What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

Montuno

...como el Son...
I sure wish my Ethiopian was nearing the finish like everyone elses,but I'll just have to be patient and hope for the best.Yeah...I'm excited.:biggrin:

Not very good pics,but we do what we can.

Hope you can tell us about the date of harvest, taste, strength and type of psychoactivity (in the latter, the Ethiopians have a very good reputation here). What is its origin: does it come directly from Ethiopia, or from a seed bank (African Seeds, A.C.E., CannaBioGen...?).

Salud desde Sierra Morena.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
My friend ...yes I am a fan boy ...and holy cow that is one savage beast!:sasmokin:

Hola, "cousin"!

...I told you that (I think like you) I am also from the country and a little bit rough, he, he... And I have a lot of goats to feed...
Now seriously: it is that this year I planted it too soon and it has become a beast to me... It has secondary branches almost as long as me... I should have planted it at the end of May (or beginning of June), and not at the beginning... Another year I did the same, I had to enter the "La Perrera" (where I have my little crop) with a machete and dragging myself...(and the biggest and more big plant un picture, a Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui, was born con June-2...)

picture.php

But you do have a good ganjanal planted there wherever you are, he...

Saludos montunos.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Hope you can tell us about the date of harvest, taste, strength and type of psychoactivity (in the latter, the Ethiopians have a very good reputation here). What is its origin: does it come directly from Ethiopia, or from a seed bank (African Seeds, A.C.E., CannaBioGen...?).

Salud desde Sierra Morena.

This one is from Ace,via a friend here.It may well be a challenge to finish here at 42N,but I had to try.:biggrin:

4-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; born con the first May week; Tropical Seeds Company )

Looks like your King Congo is doing VERY well!The yield from that should hold you for a while.;)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; born con the first May week; Tropical Seeds Company )

Secondaries branches:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
:yay: Good Lord ....The arms on that thing ... I just don’t see something like this too often ....Maybe I haven’t been looking correctly, Makes me thrilled all over again

Montuno

...como el Son...
This one is from Ace,via a friend here.It may well be a challenge to finish here at 42N,but I had to try.:biggrin:

Looks like your King Congo is doing VERY well!The yield from that should hold you for a while.;)

Well, I'm between 38 and 39°N, a little more than 3° south of you...
My best wishes with that ethiopian from A.C.E.; the growers of Oregon have a very good reputation (including with the sativas, in spite of your latitude).

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

7-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

I had to pick up its lower branches with ropes, as I could no longer go around it or pass from one side to the other...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

7-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands! Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

Part of one of the lower branch:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

7-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

Tip of one of the thinnest tails:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buds from the top:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

Arround 3 meters of stem length:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands). Born during the first week of May.

Main tip:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands;Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

Secondaries branches:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

Secondaries branches' flowers:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

More secondaries branches:

picture.php

picture.php

Dogtown

'Bushman's' reproduction by ApeOrigin

Harvested her at the beginning of October. I wonder if the original Herbaria 'Bushman's' looks identical to this repro? If someone has pictures of the original 'Bushman's' from back then, would be really appreciate to share some pictures.

P1070658.jpg

P1070828.jpg
P1070834.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hello everyone

montuno this sativa king kongo is a perfect world.
can you harvest sativas without cover in which location in spain?
Is that I would like to have one that works well in the north of Portugal

my zambena is at the beginning of flowering and here it is already cold and wet, and there will be a lot of storm

View Image
View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84310&pictureid=2084897

Hello, neighbor!

That Zambian has all the look of a real wild sativa.

Your area, from the photo, looks very wet, like Galicia...
Here the coldest areas are Castilla-Leon, the South of the Basque Country, Navarra, La Rioja and Aragon. In these areas it must be very difficult, because of the cold; they are colder areas than yours.
In coastal Galicia and the rest of the Cantabrian coast, I know that they also grow them outdoors. If you're north of Porto in a non-mountainous area, the Galicians have a climate more like yours, I think.

I'm in the interior of the peninsula, very far from the coast, between 38 and 39°N, and about 800 meters above sea level, on the northern slope of the Sierra Morena; that's why my climate is a little colder than Badajoz or Evora... But the aspect that presents right now the field of my area is very different from your photo:

picture.php

Here, I have not cultivated until now any sativa which was harvested beyond the middle of December. Here I leave you photos of some small isolated low buds of a Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui, rising with ice on the resin after a night frost for those dates of another year...

picture.php

...and so the field dawned around me that day...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Good luck with the Zambian, and good health to enjoy it!

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

10- October-2020.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company); born 18-June).

Arround 1'70 metres high:

View Image

View Image

18-October-2020.

The maximum daily temperature in the shade was 29 °C; the minimum night temperature was 13 °C. The environmental humidity is between 15 and 45%.

King Congo #2 (born 18-June):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts