What's new

90s (Super) Skunk

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Right on thanks for posting that. So in '86 both the Seed Bank & SSSC had the Sk1 x Afghani 1 cross. Neither mention of Super Skunk at that point. Sensi didn't open a shop until 90 or 91 but they were a Seed Bank in 86. I wouldn't doubt that they all shared/sold their genetics together.

The MSS was popped from an '86 pack of Sensi
these are all seeds from Sam, which were sold through various channels.
Those genetics are highly worked lines in meaning of genetics and breeding far away from any landraces....there were also older seed bank in amsterdam that sold original landraces seeds but they were garbage.

Fact is that Sams skunk and other strains he brought were so superior to weed of those days that people think or maybe it is. GMO weed for their potency,yild....

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
"The leaves smell like catpiss/ammonia"

OP doesn't know what Skunk is if he thinks Catpiss and ammonia smell anything similar. If your plant smells like windex, that's butanol and you've succeeded in exposing yourself as another skunk fraud and clown grower. If your plant smells like ammonia it's in the depths of an anaerobic compost heap with low carbon because there is no other reason ammonia smell would come from a living plant. If it smells like Catpiss those are catty thiols, that smell like Catpiss, nothing like ammonia.

Real Roadkill leaves a 1/4 mile trail behind a 1/4 oz sack driving down the road with the windows up. Not related to Skunk at all. One smells like a dead body. The other smells like a skunk.

When I say "real" Roadkill I mean the real grower. Strain names don't make the smoke. Sorry kids. Not many are qualified to grow medicinal grade Marijuana after years of bad info from spooks. Only in the NPC mersh placebo clown world do words mean jack shit.

Marijuana was bred to jack shit because Marijuana was a pharmacologically active plant that cured numerous ailments. The pharma goons have been eradicating Medical Marijuana and spreading bad grow information for a while.

The people who spew the "bred out for smell/flavor" nonsense need to realize they've been lied to by California scumbag pharma spooks.
All strains you havr been smoking through your life were those pharma strains...from Skunk to NL....all these were made by scientists for pharma or army purpose.

Munson

Veteran
Right on thanks for posting that. So in '86 both the Seed Bank & SSSC had the Sk1 x Afghani 1 cross. Neither mention of Super Skunk at that point. Sensi didn't open a shop until 90 or 91 but they were a Seed Bank in 86. I wouldn't doubt that they all shared/sold their genetics together.

The MSS was popped from an '86 pack of Sensi Seeds, so it "came from Sensi."
Mass Super skunk is not from 1986. It came after 1991, after Chemdog popped chem91. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in 1996. The VA super skunk made its round in that little circle and after that was lost, people bought Sensi’s super skunk to try to find it again but to no avail. The VA super skunk was not a pure Super Skunk. I think the whole “86 super skunk” term came from Adam Dunn. Mass Super Skunk name came from Chemdog and he wasn’t on the scene until 1991

BerryManilow

these are all seeds from Sam, which were sold through various channels.
Those genetics are highly worked lines in meaning of genetics and breeding far away from any landraces....there were also older seed bank in amsterdam that sold original landraces seeds but they were garbage.

Fact is that Sams skunk and other strains he brought were so superior to weed of those days that people think or maybe it is. GMO weed for their potency,yild....
Agreed and that's the point I was making. The basis of Super Skunk came from Sam & Jim - Sacred Seeds / SSSC -> Sensi & Nevil.

BerryManilow

Mass Super skunk is not from 1986. It came after 1991, after Chemdog popped chem91. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in 1996. The VA super skunk made its round in that little circle and after that was lost, people bought Sensi’s super skunk to try to find it again but to no avail. The VA super skunk was not a pure Super Skunk. I think the whole “86 super skunk” term came from Adam Dunn. Mass Super Skunk name came from Chemdog and he wasn’t on the scene until 1991

Yeah I've only seen '86 mentioned on the forums so I thought that the consensus was he popped it after '86 but it came from an '86 Sensi Seed pack. SkunkVa says they are both the same 🤷‍♂️ Shit gets confusing trying to decipher a bunch of stoner's stories, especially 30+ years later. 🤣

I just want to know where this Super Skunk came from, but it seems like it all is derived from a similar genetic line.
Screenshot_20240622_231826_Chrome.jpg

NEED 4 SEED

I emailed a dutch seedbank a couple months ago and asked them for their skunkiest smelling strain and they responded wht would you want that,in Holland none of our skunks smell like a skunk. They couldn't believe someone would want weed that smells offensive like a skunk
Which seedbank?

Munson

Veteran
Yeah I've only seen '86 mentioned on the forums so I thought that the consensus was he popped it after '86 but it came from an '86 Sensi Seed pack. SkunkVa says they are both the same 🤷‍♂️ Shit gets confusing trying to decipher a bunch of stoner's stories, especially 30+ years later. 🤣

I just want to know where this Super Skunk came from, but it seems like it all is derived from a similar genetic line. View attachment 19021797
All respect to SkunkVA but they are not the same. One is tall and lanky like sour, the other is more squat. At one point Chemdog did have the VA super skunk, that he acquired from Gabby so maybe that’s why SkunkVa assumes it’s the same.

Piff_cat

Appreciate your insight. I didn't write that article. I posted a link but it's not working on that post anymore.

Sensi Seeds was founded in 1985 and they released Super Skunk in it's final form in 1990.

"Experimental Afghan-Skunk hybrids are featured in the very first Seed Bank catalogues and the breeding project aimed at finding the perfect Afghani genotype to match Skunk #1 goes back further still."

Nevil created Super Skunk but Sensi carried it on.

"Neville is no longer on the scene, and SSSC was taken over by Ben Dronkers, and Sensi Seeds was formed, using Neville's genetics."

I don't know where this Super Skunk came from but it looks like the photos of the Mass Super Skunk.
Nevil created super skunk using a special pheno of Jim Ortega's maple leaf unselected afghan landrace. AfghanT was the archetype of skunk according to nev and he crossed it to skunk18.5 a line bred skunk1 line he worked from Sam. AfghanT is also used as female in afghan haze.using haze C male

BerryManilow

Nevil created super skunk using a special pheno of Jim Ortega's maple leaf unselected afghan landrace. AfghanT was the archetype of skunk according to nev and he crossed it to skunk18.5 a line bred skunk1 line he worked from Sam. AfghanT is also used as female in afghan haze.using haze C male

Seems like there's 2 different Super Skunk lines from back then. Nevil's (Maple Leaf Indica/Afghan Tx Skunk 1) and Sensi's (Skunk 1 x Afghani).

I talked to the source of this Super Skunk and got some more info. They've had this line for well over 20 years. It's lineage is Afghani x Sk1 so it's Nevil's version and not Sensi's.

They said:

"There isn't a carbon filter strong enough to contain the smell."

It's supposed to be really skunky. I'll find out for sure once it's done flowering.

This is their photo of it flowering.
20240624_170934.jpg

Piff_cat

Seems like there's 2 different Super Skunk lines from back then. Nevil's (Maple Leaf Indica/Afghan Tx Skunk 1) and Sensi's (Skunk 1 x Afghani).

I talked to the source of this Super Skunk and got some more info. They've had this line for well over 20 years. It's lineage is Afghani x Sk1 so it's Nevil's version and not Sensi's.

They said:

"There isn't a carbon filter strong enough to contain the smell."

It's supposed to be really skunky. I'll find out for sure once it's done flowering.

This is their photo of it flowering. View attachment 19023636
Here's the primary source straight from nev.

Screenshot_20240626-203538.png

Sensi bought/absorbed nevils castle and entire stock in 89 when nev needed the $ to make bail in aus and escape back to Holland.

But after the sale he was still responsible for all sensi breeding until at least 94 when he and Ben fell out nev took copies of all clones and left.

So sensis super skunk is just a further fgen/bx of the original AfghanT x skunk18.5 f1 superskunk

it's unknown when the actual AfghanT female was lost but since nev/shanti Mr nice used T to make the f1 afghan haze it must have survived until at least 98.

Sensi pedigree listing is just a more vague description of nevs original. Nev insisted on notating 1 to 1 matings so he could easily trace back the parents who best combined or passed desirable traits to progeny.

Piff_cat

here is some really cool info on afgT maple leaf
Screenshot_26-6-2024_221113_mrnice.nl.jpeg

1719454367706.jpeg

1719454402681.jpeg
1719454436889.jpeg

1719454461215.jpeg

heres the cool part- i found the female maple leaf records from the hillig study nev mentions here. karl hillig did a study in early 90s which stands to this day most comprhensive landrace reference. all together 157 different landraces meticulously source verified. nev donated both the maple leaf and the mazar he got when smuggled into pakistan.
the study scored stem rub - maple leaf was the only line to earn the "acrid" score. the rest options were vegetative, spicy, sweet citrus, and camphor.(the mazar and a pakistan line were the only to earn camphor)
so this lends some major credence to nevs assertion that maple leaf held skunk traits not found elsewhere

View attachment 19023688

View attachment 19023689
1719454913133.jpeg

View attachment af10-1.jpg View attachment af10-2.jpg View attachment af10-4.jpg View attachment af10.jpg

BerryManilow

Here's the primary source straight from nev.

View attachment 19023665
Sensi bought/absorbed nevils castle and entire stock in 89 when nev needed the $ to make bail in aus and escape back to Holland.

But after the sale he was still responsible for all sensi breeding until at least 94 when he and Ben fell out nev took copies of all clones and left.

So sensis super skunk is just a further fgen/bx of the original AfghanT x skunk18.5 f1 superskunk

it's unknown when the actual AfghanT female was lost but since nev/shanti Mr nice used T to make the f1 afghan haze it must have survived until at least 98.

Sensi pedigree listing is just a more vague description of nevs original. Nev insisted on notating 1 to 1 matings so he could easily trace back the parents who best combined or passed desirable traits to progeny.
I read those posts from Nevil and believe that the skunk characteristics are more from Afghan than Sk1. Also the reason why nobody's found it in Sk1 while hunting for it.

Thanks for sharing that part about Sensi's SS being further progeny of Nevil's SS. That was the confusing part of this to me, but it's due to Sensi's vague description.