What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
By definition the candidate with more votes is better. Candidate quality is a win loss metric for elections, not a measure of their ability to govern.

I believe that the candidate's ability to govern should dictate votes.

What happens when a self centered asshole is going to win by numbers because voters listened to a version of disjointed "logic" and decide that winning is all that matters?

Who pays when the people find out they get someone who doesn't even understand the Constitution but needs to be a complete asshole of a dictator and actively advocates for the destruction of the Constitution?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you don’t think Biden is possibly the worst candidate ever, how do you explain trump beating him?

Because polls this far out from an election are used for 3 things - fundraising, minorly adjusting party platform, and scaring their constituents.

For context in 2015, the sure lock for the GOP nomination was Ben Carson. In 2019 on this same date, Trump was beating Biden by 8 points. Remember the Red Wave that was going to crush the Dems in the midterms?

Polls a year out are fucking worthless.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hiddenjems

Because polls this far out from an election are used for 3 things - fundraising, minorly adjusting party platform, and scaring their constituents.

For context in 2015, the sure lock for the GOP nomination was Ben Carson. In 2019 on this same date, Trump was beating Biden by 8 points. Remember the Red Wave that was going to crush the Dems in the midterms?

Polls a year out are fucking worthless.
They’re really worthless when one candidate is 900 years old and may not make it another year.

Hiddenjems

I believe that the candidate's ability to govern should dictate votes.

What happens when a self centered asshole is going to win by numbers because voters listened to a version of disjointed "logic" and decide that winning is all that matters?

Who pays when the people find out they get someone who doesn't even understand the Constitution but needs to be a complete asshole of a dictator and actively advocates for the destruction of the Constitution?
So the winner is always the best guy for the job? What about 2016-2020?

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They’re really worthless when one candidate is 900 years old and may not make it another year.
I find it curious you always seem to bag on Biden for being old, which he is. But never mention that Trump is a mere 3 years younger. And that his dear daddy died with dementia.

Very curious indeed.

Hiddenjems

I find it curious you always seem to bag on Biden for being old, which he is. But never mention that Trump is a mere 3 years younger. And that his dear daddy died with dementia.

Very curious indeed.
There are a million reasons not to vote for trump, mental decline isn’t one of them. Age affects many differently, but once decline starts it never comes back.