What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

Fairly low due to high Na. The $100 a yard price tag almost makes up for it. I'll post a test later.

Also low in p, and micros. 48% ca mg 14 k 7 Na 2.3% (way higher in sat paste) hydrogen 21 %ph 5.8 cec 10. Added some feather oyster kelp and cal phos along with some micros. Gonna do another test soon.

orechron

I'd apply powdered gypsum. Oyster shell flour isn't going to be available for a long while. Leaves are showing a Ca problem, but considering how off the numbers are they don't seem to be doing that bad.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Agreed, they look Ca deficient.

With CaSO4 at that low pH you risk leaching of K and Mg...no?

I think I would pound them with Albion Metalosate Ca for now. Quit the pht k. And get the finest grind hi cal lime I could in there as soon as possible. Tainio says if pH is below 6.5 use CaCO3. Between 6.5 and 7 fix half the Ca deficit with CaCO3 and the other half with CaSO4. Above 7 use CaSO4.

A 200 mesh CaCO3 is available. Or, if you need silica Vansil W10 is a 200 mesh calcium silicate. That should not leach cations either.

orechron

True the others will leach, but based on what I've seen in the past two years Mg starts becoming deficient around 8-10% and K at 3-4%. What puts me on the fence between lime and gypsum in this case is comparative availability and the numbers on Mg and K being high enough to possibly warrant a little leaching? I def wouldn't apply gypsum if Mg and K were low. Maybe micronized lime could get down 1-3 inches but the only practical way to incorporate it fully is tillage to distribute the particles. Canna, thats a tough spot to be in. Can you lightly incorporate lime into the surface couple inches without messing the roots up? What other info can you give? Depending on how much feather meal was mixed in right away, a dose of CaNO3 might not benefit them either.

reppin2c

Veteran
If they need Ca wouldn't a pht Ca or sea shield drench be the easy way....since this is the AEA thread. I can't tell with this small screen though. I'd take a sap sample and get the hard numbers

Here is the fresh mendo side of the gh, the other picture was a few years old mendo mix. Potted plant is in ocean forest. Today they received 10 ml per gal nutralive,planters solution, sea shield , and pht ca. Applying 200 mesh lime this week. Thanks for the input.

Orechron, unfortunately this is unammended mendo mix. Only did a top dress of oyster shell and kelp meal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I like to do 30 ml foliar and usually 5-20 ml drench per gallon. I do lower amounts indoors.

Another shot of mendo dep gals at 23 days. Gonna do a nice shot of Jh biotech calcium carbonate today and an Albion , micro 5000, and whatever else I sporadically add foliar this afternoon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 28

Dab Strudel

hello folks, I was wondering if you could point me to how to get onto the grow better food page that FE listed in the first post as well as where i can find info about AEA and BA. I am only 1/4 way thru this thread and I would like to read into the products discussed, too many 'I like x and s to mix and r the next week'... thank you BYF, FE, MJ, and the rest of the folks that are the trailblazers in this category.

reppin2c

Veteran
After opening up the other containers, it seems everything is much more watered down. It was good while it lasted. Pretty sure I said the same thing last year about this time as compared to the older products. Hope it doesn't turn into tinted water worse then it currently is

Also in 50 gallons at 126 ppm-250ml sea shield/sea stim/bloom/rejuvenate 100 ml growth/vitality 30ml sea crop tapped the meter to a blistering 400 ppm lol

milkyjoe

Veteran
Diy involves learning how to ball mill and keep non soluble inputs in suspension whilst avoiding interaction. Good luck in that pursuit

Avenger

Veteran
salt peter

12.9 mmol=763 ppm nitrate(~800mg/L)

sodium increases blood pressure, so high nitrate without the sodium more effectively lowering BP seems pretty clear to me.

?

maxmurder

Veteran
After opening up the other containers, it seems everything is much more watered down. It was good while it lasted. Pretty sure I said the same thing last year about this time as compared to the older products. Hope it doesn't turn into tinted water worse then it currently is

Also in 50 gallons at 126 ppm-250ml sea shield/sea stim/bloom/rejuvenate 100 ml growth/vitality 30ml sea crop tapped the meter to a blistering 400 ppm lol

When I feed outa my 55 gallon barrel thru a 200 micron filter I have to change the filter several times and it still clogged up my t tape in my last dep feeding 3 times a week for 9 weeks and running plain water in between.

cdisco86

Logan Labs testing results

Logan Labs testing results

Hey everyone, Ive been reading this thread after being shown it by a friend and getting really excited about the advancing eco ag line. Ordered a bunch of stuff from them including rejuv, seastim, seashield, sea crop, photomag, micro 5k and pepzyme. I went ahead and got a Logan Labs test done today for the greenhouses we are running. I was hoping I could post the results here and get some advice from Milky or any others who are knowledgable on the subject.

The Cover Crop A is soil that hasn't been amended and only grown fava beans as a cover crop. Gothic A is soil that has been amended into 65gal pots but hasnt been planted yet, planning to plant in this in the next two weeks. Tunnel A is in the greenhouse that has already been planted, it was really hot and burned a lot of our plants so we added some of the cover crop A to it and the plants are looking a lot better. No Cover B is the soil that hasn't been amended and hasn't had a cover crop in it either. The soil in Cover Crop A will be planted into our next round so hoping to figure out exactly how we should amend this to get the numbers to where we want them.

Any advice about getting the desired amounts of everything to where we need them would be greatly appreciated. I understand the desired values and the value found, but not sure exactly where to go from here!

:thank you:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 9.51.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 9.51.56 AM.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 18