What's new

91'chemdog

xtsho

chem91durbanpckfem.jpg

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
I don't know how accurate the information on Leafly is but according to them it seems all of the modern strains are caryophyllene-dominant, interesting.

And from the classics: Sensi Skunk, Super Skunk..

ime (dispensaries list terps around here)

all of the ones on the first page (that i've looked at or tried) have caryophyllene but myrcene is usually the #1 terp most of the time. it's why i steer clear of most anything modern and popular that are named after food (cakes, cookies, etc) and the og kushes... often too much myrcene. skimming, purple punch is an exception (the batches i know have caryophyllene as the #1 terp), maybe gg4... it could just be my luck, but it seems almost everything i check out at the dispo has myrcene as #1 highest.

i'd like to see the test results leafly refers to.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
^^^^
homer-simpson.gif

i was just looking at koondense's 2020 grow of ace's killer
a5 haze, and they really do look similar, the leaf to bud ratio on those big booty buds, and those fat fucking foxtails...

nevil really hit a homerun with those haze/ nl crosses and beyond

kro-magnon

Veteran
^^^^
homer-simpson.gif

i was just looking at koondense's 2020 grow of ace's killer
a5 haze, and they really do look similar, the leaf to bud ratio on those big booty buds, and those fat fucking foxtails...

nevil really hit a homerun with those haze/ nl crosses and beyond
Something like that:smoky:Man my computer do very weird stuff, your post showed only the pics and when I answer the text appeared. A joint of Sowahh and technology don"t mix very well.
Neville definitely made some of the most influential cannabis crosses who are still relevant today.
By the way why do tou avoid myrcene?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Thanks for the explanation, so the strains used to make haschich in Afghanistan or Liban have more myrcene in their resin than a Thai strain by example?
I cannot say for sure. I do know myrcene is generally associated with the fuel type smells you get from OGs and chems and too much of it generally knocks people on their butt.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
way why do tou avoid myrcene?
it seems (in certain strains, at least, so it's probably a tandem effect) to be responsible for the strange chest feeling that i hate. it does not make me sleepy (at first) as the conventional wisdom would say; the chest feeling actually tends to make me feel more paranoid and anxious.

i wouldn't attribute it to myrcene, except that it is religiously consistent.

modern hybrids with more myrcene than anything else, not sure why. it took me a few years of looking at terp layouts to narrow it down. even a different pheno of the same strain

strangely, sativas (the very few the dispensaries ever had, impossible to find sativas nowadays) with hella myrcene don't seem to do it. (and i don't buy the claim that myrcene is what makes ppl sleepy, considering MANY sativas have A LOT of myrcene, and some relaxing indicas don't have a ton of it.)

i'm willing to be wrong, but it just has to be the myrcene.

another thing i hate (incidentally) is its smell. it does NOT smell fruity as the claim goes (i bought a bottle of pure beta - myrcene, in addition to a few others)... but smells more like a solvent, or rubbery or plastic-y... not sure i can describe it, but i hate it. kinda like a balloon, iirc.

the chemdogs RARELY have myrcene as the highest terp, sometimes limonene is up there (not worried about that)... but they are pretty derned consistent with caryophyllene as the highest or second highest. and humulene is often well represented, which i also love.

sour diesel, not so much love any more. linalo-ol (decent amount of love) is higher in sour d than in the chems, ime, and they have a buncha caryophyllene very often, but sometimes myrcene is way up there.

i also find the sour diesels to not have a very long lasting high (tom hill says so as well, so i know i'm not crazy... well, maybe lol but not about that), and often they are sleepy time stoned buds. idk why the dispensaries try and lie and say sour diesel is a sativa.

if a dispensary says water is wet, i'm gonna find a sink to check.

anyhoo, yeah... chems are the best common modern commercial hybrids (that i've tried), i.-m.-exceedingly-h.-o.

k, lol long winded caffeine induced rant #4,878? done!

Last edited:

iStruggle

Improve your Canna history and reading and understanding

Diesel came from Chemdog and neither have anything to do with Jack here or Jack flash

Would you recommend some good diesel fems please?

Im looking for something reminiscent of the 90’s skunk we had around here and i think what you were describing is gonna be the closest i get to it these days

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would you recommend some good diesel fems please?

Im looking for something reminiscent of the 90’s skunk we had around here and i think what you were describing is gonna be the closest i get to it these days
My Original Diesel S1 Feminized are what you want and I suggest.
Original Diesel clone reminds me of the first Skunk I ever smoked in 94 and the loudest Diesel from all well known clones I've grown or smoked.
Not cheap as they don't give alot of viable seeds so need to charge more , but I guarantee a winner or 3 from 1 pack of seeds.
Take pics as proof and if grown well and you assure me it's not the wall pentrating, tiny little bag in your pocket stink up the whole block shit il send you another pack.
Email me for info