It’s really such an amazing plant I can’t keep my eyes off it:peacock:

This #2, apart from the difference in size with #1 for having been born more than a month and a half later (from almost 1'70 meters the #2, to almost 3 meters the #1) looks different to #1: this #2 seems to me more South African Ciskei Higlands, while #1 seems to me more Congo Point Noire...

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This #2, apart from the difference in size with #1 for having been born more than a month and a half later (from almost 1'70 meters the #2, to almost 3 meters the #1) looks different to #1: this #2 seems to me more South African Ciskei Higlands, while #1 seems to me more Congo Point Noire...

You would know:tiphat: I can see the frosting on the flowers , How fat will they get ?how much more time? really quite incredible ...

Montuno

...como el Son...
You would know:tiphat: I can see the frosting on the flowers , How fat will they get ?how much more time? really quite incredible ...

I think I will be able to pick up King Congo #2 during the first half of November, and King Congo #1 during the second half...

As for the size of the buds...everything is possible in "La Perrera", Monte Adentro (Hispanistan Profundo)...
(other strain, other year; secondary branch)...

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands). Born during the first week of May.

Near of 3 meters of stem length:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

18-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

One of the secondary branches, and its buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

18-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

One of the secondary branches, and its buds (closer view):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

18-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

Other of the secondary branches, and its buds :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

19 to 23-October-2020.

The night of the past 19th, the Atlantic storm Barbara arrived to Monte Adentro, with strong rains and wind, that would be loosening up until today, that cloudy dawn but without rain forecast. It hasn't rained "for real" since May, I think...
The maximum temperatures in the shade are fluctuating a lot, with days of 26°C and others of only 16°C... Nighttime lows have ranged from 13°C to 9°C. Logically, with the rain, the environmental humidity has shot up to between 65% and 100%.
For the strength of the storm, here it has not caused the damage or flooding of other places in the Iberian Peninsula or Northwest Africa.
So this morning I visited "La Perrera" with the hope of not finding any damage in my little ganjanal...
Fortunately, the three plants are intact.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company nacida el 18-Junio / born 18-June).

...I have found it bent, not because of the heavy rain and wind by the Atlántic storm "Barbara" of last days, but because of the weight of its main tail for its small size. Its current aroma is like a mixture between lemon, mint, sweet carrot, and kiwi...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

19 to 23-October-2020

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company; nacida el 18-Junio / born 18-June).

...I have found it bent, not because of the heavy rain and wind by the Atlántica storm "Barbara" of last days, but because of the weight of its main tail for its small size. Its current aroma is like a mixture between lemon, mint, sweet carrot, and kiwi...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

19 to 23-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

Looking East. Near of the 3 metres of steam's length:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

19 to 23-October-2020.

Looking West. Near of the 3 metres of steam's length:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

19 to 23-October-2020.

Main tip:

picture.php

Part o a secondary branch:

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

19 to 23-October-2020.

Detail of the flowers (secondary branch, wider than my forearm). Pink shades are appearing. Current aroma: a mixture of lemon/mint with sweet carrot/mandarin...:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

24-October-2020.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company ; born 18-June).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

24-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company[/]). Born during the first week of May.

Looking West. Near of the 3 metres of steam's length:

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

24-October-2020.

Main tip:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts