What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure why I got inconsistencies with the consistencies 😋
EF1C32BB-05A0-4717-A9AC-0AB52A21D27D.jpeg
CC049936-98BE-4457-ADB9-A5F9C797AF0B.jpeg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: alrighty,got tied up with the selling part of growing,so pushed back the harvest until monday...got a crapload of garden work to deal with tomorrow,mostly cleaning...and i have a bunch of plants to cull...and rooted clones to get in cups...and pots to wash...and trimming to finish...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
ah jesus you're killing me!
roast the chicken and your mire poix in the oven until the chicken is cooked, then let the chicken cool enough to pluck the meat off,save the roasted mire poix veggies and the plucked carcass and skin and pan drippings,now put all that stuff in your stock pot,add a couple of bay leaves,cover the carcass and veg in water (and the pan drippings),bring it slowly up to a rolling simmer....do not let it boil!...let the stock simmer for 2-3 hours,strain it.

ok,now you have proper chicken stock....dice up fresh mire poix veggies,saute in oil along with the rosemary until the onions are translucent,add you chicken stock and chicken and thyme,let it all simmer for a couple of hours,add salt and pepper to taste...
DRY bay leaves chef, not fresh like he showed, and why not give him the secret of using a package of chicken wings and necks as well in his stock so he can get that gelatinous love???

Daniel hams it up.png

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...going all oppenheimer today..." i am become roundup,destroyer of plants"

got some excess plants to get rid of,they'll be way too big by the time a slot opens in flower,so bye bye planties! free cooling season is about over,no need for dozens of clones,or at least not 6-7 dozen...a day of cleaning and organizing followed by a bit of trimming...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but seriously,next time just grab a pre-roasted chicken if your local grocery store has them,saves a couple hours at any rate,and when i get them there's usually loads of fat in the bag and thus plenty to work with as far as getting a good base for the stock...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:

:mopper:alrighty...killed a half dozen plants,got a stack of pots and cups washed,and got a start on cleaning the potting bench...so onto the next set of task...getting the 2x4 trays in early veg cleaned up...