What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

jidoka

Woo Tainio

Woo Tainio

picture.php

Slipnot

When you first start with native clay you have to put at ton of gypsum and it's to get the water to get in to it do roots can go for it.

That is not necessarily true what we found to work the best or fastest to break down clay is Straw believe it or not till with straw

Jidiko happy your having decent results with peatmoss, We have stopped using moss as we now know peat moss is environmentally bankrupt or useless it respells water, is acidic
best way is time when working with clay soils lots of browns and greens , compost , even lots of sand..
Allowing actual nature to break it into good fertile soil , even planting carrots or deep rooting plant species the first year etc

Though gardeners seem to have been programmed to buy peat and are as loyal to the product as some car-buyers used to be about their beloved Pontiacs, there’s simply no need to use it. Chopped leaves make a much better and more attractive mulch, and compost is superior as a soil amendment.

If only more Americans could be encouraged to compost. If only corporations started their own composting facilities, and if only more municipalities got serious about composting. shit everyone would have great grows i mean a friends municipality he can get dump truck loads from towns compost management place

Be a good business venture buy some land and start a compost business even worm farms with more n more people going organic eventually one could even start making a 100 percent organic soil mix and sell it by the bag or yard

people are getting way to involved with CEC , and amendments its really got out of hand , we do not see huge gains in yield , ut were seeing more lock outs , def, ph issues etc, etc , etc..
an why people adding limes peatmoss etc..
Truth is,,its all Natural ph adjust naturally its the sequence of carbon cycle and living microbes once they die off then the next microbes take control and adjust ph
With everyone liming or add this and that your truly fucking with carbon cycle your not allowing nature to do its thing..

When i make a soil or start a new batch of compost its one year later when i use it. yup one year.
when i planted my out door this year i started a new batch of compost for next years etc etc..

I figured out takes about 1.5 months for compost or new soil mix to stabilize where its totally safe to plant anything and it will grow with out and lock outs .. and why ? there is a choice people have to make growing 100 percent organic this is with out gyp, lime bone meal blood meal , shit

You know why i call it shit ??? cause its refined man made product SHIT
You ever wonder why when you catch and eat that fresh salmon it tastes amazing ,, compared to man processed store bought salmon and where do you think most diseases and pathogens start ?? salmonella etc

I guess there is 2 ways of going organic 1st way is wanna be way where you add amendments that are not one fucking bit native to your soil and sit proud by passer byers thinking your doing it right

then the other organic gardener or home steader who will gather native organic matter ,, add greens and manures even have a compost bin and save all his greens and blends it into one soil

With not one fucking issue

We all have to decide which one do we fall into cause most sucessful organic growers are the latter type not the 1st way

Organic growing is as simple as cracking open a beer its to simple

We make it difficult with all this amendment crap rock duct lime gyp , and you know what there the ones yapping CEC , or lock outs or what ever else
and us other guys are sitting back laughing our fuckng asses off thinking You fuckers just do not get it :laughing:

Problem arises because people are always in a hurry

Slow and easy win the race

oct

Show more than your little "nothing but rain water all year" plant and I'll be more keen on listening.

If I made soil like you describe in the above post, I'd have a pile of leaves the size of a house in my front yard.

jidoka

slow...just fuckin around. You started the woo woo thing which honestly pissed me off...i love this stuff. It eventually made me stop listening...i am on my own journey anyways so i just went back to that path.

Then someone made a joke about the wu rang clan. That made me laugh so i joined the woo tanio clan

But the answer is everything i do is for the colas. I spray micro 5000, pz 1000 and pepzyme. I use spectrum extra in the soil

I see it as a minor hack...like a human taking vitimin d

Enjoying quality results with the aea line and a lot of dry ammendments including zn and mn sulfate @ 1 g/gal watered in a few times. Thanks slownickel, cat 710, orechron, leadsled, jidoka and others for input. C99 cross in old bioag/ native clay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

jidoka

A week or 1.5 to go. No red hairs, or damn few, means no oxidation...no free radical damage. Long journey but it has been a fun one

einhornisfinkle

Jidiko happy your having decent results with peatmoss, We have stopped using moss as we now know peat moss is environmentally bankrupt or useless it respells water, is acidic
best way is time when working with clay soils lots of browns and greens , compost , even lots of sand..
Allowing actual nature to break it into good fertile soil , even planting carrots or deep rooting plant species the first year etc

Though gardeners seem to have been programmed to buy peat and are as loyal to the product as some car-buyers used to be about their beloved Pontiacs, there’s simply no need to use it. Chopped leaves make a much better and more attractive mulch, and compost is superior as a soil amendment.

If only more Americans could be encouraged to compost. If only corporations started their own composting facilities, and if only more municipalities got serious about composting. shit everyone would have great grows i mean a friends municipality he can get dump truck loads from towns compost management place

Be a good business venture buy some land and start a compost business even worm farms with more n more people going organic eventually one could even start making a 100 percent organic soil mix and sell it by the bag or yard

people are getting way to involved with CEC , and amendments its really got out of hand , we do not see huge gains in yield , ut were seeing more lock outs , def, ph issues etc, etc , etc..
an why people adding limes peatmoss etc..
Truth is,,its all Natural ph adjust naturally its the sequence of carbon cycle and living microbes once they die off then the next microbes take control and adjust ph
With everyone liming or add this and that your truly fucking with carbon cycle your not allowing nature to do its thing..

When i make a soil or start a new batch of compost its one year later when i use it. yup one year.
when i planted my out door this year i started a new batch of compost for next years etc etc..

I figured out takes about 1.5 months for compost or new soil mix to stabilize where its totally safe to plant anything and it will grow with out and lock outs .. and why ? there is a choice people have to make growing 100 percent organic this is with out gyp, lime bone meal blood meal , shit

You know why i call it shit ??? cause its refined man made product SHIT
You ever wonder why when you catch and eat that fresh salmon it tastes amazing ,, compared to man processed store bought salmon and where do you think most diseases and pathogens start ?? salmonella etc

I guess there is 2 ways of going organic 1st way is wanna be way where you add amendments that are not one fucking bit native to your soil and sit proud by passer byers thinking your doing it right

then the other organic gardener or home steader who will gather native organic matter ,, add greens and manures even have a compost bin and save all his greens and blends it into one soil

With not one fucking issue

We all have to decide which one do we fall into cause most sucessful organic growers are the latter type not the 1st way

Organic growing is as simple as cracking open a beer its to simple

We make it difficult with all this amendment crap rock duct lime gyp , and you know what there the ones yapping CEC , or lock outs or what ever else
and us other guys are sitting back laughing our fuckng asses off thinking You fuckers just do not get it :laughing:

Problem arises because people are always in a hurry

Slow and easy win the race

This is a pretty damn nonsensical post. Have you actually ever tried to mix in sand into clay top soil? It makes mud. The sand does not help form a colloid, it actually fills in the small spaces and makes LESS air available. Tomato growers in Florida grow in sand and fucking hate it, have to fertilize almost continuously. Sand does not contribute to aeration, water retention, organic matter, CEC, or any real mineral value. Dumbest thing I've read since someone suggested using zeolite in their soil. Hell, I'll just grow in used kitty litter by that measure...

There aren't 2 ways to grow organic, there are a million.

orechron

Slipnot,

We usually choose peat because of its acidity or lack of cations. We can add what we want. I've never personally seen compost that doesn't have too much potassium or phosphorus to be used in the volumes that the Coots followers call for. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'd like to try, maybe start with local hardwood mulch and calcium rich mineral amendments.

I don't see how soil balancing has gotten out of hand. Truth is, some soils are acidic and mother nature isn't going to magically alkalize them in a week to prep for a grow. So, we add minerals and we do it based on a test so we know how much. I've grown in Coots mix before that was unbalanced and the microbes didn't overcome those excesses or deficits to grow a nutritionally balanced plant.

Drinking beer doesn't require much foresight or planning.

Jidoka,

Kicking ass.

I took too much vitamin c to try and heal a crushed finger. You know the rest of the story.

Cat,

Wu Tang name generator...

http://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

jidoka

My wu tang name is zexty ninja

If it weren't harvest season where my lack of sleep makes my brain fucked up i would change

reppin2c

Veteran
Where can I find these man made limes, gypsum etc? Last time I checked they where mined. I had 10 footers that went over 5 in 100s. If only I had the time to compost for years I might do it but I think I'll stick with these quick returns.

Add sand to this colorado clay with a touch of water then make some plaster walls.

Which one of you fuckers would be ODB in the woo tainio clan? I got quiet ambassador on the name generator.

Here's some lemon og at 5 weeks. Not the fat cola type but I'll take it

reppin2c

Veteran
Also thought I'd throw up my buddies dog holding down his trim scene as I ran the grill top at 2 am to beat the freeze

Latest posts

Latest posts