What's new

Ace Zamaldelica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion

Zamaldelica x Hawaiian sativa sounds like a great cross! :)
Don't worry, my skills to make proper pics also sucks hehehehe

For what i understand, you reversed the hawaiian sativa to pollinate your Zamaldelica female ... How is the hawaiian sativa you chose ?

Best wishes for 2016! ;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
No Dubi , I miss quoted that. It is a Hawiian female crossed with your Zamaldelica from last year. They were both started from seed. Just culled the rest I only kept the runt male and the smallest healthy female. I will use about 30 of these seeds and see what comes from a small experimental grow this summer. I don't have the means to do it right unfortunately. If I can come up with a hybrid that breeds true and finishes at 6' or approximately 200 centimeters tall I'm a happy guy. Well that's how I spend my free time anyway. lol Short sativa's gotta be more than me that would like to have some. ???

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
PS. I only chose the Hawaiian from the memory of a 1/2 oz. I had 30 years earlier. Just seemed like a good pairing to work with. If It doesn't work my friends won't complain about doing smoke reports for me as I don't smoke myself. Job related Peace

I may be on to something or on something?

Tangwena

Veteran
Zamaldelica oil

Zamaldelica oil

I have opened a cob and Zam buds I sealed up 11 months ago, to make some oil from the cob and buds.
I had to taste some of the cob, which was still slightly moist and very sticky.
It had a resin/pine taste with strong peppery flavor, real African flavors
I used QWISO method allowing the iso to steep the ground up buds for 10 mins.
Then filtered through a coffee filter, roughly 5 grams from 28g of buds.
I usualy get more if I leave it for 30 mins but it is a lot darker oil, and I like the brown oil more.
Mixing the oil with the cob is the ultimate high IMO, depending on the strain of course. I cant wait to try the mix over the next few days.

subrovka

amazing tangwena!

these colors and the rockhard appearance just make me smile, even if i haven´t tried a good cob yet..:biggrin:

..can´t wait to cob my buds when i see your pics, but my maizes and malawis still need a while..hehe

Tangwena

Veteran
amazing tangwena!

these colors and the rockhard appearance just make me smile, even if i haven´t tried a good cob yet..:biggrin:

..can´t wait to cob my buds when i see your pics, but my maizes and malawis still need a while..hehe
Your time will come my friend I dont doubt it, you have nice plants growing you will have nice cobs to.
My current grow is being stuffed up by white fly I may only get a few sub par buds at the end, I had high hopes for some good bud but it is not to be. I will have to wait till after Christmas now, everything takes to long.
Its very frustrating waiting for a new crop to try and improve my cob making technique, thats why I have been doing it for so long, each crop you hope for the best buds but you cant be sure until they are picked.
Tangwena

nksv

Tangwena - how often do you powerfeed your zamaldelica? I've got the purple PF for flowering but i know the strain can be nute sensitive?

subrovka

man what a pity, sorry to hear that..!
i cross my fingers for you that you still gonna have some bud with the proper quality for you to cob them..but hey, you have very high demand in quality of your starting material for the cobs, so good things will take time : )

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena - how often do you powerfeed your zamaldelica? I've got the purple PF for flowering but i know the strain can be nute sensitive?
Hi my friend I am probably the worst grower on these forums, but I just start low (I didn't used to) and gradually increase the feeds keeping an eye on the plant to see if they are getting enough nutes.
I use coco so I flush with a weaker solution (about half strength) every third watering. It takes time but if you start low you should be alright. But I struggle to get it right on new strains its just easier the second or third grow when you have a feeling for the strain.Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
I thought I would tack this grow onto this old thread rather than start a new one.
I am just starting a grow that includes Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger.
I have had them on 11/13 from day one the Zam is a shorter faster flowering plant than my last bushy one so I will be interested in what the high is like compared to my first that I still have most of the buds left, they are just too strong to use up quickly.
The Golden Tiger is really stretching but at the same time bud sites appear all over it so I think it will be a huge producer. The smell is just like my last GT so I could not be happier.
It is just about my favorite high and one of my top 3 with Panama and Mulanji.
I have a Mulanji cross in there too but it will be a week or so before she is ready for pictures. I have a Swazi that I need to harvest before I can set her up for flowering.
First 2 pics are the compact Zamaldelica that smells amazing I cant describe the smell but its sexy as and stinks to high heaven.
The GT is lime, sweet musty and sweet wild honey absolutely amazing smell and just like the other one I grew.
These two once cob cured will be amazingly powerful, too much for some people, well make that most people except us old timers who remember when you got high from smoking dope ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Beautiful as always Tang .!! Sweet sweet smoke in that lot.What do you think of Punta Rojo X Zamaldelica
Sounds like a match made in heaven. The punto rojo is highly regarded by people I hold in high regard but I have never tried it personall YET but one day one day.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Tropical buds

Tropical buds

I have harvested the last of the Swazi nice big airy sativa colas like Thai weed.
I have reconfigured the grow box and moved the GT to the left hand side and laid the Mulanji cross down to help control the stretch as its just started to show sex.
The GT smells so good of musty wood and sweet honey truly amazing, the Mulanji has a sweet musty smell as well and should be fantastic once cured.
The Zamaldelica is I think a short fast Malawi pheno, the buds are huge already at 5 weeks and is sticky as all hell already with a musky lemony smell.Every branch needs staking already!
First pic Zamaldelica second GT and third and fourth pics the Mulanji before and after being laid on its side.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey, i just noticed your blumats. I've got a set of twelve and a 13 gal reservoir. What's your opinion on em?
I love them especially when I have to leave the plants for a week or two. I only use water in them and hand water the feeds. If I go away I add very low nutes and I mean low.
The last time I left the plants for two weeks I think the salts settled in tank and burnt the plants badly.
I used to have a pump in the res on a timer to stir the solution up now and then, that worked alright but the last time I was too slack to set it up and paid the price.
It gets quite hot in the cabinet in the Aussie summer frequently hitting 39c but if they have clean water dripping from the blumats they dont stress at all.
Tangwena

deepwaterdude

Cool beans, Tang. I used them with the Bangi, Panama and GT with very low nutes, also made the mistake of putting fish emulsion in a stagnant reservoir; stank to high heaven. I have an extra shitty little air pump off of which I can run up to 4 stones. i'll put a couple in the res next time;) I usually use it to make teas in a 5 gal bucket w/ the 2 stones.

Tangwena

Veteran
7 weeks flower

7 weeks flower

These are the pics of the Zam and Gt The GT looks like 14 weeks at least but the Zamaldelica is crazy the shade leaves are fading and it looks like it will be ready by 10 weeks amazing.
The buds on the Zam are solid especially the two main buds which are fat a chunky as hell.
This pheno looks nothing like the others I grew and smell very strong like a stinky Malawi. Once this is cured it will be extremely strong.
I cant wait to get this cobbed but I have to you cant rush either the maturing or the curing.
The other small plant thats just started flowering is a Mulanji x Thai Tanic thats another special high and I am growing it and curing it to be like caviar.
First up Zamaldelica, then 3 GT pics this is so powerful the smell has me dreaming already. I really love this plant nothing comes close to the high you get from this cured properly.
Then the Mulanji cross early days yet.

Tangwena

JACKBAYBEH

Tangwena,
What's your opinion of the Thai Tanic? Just curious. I have a pack of old beans that are
a cross of DNA Chocolope x FD Thai Tanic. Trying to decide if I want to make them apart of my OD run 2017 or go with something else. Interested in your first hand experience with this variety.