What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Ciskei is starting to stack up:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope it makes it. The first rains of fall have arrived, and the temperatures have dropped. It is supposed to get to 95 degrees early next week, then drop again. I sure would like a nice sample of this stuff.

ThaiBliss

SeedyPast

Nigerian Landrace

Nigerian Landrace

The Nigerian is finally starting to bud. Slow to start flowering, but hopefully the shortening day length will kick her into high gear.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
What smell are you getting Thaibliss from your Ciskei?

The particular individual pictured is very lemony with menthol / licorice in the background. It is one of the most lemony plants I ever grew. Others were more menthol / licorice / spice.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what do you African experts think of seedsmans african buzz seedline?,,ive been considering running it,,i just dont fancy ending up with a load of weed that reminds me of powerplant and aniseed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
TB, how long does Ciskei take to flower?
Hi Siever,

I would guess about 9 weeks. It is hard to pinpoint the start, since it looked like it was gathering up for a while. It may be that I was really hoping it was starting, before it really did.
:biggrin:

I'm thinking it is about as mold resistant as it comes. We had a horrible fall. Got about 9 inches of rain since I started cutting my earlier varieties. It is still hanging in there. I'll probably cut the rest by the end of this week. If it got one more day of sunshine, it would be a miracle.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
How'd everything else fare Thai ?

Hi GS,

Almost 10 inches of rain in October so far, and there is heavy rain right now. Let's just say that this year is an opportunity to reinforce the mold resistant genetics. This is a unique experience for me. I took cuttings of every plant I grew outside. I have killed about 1/4 of the cuttings for being too mold prone. It narrows up what I'm willing to breed. Mold resistance is super valuable in this area, and this is looking like a record year for rain/mold in October.

I'm amazed that some genetics keep ripening despite the cold and rain. Ciskei is one of them, along with some of the Bangi Haze (Congo) individuals.

ThaiBliss

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Hi GS,

Almost 10 inches of rain in October so far, and there is heavy rain right now. Let's just say that this year is an opportunity to reinforce the mold resistant genetics. This is a unique experience for me. I took cuttings of every plant I grew outside. I have killed about 1/4 of the cuttings for being too mold prone. It narrows up what I'm willing to breed. Mold resistance is super valuable in this area, and this is looking like a record year for rain/mold in October.
I'm amazed that some genetics keep ripening despite the cold and rain. Ciskei is one of them, along with some of the Bangi Haze (Congo) individuals. ThaiBliss

hey thai... mold is the reason we stopped outdoors... all our plants grew like..well weeds..:)... until the mid of sept.. then with the days getting shorter, being surrounded on '3' sides by water, the humidity creaping up, every day we would cut out a small chuck of bud...until there was more/less nothing left... it really sucked... interesting tho ,the one plant that didn't mold was rez's sour diesel.. it had the fattest buds, but never any mold... muther nature is strange...

geneva_sativa

Veteran
Hey Thai,

I just wanna say much respect for pushing the envelope of the possible in your area. . .

I have been seeing your seasons year after year, and I now see that you could have chosen exclusively early strains just to harvest, but you seem to be looking at the long game and are creating new and interesting pairings.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your work with us here and all the best towards another good season !

I will be adding to this thread in the near future.

A couple localities I will be running:

Swaziland
Lesotho
Malawi
Pondoland
Transkei
Kwazulu
Congo

As well as some hybrids from certain areas with definitive import strain influence.

Most are pure sativa's with varying terpine profiles and coloration, varying THC contents and maturing times too. Really love this thread #Sub'd

One Love

Wow LJJ! 01 love warm welcome bro!
That will be full fun review of SA thank you, no Mozambique run by the way?

Thanks for the love brother much appreciated :tiphat:

I have got some Mozambique landrace in my collection too, but it is not labelled specifically so I am saving those bags to do pheno hunts and select plants based on traits and not genetics as I cannot guarantee which bag is the Mozambique stock. Those genetics are a close mix of Malawi and Swaziland genetics which I can always recreate myself. :biggrin:

Roms

from the future
Veteran
(...) the Mozambique stock. Those genetics are a close mix of Malawi and Swaziland genetics which I can always recreate myself. :biggrin:

Imho Mozambique line is also a special heirloom to preserve "pure" at first! I agree with you about the Malawi and Swazi relationship but historically i think that Moz could be the oldest parent according to the Austronesian roots theory from Madagascar vibes. In fact i think that South Asians genetics came like that in South Africa a long long time ago before the Arab, Bantu, Zulu or white men modern trade roads.

The last human traces from this period now finds Ouest in Namibia, i mean the Khoi San bushmen people who were the old great kings of all South Africa before the modern era.

Quote by TanzanianMagic ;)
The standard interpretation after the Human Genome Project is that:

a) The Bushmen/San have the oldest Y-chromosome haplogroup of all living humans, Haplogroup A.

b) The Spencer Wells (Genographic Project) interpretation is that the Bushmen are the oldest population group, that their universal features (Black, Asian, European) are the source of most variability today, and that this is because are closest to the original Homo Sapiens population that left Africa an archaeologically short 60,000 years ago.

Homo Sapiens has been around for 200,000 years, and apparently didn't interbreed with other contemporanious homonids.

It is clear that it is genetic diversity that is the key to adaptability to many different environments in a generalist species like Homo Sapiens.

Remember that racism and scientific racism depend on the Multi-Regional Theory of human evolution, in other words, modern humans arising out of long separated and highly genetically differentiated populations of homonids (Homo Erectus in Africa, Homo Neanderthalensis in Europe, etc.). The Genographic Project drove a stake through the heart of all that.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221687

Btw have you got some Namibian greens to complete your fine collection? :D
Bonne suite brotha LumberJackJay, i will follow your vibes, good luck for your projects!

LostTribe

Premium user
My Zamaldelica is coming along at 41 days 11/13 today but these pics are from last week 35ish.....12 inch pot and its pretty tiny would have preferred to have gone from clone and had a better veg light on this and my haze.

This thing is probably not going to yield an oz....
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts