What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

Arab American support for Biden, Democrats plummets over Israel, poll shows​

By Andrea Shalal
October 31, 2023 8:21 AM PDT Updated a day ago

WASHINGTON, Oct 31 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's support among Arab Americans, who are crucial voters in battleground election states, has plunged from a comfortable majority in 2020 to just 17%, a new poll shows, amid growing anger over the Democratic president's support for Israel's attacks on Gaza.

Arab American support for Biden, at 59% in 2020, fell even before the outbreak of violence in the Middle East to 35%, the poll commissioned by the Arab American Institute showed, but has halved since.

The poll, released Tuesday, marks the first time since its inception in 1997 that a majority of Arab Americans did not identify as Democrats - 32% now identify as Republicans and 31% as independents. Forty percent of those polled said they would vote for former President Donald Trump, the likely Republican candidate in 2024, up 5 percentage points from 2020.

THE TAKE​

The poll is the latest evidence that Biden's campaign for a second term in office is rapidly losing Muslim and Arab Americans support over his staunch support of Israel. These voters have traditionally voted for Democratic candidates and are prominent in hotly contested states like Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, that could decide the 2024 presidential election.

KEY FINDINGS​

A quarter of Arab Americans said they were unsure whom they would support in 2024; 13.7% said they would back Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and 3.8% are backing Cornel West.

Only 20% of Arab Americans would rate Biden's job performance as "good," the poll showed, with 66% reporting a negative view of the president overall.

Sixty-eight percent of Arab Americans believed the United States should not send weapons and military equipment to Israel and believed the U.S. should use its influence with Israel to call for a ceasefire, it said.

Majorities are concerned about rising antisemitism (67%) and anti-Arab bigotry (78%), and 59% report experiencing discrimination, a jump of 6% since the last poll in April.

The poll showed that 45% of Arab Americans were concerned about their personal safety due to the recent violence in Israel and Palestine.

CONTEXT: Many Arab and Muslim Americans say they feel betrayed by Biden's financial, political and military support for Israel's attacks on the Gaza Strip after an Oct. 7 attack by Hamas militants that Israeli officials say killed 1,400 people and took 239 hostages.

Medical authorities in Gaza on Tuesday said 8,525 people, including 3,542 children, had been killed in Israel's three-week-old air and ground onslaught.

The poll was conducted by John Zogby Strategies of 500 Arab Americans with some answering online only. The poll has a margin of error of 4.9 percentage points.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

National Archives Sued, Reveals Existence Of 82,000 Pages Of Joe Biden Emails Using Pseudonym​

by Tyler Durden
Tuesday, Oct 31, 2023 - 03:55 AM
Thanks to Hunter Biden's laptop, we learned in 2021 that while serving as vice president, Joe Biden used several private email accounts from which he would sometimes forward or receive government correspondence.

Now we know that three of them in particular, pseudonyms [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected], sent or received 82,000 pages worth of emails, according to the National Archives - far more than the 33,000 emails former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton illegally deleted from her private server.
The reason we know this is because the Archives refused to provide the information, and was sued via the Freedom of Information Act by the conservative nonprofit organization Southeastern Legal Foundation.
The emails themselves, which span an eight-year period, will purportedly take a considerable amount of time to produce due to the "scope" - and as such, "the volume of potentially responsive records is necessarily large."
"NARA has completed a search for potentially responsive documents and is currently processing those documents for the purpose of producing non-exempt portions of any responsive records on a monthly rolling basis," reads a Monday filing in the lawsuit.
That said, according to the filing, NARA and the plaintiffs are searching for ways to narrow the request for records in order to get copies of the emails out in a more timely manner (like, before the 2024 election?).
Government officials use of private email for official business is discouraged under the law, and officials like Biden are required to preserve all government-related emails conducted on their private accounts under the Federal Records Act. The fact that NARA has such a large collection suggests Biden gave those emails to the nation’s history-preserving agency.
The total revealed by the Archives, however, is stunning in size
, even dwarfing the total from the most infamous private email scandal in American history involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, which also involved government business on Obama’s watch. -Just the News
There is no indication thus far from the National Archives that any of Biden's emails contain classified information, however he is under investigation by Special Counsel Robert Hur related to the removal an improper storage of classified documents from his days as VP.
The stunning admission also comes as Republicans are seeking records related to the Biden family dealings in Ukraine and other countries, raising the specter of possibility that some, or many, of the 82,000 emails will bolster various Congressional corruption investigations.
Republicans have asked NARA for an un-redacted document that indicates that then-Vice President Biden took a call with the president of Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, on May 27, 2016.
Republicans say the document was emailed to 'Robert L. Peters' with Hunter Biden copied.
At the time, top Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin was investigating oil company Burisma Holdings for corruption - the same company that Hunter was a sitting board member of.
Their demands come after Hunter Biden's ex-business partner Archer testified before the House Oversight Committee earlier this month that Joe Biden's 'brand' protected Burisma because 'people would be intimidated to mess with them.' -Daily Mail
Could these emails contain the smoking gun?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depositions. Where the GOP can pick and choose what quotes they want to release out of context.

I'll be sure to believe everything that comes out now!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
But who else?
i'm going to write in Ken Buck in the Republican primary. the man had the balls to tell the truth BEFORE he left office, and realizes how badly lost the GOP has gotten. i'd vote for Kamala if it is her vs Chumply or DeSantis, Hawley or any other of that ilk....

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Kamala were to go through another primary I'm guessing she'd lose. Again. She is not a popular woman. And her policies as the AG of CA were not something to be proud of. Remember she dropped out of the 2020 race before her home state because she was doing so poorly.

JB Pritzker seems to be doing well in Illinois. But with Chicago giving a blue lock on the state, it makes his job a bit easier. And I HATE the way they have the dispensary system set up. It's ridiculously expensive so the 12 growers in the state can make a ridiculous amount of money to contribute to PACs. But that's certainly not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just bitching because I hate having to drive 4 hours to Michigan to get decent pricing.

Andy Beshar is interesting because he's a Democrat running the red state of Kentucky. And from what I can tell he does a decent job there for the folks given the roadblocks the GOP has thrown up as of late.

As much as I like Stacey Abrams she's not ready for the big chair.

I can't think of anybody else who I'd like to see enter the race, except maybe Katie Porter. But again, I don't think she's ready for the big chair. Yet.;)

buzzmobile

Veteran

for them/they that didn't read the letter posted earlier.

For those who don't know Tom Fitton:

greyfader

1698970422573.png

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forty fucking grand?

What the fuck happened at Capitol Hill?

Jesus wept.
I thought it was 20,000,000 15,000,000 10,000,000 2,000,000 200,000 dollars Joe had taken from China?

When are you going to realize you're being played, Trich?

Oh, who am I kidding? Everybody knows you're being paid to spread this bullshit around. Clown shoe.

I once shook Barack Obama's hand. CORRUPTION!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts