What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

African Strains

numide

Veteran
Nice Rastak

Ghana

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Durban x Ciskei (Tropical Seeds)

attachment.php

Congo Pointe Noire x Ciskei

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0052 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0052 (Copier).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0069 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0069 (Copier).JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0054 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0054 (Copier).JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0067 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0067 (Copier).JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0055 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0055 (Copier).JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 24

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
you can get their crosses from cannabiogen but their site went down a while ago..

"TROPICAL SEEDS TTSCO

REGULARES (10 semillas)
Zambia ..............................35€
Purple Bisho.........................35€
Cognition.............................20€
Ciskei.................................45€
King Congo...........................40€

FEMINIZADAS (lotes de 3, 5 y 10 semillas)
Bisho Purple................. 18-28-50€ (Agotadas)
Towerful ..................... 15-25-45€
Smooth Smoke .............. 18-28-50€

TTSC-CBG feminizadas (5 semillas)
Afrokush ....................40€
Durbakistán ................40€
Congolese Kush............ 40€
Mix fem TTDC-CBG........38€"

think i bought all their stuff and got some great freebies..

great grows guys!! :smoke out:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, buying there stuff was on my to do list, but I missed the boat. Seems to be a common them lately in my life.

R.Fortune

The Revolution

Veteran
Ive grown tropical seeds chiskei, Durban, and Viet Dalat. Were in the process of reviving the dalat, and bringing her back in a big way.
Heres some shots of African seeds Durban Poison

I have a much bigger set of females but havent gotten any shots of them yet.

picture.php

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
What happened to Tropical Seeds? They out of business?

R.Fortune

They are not out of bussiness but the breeder is having lots of problems now and maybe the will close the bank as they can't afford all the work. They sell just a few seed packs every year and he has to work a lot on his own to make the reproductions and all that in a small indoor, keep mums, etc. It seems there's not many people is interested in their great africans and african hybrids. Its a shame because even the prices were amazingly cheap, ridiculous price for the strains though!

They were forced to start doing feminised seeds and now even autoflowering seeds to survive to the market/growers demands.

From the official website of Tropical Seeds Company dot com too...

Let's see how it goes!

viva ganja

Old post from 20'Thai on O.G forums.

Purple Durban

"In Ozz in the late 70's they imported some 100%Sativa Purple durbanPoison from Africa that made everyone see things that weren't there when they first smoked it. Many people had to be rushed to hospital and shot up with a high dose of pure Valium to calm them down. Once you were use to visual and audible effects of that batch of durban, it would completely annihilate even the most hardened of smokers for over 8hours...and I mean smokers that could bong 7-8grammes of the finest imported Thai Sticks per day without consequence, that were sold 'before and at the same time' this PurpleDPoison came into Ozz. The PurpleDPoison had some seeds in it, and I grew it for 4 years straight. The offspring for ONLY the first generation/year were purple and thereafter reverted back to the standard green. But none of us could make it as potent as the original batch was that came in from Africa. Close - but no cigar, if you know what I mean. The farmer in charge of that grow in Africa was a Cultivar-supreme at the true sense of the word as the dope was not laced with anything I assure you - it was straight from the BlackMans'Hand who harvested it out of an organic field of soil inside some jungle. One smoke, and you knew 'that' immediatly, as it tasted as smooth and as sweet as could be. After some people were hospitalised(for a day) as a result of it, authorities here obtained samples of it and thoroughly tested it to find that it had nothing else but an extordinary amount of Cannabinoidal resins in it - higher than anything else they'd ever tested before. No chemical additives whatsoever. The Media here at the time nicknamed it 'Purple Poison'.

There have been over time in many countries differing imported buds like Thai, NamBlacks and ColumbianReds that would stone you for as long as the PurpleDPioson did. Yet when seeds were taken from the samples that had them in them and were grown out the following year by home growers, they were never quite as strong as the original either. Very strong, yes, but not as outrageously potent as the originals. Why? Perhaps the mass-scale farmers of those times were using secrets passed down from genereation to generation that they never divulged to anyone and have since died with them...who knows? Your guess is as good as anyone elses.
Perhaps growing dope on a mass scale (guerilla type), works in the same way that cooking food in a massive oven on a mass scale does also - it aids to enhance itself from the mass aromas involved. Possible, but once again, not definite. What is definite though, is that there are much stonier smoking buds than those that do it for you for 3-4hours. Go to a SpanishFlea market near Madrid at the end of their/your growing season, and you'll see what I mean. Ask for KalamataRed Sativa buds, and enjoy a heavy Duty 6-8 hour experience...but they'll be twice the price of the thai and columbian buds they sell. In Spain, and many other places, after you've been around in the game a while, you'll find buds that will match the finest there is...and certainly much longer lasting than the MTF(?) you enjoyed. But the finest, if you are the right person, will find you - you, will not find it. It is an unwritten Lore of the cannabisKingdom.
Take care."

Greetings Everybody.. :wave:

Pure Durban Poison African Landrace Sativa

Purple Freak by 20'Thai...

viva ganja

This is a lovely thread full of excellent infos and pics of African Landrace Sativas... a true pleasure to read.. i wonder why it's not on the Landrace section...

viva ganja

hi MrSterling, it is supposed to be one of the plants 20'Thai grew from the seeds found on that purple durban poison he reffers to in that post..

Old post from 20'Thai
Purple Durban

"In Ozz in the late 70's they imported some 100%Sativa Purple durbanPoison from Africa that made everyone see things that weren't there when they first smoked it. Many people had to be rushed to hospital and shot up with a high dose of pure Valium to calm them down. The PurpleDPoison had some seeds in it, and I grew it for 4 years straight. The offspring for ONLY the first generation/year were purple and thereafter reverted back to the standard green. "

M

MrSterling

I was afraid that was going to be the case when I saw the Overgrow mention :(.

numide

Veteran
Good luck amigo Blan-k with your baby

Here a Ghana in guerilla, thine lady with purple calix

Attachments

• DSCF1395 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1395 (Copier).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF1409 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1409 (Copier).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1412 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF1412 (Copier).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 23

Chomba64

Veteran
Here is this years Swazi. What a smell this has.. Sweet floral smell...Peace

Attachments

• DSCN3199.jpg
    DSCN3199.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 26

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Not really Swazi stuff with Chomba Mustaf ; yummy broz ; the line comes from Cape town and was reproduced indoor by PTG last year.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=38306

Here is the mom#1 batch who has Chomba, i feel her prox to Swazi but its just a perso feeling in fact! ;)
picture.php

Full vibes to PTG and congrats Chomba, cheers broz'

numide

Veteran
Ghana

Same mother but in balcony

Attachments

• DSC_0005 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0005 (Copier).JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0003 (Copier).JPG
    DSC_0003 (Copier).JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 23

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
They are not out of bussiness but the breeder is having lots of problems now and maybe the will close the bank as they can't afford all the work. They sell just a few seed packs every year and he has to work a lot on his own to make the reproductions and all that in a small indoor, keep mums, etc. It seems there's not many people is interested in their great africans and african hybrids. Its a shame because even the prices were amazingly cheap, ridiculous price for the strains though!

They were forced to start doing feminised seeds and now even autoflowering seeds to survive to the market/growers demands.

From the official website of Tropical Seeds Company dot com too...

Let's see how it goes!

Some of their gear (ciskei, zambian,...) is actualy available ac Cannabiogen, and seems there's some collaboration between cannabioeen and the tropical seeds company, so there might be some I guess.

Irie !