What's new

A Hillbilly's memoire of organic outdoor grown canadian strains.

Hillbilly69

Time to dig into the West coast strains, these are some Early Bramble I bought from AAA seeds in British Columbia. Had the same genetics as the guerilla gold (Early Gold x (Afghan x Mighty mite)). Not sure if these are the genetics that started the GG breeding line, but they certainly were similar and finished end of august beginning of September. The following are 2 phenos I selected to make my own seeds. Then grew those for some years before I met Mr Reibsi. To this day these genetics are staple Canadian outdoor winners. I recently bought some RGS GG#2 and GG#3 to hopefully find some more winners that will do well around here.
100_1073.jpg
100_1082.jpg
100_1083.jpg
100_1084.jpg

Hillbilly69

Another west coast winner that I tried was the original Mighty Amstel Freeze (MAF). This is one that I regret not breeding and storing seeds. Crossing the MAF with my selected male Early Bramble would have probably created an awesome early strain for my neck of the woods. The MAF had 2 pheno's, green and pink, I was lucky to get both in the seeds I got. Grew them 1 year and then talked about them every year after that as I couldn't seem to find another source. Thankfully the folks at RGS have some and I finally get to try them again.
100_1056.jpg
100_1057.jpg
100_1058.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Let's start with some KrK gear, these were Bluebonic, I saw RGS has an earlier version of these (crossed with GG). These went to beginning of October, so just a tad too late for my area, but they were super vigorous and mold resistant so finished up with no probs and was A+
I think the Fast Bionic Girl would be earlier, so it's on my future list to check out.
These pics are end of August in swamp tubes, decided to tie one down to see how it would do...
Hey brother long live UDG.

I grew out some of KrKs Bluebonic too. Had rebar for stems. A very good strain just a little light on the potency. Never had the pleasure of growing Rebsis AA.

linde

Another west coast winner that I tried was the original Mighty Amstel Freeze (MAF). This is one that I regret not breeding and storing seeds. Crossing the MAF with my selected male Early Bramble would have probably created an awesome early strain for my neck of the woods. The MAF had 2 pheno's, green and pink, I was lucky to get both in the seeds I got. Grew them 1 year and then talked about them every year after that as I couldn't seem to find another source. Thankfully the folks at RGS have some and I finally get to try them again. View attachment 18826713 View attachment 18826714 View attachment 18826715
Those look a lot like the old Friesland only a green version. Nice!

hamstring

Veteran

Hillbilly69

Hey brother long live UDG.

I grew out some of KrKs Bluebonic too. Had rebar for stems. A very good strain just a little light on the potency. Never had the pleasure of growing Rebsis AA.
Hamstring! :wave:How's it going? I knew I'd find some old UDG folks here, been a while lol!
Agreed, the bluebonic was solid as hell, the rabits would cut a limb down and then leave it there, was probably too hard on their teeth lol!

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

Do you remember Jaysprouts AK99xFL that was some good shit brother. Some of the best Outdoor I ever grew.
Sure do, I never got to try that one, but remember the pics that some were posting. I was too busy having fun with the strains Reibsi was sharing. ;)
There were a lot of UDG breeder genetics I wanted to try but it shut down before I got a chance...

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

Hillbilly
Thanks for the pics and trip down memory lane. welcome to IC mag. Breeder Brad still hangs out here.
No prob, that was the objective, to hopefully get some UDG'ers to surface. Awesome to hear Breeder Brad is still around. Is he still breeding? I think the freezeland IBL I got from RGS comes from his freeze line. Always wanted to try his Fire MOB x Freezeland...
Nice to hear from ya Hamstring!
Cheers!

Hillbilly69

Hey Mr Brunch
Thanks! To my surprise you can actually still got some of these genetics. Real Gorilla Seeds has some available, check out their outdoor gear. They have an early version of the bluebonic, also some of KrK's patriot medicine. They also have some freezeland IBL and other crosses with it. The Guerilla Gold (GG #2&3), have same genetics as the Early Bramble. They also have the MAF crossed back with the freezeland. I just received an order from them a few weeks ago.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks mate
Rgs are good guys, I have run lots of their indoor stuff… nice to see the outdoors stuff has good early genetics.
I have some of their auto amnesia for this year as I have heard good things.
What happened to the auto Afghan, that one looks interesting 🧐
All the best

Hillbilly69

Thanks mate
Rgs are good guys, I have run lots of their indoor stuff… nice to see the outdoors stuff has good early genetics.
I have some of their auto amnesia for this year as I have heard good things.
What happened to the auto Afghan, that one looks interesting 🧐
All the best
I don't have access to the auto affie anymore. Reibsi was the father of that beauty and I lost contact with him about 10 years ago. Been trying to replace it since. I actually ordered some Dr Greenthumb Iranian autoflower to see if its the same thing. Rumour has it that it's actually an S1 of the auto affie clone. We'll see, that's if I even get the seeds...:drum:

Notice the bud pic of the pink pheno, it's funny how similar it looks to the picture that RGS used for their MAFF seeds. No doubt they come from the same genetic line. :smoke: View attachment 18826717 View attachment 18826718 View attachment 18826720
Very cool pink. Reminds me a lot of the Shaman I grew from Dutch Passion.
(Pic from their site)
Great thread, always knew Canada has some great growers, nice to see such a variety. I remember a time when BC Bud was huge. Props on your amazing grows!!!!

Attachments

• 587-shaman.jpg
    587-shaman.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40

Hillbilly69

Very cool pink. Reminds me a lot of the Shaman I grew from Dutch Passion.
(Pic from their site)
Great thread, always knew Canada has some great growers, nice to see such a variety. I remember a time when BC Bud was huge. Props on your amazing grows!!!!
Thanks for the kind words pioneer! That Shaman is a nice looking plant, purple bud and pink pistils. 🤤
When I started BC bud was the s$%t too, but it didn't take long for other canadian breeders to come up with their own outdoor beauties. There's a lot of good strains and growers out there now. Things have changed alot in 15 years. Back when I started auto's were revolutionary!! :eek::ROFLMAO:

40degsouth

Lovely Hillbilly69.
I’m really enjoying the photos and descriptions of your plants.
It makes me feel really nostalgic about the old lines we used to get here. It was the stories attached to them that made them really special too.
Cheers,

Latest posts

Latest posts