What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

jidoka

yes i am part of a third party organic certification program base out of northern california

check and see if they allow you to make sulfurous acid. or ask kempf, I forget the name of it but they promote some kind of energy device that clamps on the outside of your water pipe that is suppose to deal with bicarbs.

and be careful with both tainio and aea products, not all of them are approved organic

and on worms I got half European nightcrawlers and half wrigglers

edit...and consider di water for foliar. High bicarbs are not good for foliar

Last edited:

jidoka

I have never looked at the design but you basically run water through a sulfur burner and create sulfurous acid. I am sure you can google it

plantingplants

ask kempf, I forget the name of it but they promote some kind of energy device that clamps on the outside of your water pipe that is suppose to deal with bicarbs.

I'd love to see that. So easy to test. Do you have any other info on it? Couldn't find it with google.

You know, all these scammers (or just fools? Tho cognitive biases fuck us all up) could easy make one million dollars by putting their devices up to James Randi's challenge.

jidoka

my water is ok so I never looked into it. call Gary, at one point he was gonna test one...don't know if he did

edit...and yea I am skeptical of all this kind of stuff. I would want actual proof. Just saying it might be worth looking into

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love to see that. So easy to test. Do you have any other info on it? Couldn't find it with google.

You know, all these scammers (or just fools? Tho cognitive biases fuck us all up) could easy make one million dollars by putting their devices up to James Randi's challenge.

We inherited one of those strap ons at a farm in the south... haha... doesn't do shit.

They had it tied to the main line. I moved it to a secondary water line so we could see one section of the farm with it, versus the rest of the farm. Three years later? SQUAT! Nothing! NADA! I heard the last owner of that farm paid nearly $12 k for that silly thing.... Some Israeli vendor sold it to him. Heard he doesn't show his face in Peru anymore either...

plantingplants

So jidoka I'm still unclear what happened with your K overload-- did the meter have something to do with that? You had over 10% difference?

check and see if they allow you to make sulfurous acid. or ask kempf, I forget the name of it but they promote some kind of energy device that clamps on the outside of your water pipe that is suppose to deal with bicarbs.

and be careful with both tainio and aea products, not all of them are approved organic

and on worms I got half European nightcrawlers and half wrigglers

edit...and consider di water for foliar. High bicarbs are not good for foliar

hey thank you for looking out, I'm going to contact my certifier to see what is approved.
i stayed away from the PZ 1000 unfortunately and
I'm using the Holo products and rebound from AEA

orechron

How is Sait the bottom of the barrel in relation to Kempf? I've not met Kempf in person but have heard many stories of him fucking people over, from people who had business with him directly not just gossip. Sait may be a fertilizer salesmen but he doesn't forego talking about the importance of correcting soil calcium to sell more juice like Kempf seems to. Do you know something about him that we don't?

Space Case

Veteran
How is Sait the bottom of the barrel in relation to Kempf? I've not met Kempf in person but have heard many stories of him fucking people over, from people who had business with him directly not just gossip. Sait may be a fertilizer salesmen but he doesn't forego talking about the importance of correcting soil calcium to sell more juice like Kempf seems to. Do you know something about him that we don't?

Well, at least Gary Redding told me to put down 200lbs gypsum and 200lbs CaNO3 when I met him at my farm....before putting down mulching and rejuvenate.

accelerate is not approved either

well thats some bullshit, what is added that can't be used in organic production? When i purchased my product package from them i specially ask them for only certifiable products. (I do have a bunch of accelerate)

honestly though "organics" are stupid, i use it for marketing purposes but my point is if your building your soil life and OM then why should it matter how your products are derived? I want to do a test plot in my garden space on using top quality products( organic or not) will increase my quality and yield vs. my standard organic style i use now. If it doesn't hurt the biology then why should it be a problem?

What do these guys do at AEA that is unethical?

HillMizer

I really dislike buying bottled nutrients. It always makes me feel like I'm getting tricked and ripped off. I really like the idea of having a well built soil and topdressing eveything in, a straight forward economical system.

That being said, when I'm honest with myself I realize I lost some plant vigor when I came off of AEA last summer. I don't want it to be true, I hate to admit it, but I think it's true.

I don't use enough science and analysis, I don't do sap analysis often enough to learn anything.
I might have done well with just crab hydrolysate and mollasess instead of AEA.

When I got back from vacation my indoor room was kind of a wreck and looked like it had a major problem. One good application of holomac, holomic, seashield and spectrum and it looks great.

We used some Age Old, JHB micros and JHB calcium, kelp, and humates and it just was not looking good.

It's not science but garden looks good when I use this stuff, I want to pretend that it's a woowoo scam but it works.

jidoka

well thats some bullshit, what is added that can't be used in organic production? When i purchased my product package from them i specially ask them for only certifiable products. (I do have a bunch of accelerate)

honestly though "organics" are stupid, i use it for marketing purposes but my point is if your building your soil life and OM then why should it matter how your products are derived? I want to do a test plot in my garden space on using top quality products( organic or not) will increase my quality and yield vs. my standard organic style i use now. If it doesn't hurt the biology then why should it be a problem?

It could be they just have not bothered to get it certified. It could have to do with using fulvic acid. It could have to do with some non organic chelating agent. Or maybe there is something in there that kempf is straight lying about.

Ask them. I was told shit load of sea stim, sea shield, holop, rejuv and big hit of Mn along with some Zn and Cu. But I honestly don't believe shit those guys say.

Ask them to see the certification. You should get your money back if it isn't certified

in fact when they were doing the trials a couple of yrs ago here is the exact formula they were using (they have since added to it)
6 oz sea stim
3 oz sea shield
1.5 oz salute Mn

the salute is fulvic acid chelated and prevented organic cert...at that time all you had to do was sub rebound Mn (chelated with leonardite instead of fulvic) and you would be good.

They probably could have given you the new formula with rebound micros. It is constant shit like this with John...that he won't explain the science shit you saw and what orech said that is driving people away from him

The reason Sait is not in the US is the state by state views on fulvic.

plantingplants

Maybe it got updated-- this is from the accelerate label pdf on their website:
This product is suitable for use under NOP. Please check with your certifier before using.

It looks like they removed their safety data sheets which had more info about the contents.. might have to ask them for it now...

HillMizer

Maybe it got updated-- this is from the accelerate label pdf on their website:
This product is suitable for use under NOP. Please check with your certifier before using.

It looks like they removed their safety data sheets which had more info about the contents.. might have to ask them for it now...

I got all the MSDS in a packet with the last pallet I ordered. It's the law.