What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I love spicy downhills and climbing!

Proper amount of stupid should be my logo. I just need to tone down the stupid a little bit.

Rays bike park with the family was great. Watching the little one progress was my favorite park. She absolutely loved it. Even face planting and running into a wall didn't stop her. She probably did close to 100 laps on the little pump track. Other riders were calling her a machine. She just about figured out pumping and was getting pretty far up the berms. Can't wait to get her out on some easy single track. There's a couple of trails that she should be able to handle with a little help up the hills. Not the most skilled 7 year old at the park. But she has all the love and dedication.

I'm definitely getting older. I was only hitting the smaller jumps and with less confidence than just 2 years ago. Crashed on a landing too. So that was fun.
Interesting looking bike park. I first assumed you were headed to Cliffs Bike Park but I suppose this time of year in Cleveland indoor would be the better choice.
I wonder how Rays does as a business model, if it’s making money?
Plenty of old empty building around SE Michigan.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Interesting looking bike park. I first assumed you were headed to Cliffs Bike Park but I suppose this time of year in Cleveland indoor would be the better choice.
I wonder how Rays does as a business model, if it’s making money?
Plenty of old empty building around SE Michigan.
I can't imagine anyone is getting rich. Friday evening there was maybe 100 people there riding. Saturday mid day they were fairly busy. Few hundred people and several families hanging out. Lots of picnic tables all over and a nice snack bar. They allow outside food and lots of people make a whole day of it. They have a nice community of riders and everyone is super helpful and supportive.

A very positive addition to the city for sure. Even if only barely profitable.

4 adults and 1 child admission and rental bikes was almost 300. You can buy a yearly membership for 400 and each additional family member is half the price. 400 > 200 > 100 > 50......

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...looks to be a fine day for some trimming...and maybe some bike work...need to pull a tire off a rim and re-tape it and install a new valve...tubeless and it's had a slow leak for a while which most likely means the tape job is bad or the valve stem base is cracked since i already tried the old fill that fucker with sealant trick...
also need to wash some pots and cups today...and stakes...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moar buds!
honey banana,gg4,black cherry ice cream,slapz,92og,headband

IMG_20240303_185837162.jpg
IMG_20240303_185847967.jpg
IMG_20240303_185859474_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240303_185915208_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240303_185929043_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240303_185935702_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🚴‍♂️ time to make a store run,somehow out of bleach again....and need to load my card up so i can order some bike parts...
nothing too exciting,just replacement spokes for the busted wheel...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:cool: alrighty,time to get to work...

went a little crazy today on the bike stuff...got the spokes ordered,64 bucks for 8 spokes:yoinks:
industry9 wheels use proprietary spokes...they ain't cheap...
and i ordered some other stuff from universal...in the end i was close to free shipping so i added some bling

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back on the el continente

IMG_20240304_142751985_HDR.jpg

my very well used banjo brothers pack...had this for years,carried literally tons of stuff home with it,as well as every single frame i ever built up rode home strapped to this pack as well as whole bikes! stitching is starting to blow out,and the buckles are going...sad to see it go,but luckily they still make it...and it's cheap,like 60ish bucks with my discount at the bike shop

IMG_20240304_142757676.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
✂️:smokeit:got the nem all pre-trimmed,just need to let that and the cereal milk dry a bit before i can manicure...in other words not until wednesday...
and i washed pots and cups today

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
back on the el continente

View attachment 18969126

my very well used banjo brothers pack...had this for years,carried literally tons of stuff home with it,as well as every single frame i ever built up rode home strapped to this pack as well as whole bikes! stitching is starting to blow out,and the buckles are going...sad to see it go,but luckily they still make it...and it's cheap,like 60ish bucks with my discount at the bike shop

View attachment 18969127
So much for your brown bag special. Or is it more of a very dirty purple?