A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1717700613698.jpeg

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I got to the house I am framing today and the electrician told me the plumber said the walls were the straightest and most plumb he has ever seen. I told him wait till we straighten and plumb them up.

I would hate to see some of the stuff the plumber has worked on. He was shocked when he found out I cut all the blocking for his shower heads and shower valves. Said it is the only time he ever had it cut for him.

The heating guy was surprised I framed in runs for his duct work so he didnt have to cut up the walls. Honestly, I would rather do that then have him hack my walls up and leave them all butchered so I have to come back and fix it.

I guess other framers don't take into account what happens after they leave. Seems like a few extra minutes of time is well worth the effort. Everyone is happier if the job progresses easily.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
In the last week I have had to confront 2 cyclists who were riding on the sidewalk . . . just 10 feet away from the shiny new bike lane that our city constructed all last summer at great expense. I blocked them both and told them the sidewalk was for walking and that they should use the bike lane . . . which they both sheepishly did after apologizing.

Our mayor has said that by 2030 she expects that 75% of all trips under 3 miles will be via walking, bicycle or public transit. She is obviously on better drugs than I have access to because I think that she is forgetting that we have a 5 month period of bitter cold when white shit falls from the sky making walking and public transit painful and bicycling virtually impossible.

I could go on . . . :rasta:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Our mayor has said that by 2030 she expects that 75% of all trips under 3 miles will be via walking, bicycle or public transit. She is obviously on better drugs than I have access to because I think that she is forgetting that we have a 5 month period of bitter cold when white shit falls from the sky making walking and public transit painful and bicycling virtually impossible.

I could go on . . . :rasta:
She must be smoking hope-e-um.

Latest posts

Latest posts