What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:back from hauling medium...pretty windy out,but a tailwind on the way home...on the last stretch i was going as fast as the wind was blowing...i could tell because there was a leaf just in front of me for like a kilometer...
time for lunch

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:time to play garden...first two task of the day done,medium hauled,chopped the 3 apple fritter...now to check and see if the seed run cuts have rooted and get them into cups,regular watering,and up-potting some more plants...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: (y) alrighty,all 8 of the nem x mac cuttings i got a well rooted healthy clone into cups along with some chilled cherries...for the most part i had choices in which of the 4 each i kept...shame about tossing 24 viable clones but i don't have space to keep more...
got around 20ish more plants up-potted,maybe another dozen to deal with tuesday...

veg tent...

IMG_20240303_171723490.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a little over 2 hours on pavement, 3 hours or so depending on the trail. I'll be checking back to see.
single speed,so the sweet spot for a 40/19 gear is like 15-17mph,obviously less if there's much climbing involved...
i have a bucket list ride in mind,like 15 miles to a trailhead,then break the bike down a bit and strap it to a backpack,hike over a mountain pass,then reassemble the bike and ride home from the other side...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
single speed,so the sweet spot for a 40/19 gear is like 15-17mph,obviously less if there's much climbing involved...
i have a bucket list ride in mind,like 15 miles to a trailhead,then break the bike down a bit and strap it to a backpack,hike over a mountain pass,then reassemble the bike and ride home from the other side...
I don’t know, just spitballin here but, Uber it over that mountain.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don’t know, just spitballin here but, Uber it over that mountain.
oh there's a perfectly good road,goes right by the trail i'm talking about hiking the bike over...the whole point of this particular ride is it's just the proper amount of stupid and likely a good helping of type 2 fun as well as being bonk inducing pointlessly difficult with a souson of spicy high speed danger downhills...
did i forget to mention a shit ton of climbing?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
oh there's a perfectly good road,goes right by the trail i'm talking about hiking the bike over...the whole point of this particular ride is it's just the proper amount of stupid and likely a good helping of type 2 fun as well as being bonk inducing pointlessly difficult with a souson of spicy high speed danger downhills...
did i forget to mention a shit ton of climbing?
I love spicy downhills and climbing!

Proper amount of stupid should be my logo. I just need to tone down the stupid a little bit.

Rays bike park with the family was great. Watching the little one progress was my favorite park. She absolutely loved it. Even face planting and running into a wall didn't stop her. She probably did close to 100 laps on the little pump track. Other riders were calling her a machine. She just about figured out pumping and was getting pretty far up the berms. Can't wait to get her out on some easy single track. There's a couple of trails that she should be able to handle with a little help up the hills. Not the most skilled 7 year old at the park. But she has all the love and dedication.

I'm definitely getting older. I was only hitting the smaller jumps and with less confidence than just 2 years ago. Crashed on a landing too. So that was fun.