What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Spiciest food ever had was an Indian restaurant in Manhattan… whatever I ordered the mistake was made and choosing my level of heat
I was eating out in Laos and overheard an English guy complaining about his meal; "I like hot food but this is ridiculous" kind of thing. So naturally I said I'll have what he had. It was a green mango salad of all things. It was insanely hot just as the English guy said. I was determined to eat is slowly and not show outwardly what I was feeling. It was so, so hot, but I got through it, and it got through me over the coming day.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember how it kicked in I couldn’t enjoy my food I was guzzling glasses of ice water and wiping the sweat off my forehead

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Spiciest food ever had was an Indian restaurant in Manhattan… whatever I ordered the mistake was made and choosing my level of heat

My hottest was a reputed ghost pepper I tried in a Vegas restaurant. The waiter was ready for smartasses like me that wanted something really hot and he brought out a small bowl of chopped ghost. It was fairly intense . . . ;)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hatch green chile,it goes with everything!

IMG_20240218_160856188_HDR.jpg

Drumskinz

Years ago in the late 70’s I worked in an Italian restaurant as a short order cook…one of my weekly chores was to prep over 100 lbs. of icelandic haddock for their Friday fish fry…as time went on it seemed like every time I touched the fish my hands would get real itchy and if I touched my face it would become itchy too…it then finally turned into a full blown allergic reaction where if I made the mistake of touching my face while prepping it would swell up to the point where my eyes were almost completely shut. I loved to eat fish.So when I wanted it I had to be very careful when either frying, baking or grilling fish. If it was not cooked to the point of flakiness my face would swell up. This reaction went on for years and I never thought it would go away and always thought I’d grow out of it. Never did until one day I wanted to prepare a meal with red snapper. I always loved hot peppers so I decided to put some jalapeños on the fish to give it some zing. So I braced myself for the itchy thing and my face swelling up. It never did…wtf happened!!! Well the substance in hot peppers that makes them hot is capsaicin and it destroys the toxins in fish that made my face swell up. Who knew. Since I’ve never had a bad reaction when eating fish. Little bit of hot peppers helped me grow out of that allergy. But just to be safe I will down a little bit of my canned hot peppers. Have not had a reaction in quite a few years.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yuck fish and hot peppers.

I will stick with my grass feed beef I get here locally. No pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides. No GMO's or hormones either. I just drive by look out in the field and think which one is next.

And as a bonus it is not trucked across the country were some boob lets it get to warm and it taste gamey. Nor is it filled with water and stored for ever in a freezer.

Latest posts

Latest posts