What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters

armedoldhippy

Veteran
to me it's about trying to steer the country in at least the right general direction.
:good:
Stop voting out of "fear of THAT guy" (who ever "THAT guy" might be).
would be an easier pill to take if there was not a wanna-be dictator on the ballot. i'll consider that as an option when the stakes are not quite so high for us all.
trickle down feels like someone pissing down my neck!
that's not your imagination... :eek:

moose eater

:good:

would be an easier pill to take if there was not a wanna-be dictator on the ballot. i'll consider that as an option when the stakes are not quite so high for us all.

that's not your imagination... :eek:
I figure that we survived the first term he had, we're capable of surviving another.

And most dictators meet horrid deaths. "Everyone is touchable". So, if that's the way it turns toward, then there'll be an end to it shortly thereafter. Social physics. "For every action, there's a greater or equal reaction...."

It's a matter of principle; I don't vote for liars, cheats, warmongers, or corporatists.

Edit: No matter who wins from the 2 primary political parties, someone, likely bunches of someones, are going to suffer. That's QUITE clear and very real.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I figure that we survived the first term he had, we're capable of surviving another.
the damage he will be in position to do is incalculable, and it's irresponsible to just be witness to instead of trying to prevent such an assault on our democracy, such as it is..
And most dictators meet horrid deaths. "Everyone is touchable".
look at what they did to the world before karma/justice found them. i would dodge that if at all possible. "power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely." he has told us what he wants to do/be. it is the only thing he has said that i believe to be true.
it's a matter of principle; I don't vote for liars, cheats, warmongers, or corporatists.
those are worthy goals and i agree with you .

moose eater

the damage he will be in position to do is incalculable, and it's irresponsible to just be witness to instead of trying to prevent such an assault on our democracy, such as it is..

look at what they did to the world before karma/justice found them. i would dodge that if at all possible. "power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely." he has told us what he wants to do/be. it is the only thing he has said that i believe to be true.

those are worthy goals and i agree with you .
A lot of life can be like a flu shot. Sometimes we wait too long, and it's less effective, but still hurts the same. Either way, there's little pleasant about that sting when the piercing of the skin happens.

Just part of life's ride. Utopia is only there if we seek it and can maintain it, if even then. And we won't find it in these scumbags. That's guaranteed.

Last edited:

moose eater

With Biden's and Harris' approach to the genocide in the Middle East, we might be looking into the eye of WWIII right now.

"It's the end of the world as we know it.... and I feel fine..."

shiva82

A lot of life can be like a flu shot. Sometimes we wait too long, and it's less effective, but still hurts the same. Either way, there's little pleasant about that sting when the piercing of the skin happens.

Just part of life's ride. Utopia is only there if we seek it and can maintain it, if even then. And we won't find it in these scumbags. That's guaranteed.
life is like a box of flu shots . utopia

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but what is your practical solution, brother? there are only two. one is to vote and try to steer and the other is physical combat.

i understand that you voting for jill stein is an attempt to make a statement that might, just might, have an impact on the steering. but, is it a practical option, as far as predictable results are concerned?
What statement does voting for Jill Stein make? That you are 100% OK with a second Trump Presidency? That you like the fact that if she were to somehow win the White House, she has no party to move her platform forward and will be stymied at every try by both Democrats and Republicans? At least Libertarians have a couple of people in the House, or they used to. What does the Green Party have? Hopes, dreams, and purity tests no one in this day and age could ever hope to pass.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
papaver somniferum for personal comsumption only is an attractive alternative to the pharmaceutical offerings and probably much less dangerous.

in the good old days in frisco we would occasionally get a little opiated hash from afghanistan. late 60's. it was probable about 30% opium. the blue haze and the sweet dreams! i will never forget that aroma!
I ate a gram of that hash every morning for about a year that my 'family' was importing it to North America.

1728734374956.jpeg

Cannavore

Veteran
Dems releasing the first ever attack ads against greens lol boy that internal data must be damning. Michigan's gonna be fun to watch.

moose eater

A vote for Stein (which MANY are intending to vend this election, causing concerns in at least a few battleground states) makes a statement that being complicit with a serial mass murderer, or arming one, shouldn't get a person a seat in the White House.

That selling your representation to the highest bidder at the DoD contractor's luncheon or on Wall St., or at the corrupted national political org's committee meetings, rather than supporting your constituency, is reprehensible and corrupt.

That perpetual war for profit and more access to resources and strategic turf in the faux name of peace, in others' countries, is not OK.

That action on climate change shouldn't be merely a plank to be discussed around the punch bowl at expensive get-togethers.
That economic realities ought to offer something for everyone, not mere rhetoric.

That consistency in actions and words matters for anyone with character and integrity... or ought to..

That the Country is now horribly ill with capitulation to the current morally and ethically corrupted status quo, which is fed daily, by the minute, by both sides of the bought-and-paid-for aisle in DC.

That there is no one above paying their dues for their crimes against humanity.

That -anyone's- actions have consequences.

That ALL people are created equal, including Palestinians.

Other than that, not much.

Edit: And that permitting a foreign criminal government to make policy decisions for the US simply due to the amount of money they can dump into an election when someone doesn't support their war crimes, is criminal and disgusting unto itself, in this 'Land of the Brie, Home of the (wage) Slave.'

Re-Edit: That violating or planning to violate US and international laws and treaties is a resume' for a prison cell, not leadership of a major Super-Power.

Last edited:

moose eater

You're getting republicans either way voting for Trump or not.

Kamala is black HRC
For some, the team jerseys blind them to the reality of where 'their' party has slipped to or slid to, or willfully traveled to.

Even in re. to immigration law, it's reminiscent the old drug law competitions we used to see during campaign season, when the 2 parties would compete to see who could pass the more heinous, brain-dead, ineffective, but horribly damaging drug laws.

I remember those good ol' partisan days all too well.

Latest posts

Latest posts