What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...still sore from yesterday...but right to garden work after coffee time...no rest for the wicked...except for the 10 hours of sleep last night...
lots of up-potting to do today...and empty pots since it's trash day...oh yeah,stuck with the doggos for a few days,almost forgot about that

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:alrighty,done with the larger up-pots...gotta make a store run,i'm starving...also my back is yelling at me so a break from up-potting seems like a good idea...gonna end up using the entire bale plus the 1/3 of a bale i already had...and make a crapload of dirty pots to wash

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: almost done with veg, all the up-potting is done for today...just need to mix another 2 gallons of nutes,finish watering the plants in early veg and top and prune the keepers from the seed run plants until i have time to clone them to death...tired...back aches...
got the 8 super boof into a tote and one wedding cake...

tossed around 20 clones in cups,got a few left i can give away,and everything else backed up...tossed some bigger plants as well....looking much more reasonable in early veg now...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
used to weigh/box up/stack on skids 5400 lb of "stuff" per shift for the US military at a former job. the day they fired my ass was one of the happiest days of my life... :jump: still have shoulder problems from it. :(
I use to stack cases of pies. 55 pallets a shift with 100 cases per pallet. each weight about 15 pounds. I lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks eating everything I could shove down my throat. I was starving all the time.

It was nothing to eat a half gallon of ice cream when I got home. That was after I ate a 10 inch pie and four full meals at work. I use to have to smuggle food down to the line because if break was late I would start to shake from hunger.

I was 25 at the time.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Talking about eating. When I first started roofing I would run on the roof. I averaged 18-20 square a day. That was the shingles, drip edge flashing vents paper and any cutting for valleys ect. My wife added up what I ate every day and freaked out. I was eating 7,500-8,000 calories a day.

I had a 28 inch waist and 54 inch chest. My life insurance was classified as super preferred.

At that time I would roof a 1700-1800 hundred square foot house with a 2 car garage in a day and a half.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
did they not have any mexicans? :D
but seriously,those folks are working all day out in the blazing hell sun right now
It was a union shop. I dont think a illegal could even get in there. At the time you had to know someone to even get your application in.

It paid pretty well at the time with good benefits. Not so much anymore.

They worked you to death there though. I averaged 95 hours a week during busy season.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talking about eating. When I first started roofing I would run on the roof. I averaged 18-20 square a day. That was the shingles, drip edge flashing vents paper and any cutting for valleys ect. My wife added up what I ate every day and freaked out. I was eating 7,500-8,000 calories a day.

I had a 28 inch waist and 54 inch chest. My life insurance was classified as super preferred.

At that time I would roof a 1700-1800 hundred square foot house with a 2 car garage in a day and a half.
that's pretty good for a hobbit!