What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

I am of Zambian descent, and was wondering if there were/are and good Zambian landraces floating around? Or any seed banks that specialize in African genetics?

Siever

Veteran
I am of Zambian descent, and was wondering if there were/are and good Zambian landraces floating around? Or any seed banks that specialize in African genetics?

Ace seeds sell Malawi, congo and zamaldelica which is 50% from La reunion, 25% Malawi & 25% thai

Samson4

Veteran
Angola

picture.php

SeedyPast

Nigerian landrace

Nigerian landrace

Slow as hell to flower, but all have a landrace look. Thin light green leaves, maroon stem. Stem rub is sticky, and smells of weeds. Not pot weed, more like ragweed.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I love this thread. Great work everyone.

Here are picture updates of the Ciskei I am growing:
picture.php

picture.php

They sure don't look like a lot of other people's Ciskei. Maybe I got Durban Poison instead? Oh Darn! LOL. It's still African.
:dance013:

ThaiBliss

Abider

Crazy how you guys are showing African strains so much love, never stop!

Apologies for going off the Angolan topic but maybe someone here finds the following interesting.

I live on the edge of the valley that is the traditional home of Durban Poison and the most common daily 'bagweed' smoke around here is Swazi.

You will not find Landrace Durban Poison grown on a large scale locally available here anymore, I doubt even a handful of growers in this country possess the genetics and they probably sourced their DP from Europe, Canada or the USA Seedbanks that have locked down the genetics. We see the strain online only these days. In the 80's and 90's our local police forces kept up a helicopter spraying operation that seems to have been very successful in the end.

Swazi is a different story, the herb fields in Swaziland still live up to their legendary status to this day.

Prices for DP and Swazi available range from $1 to $2 for a few joints worth.

Latest posts

Latest posts