What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

RobFromTX

Thats what too much biker wax does to you

armedoldhater forgets hes the only registered republican on the forums 😂

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
At least he won't be convicted.

Trump’s a bad luck charm.

I still vote for Republicans but I think AOH isn't registered Republican.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At least he won't be convicted.

Trump’s a bad luck charm.

I still vote for Republicans but I think AOH isn't registered Republican.
nope, still registered (since 1975) as Republican. seriously considering changing that to Independent. got a few (VERY few) GOP folks here locally in east TN that don't grab at Chumps coattails. there are 4 or 5 GOP govs/senators etc nationally i could vote for as POTUS. NONE of them have run in the last 3 cycles though. so, i hold my nose and vote for demonstrably the lesser of the evils.

xtsho

If you watched it, (don't know if you did), it was a breakdown of a Fox broadcast by The Young Turks.

I skimmed through it. But I don't need anyone to convince me what a filthy diaper FOX news is. Two of the worst is that skank bartiromo and hannity. They just lie lie lie. I don't care for MSNBC either but at least they usually have actual facts to back up what they're saying.

moose eater

I skimmed through it. But I don't need anyone to convince me what a filthy diaper FOX news is. Two of the worst is that skank bartiromo and hannity. They just lie lie lie. I don't care for MSNBC either but at least they usually have actual facts to back up what they're saying.
It's often the angle of view applied to facts, and includes those that are omitted, as much as the twists that are inserted.

The Gaza coverage is a stellar example of that.

greyfader

at the Minnesota state fair someone opened a booth with a sign that read; neverwalz.com.

but they didn't register the domain. when you go to neverwalz.com this is what you get;

"Trump is a convicted felon. Let's vote for adults. Try being joyful instead of an asshole."

try it, you'll like it!

moose eater

at the Minnesota state fair someone opened a booth with a sign that read; neverwalz.com.

but they didn't register the domain. when you go to neverwalz.com this is what you get;

"Trump is a convicted felon. Let's vote for adults. Try being joyful instead of an asshole."

try it, you'll like it!
Joy is often somewhat dependent upon the psychological distance one puts between themselves and the reality surrounding them. Sometimes it can be indicative of a dissociative or bipolar disorder, etc..

I find realism and accuracy gets more accomplished. Happy people are fun to be around, but when the fire in the belly ceases burning, so do many efforts toward fixing things that require repair or address.

xtsho

try it, you'll like it!

Pretty strange. The domain was registered just a few days ago on August 23rd. Has private registration so no way to identify the registrant.

It forwards to kamalaharris.com after 5 seconds.

"<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=https://kamalaharris.com/" />"

moose eater

only real nazi's feel joy!
Some of us have plenty of joy; just not when it involves the current political state of affairs or the unbridled commission of massive repetitive war crimes wherein many appear to feel far more attached to their dinner and movie plans than to be concerned with what their preferred/chosen elected leaders are engaging in. Or they get more upset that the liquor store was out of their favorite bottle of wine than the beheading of babies with US-supplied bombs, and whose families simply want their land back and an illegal occupying army that is funded and supplied by the US to leave, as the ICJ has instructed them to.

That requires a certain detachment from reality and accountability. That is a representative status and behavior of both nationalist blindness (the double-standards that travel with such maladies) and the resulting group dissociative disorder.

When I hook a huge lake trout, or even a small one, I get as giddy as any 5-year-old sitting on Santa's lap. When I see amazing music performed, I get joyful. When I spend time with my dogs, I'm often happy as can be.

When I see what passes for conscientiousness/awareness and truth here, I get nauseous and truly fucking irritable... annoyed, too.

And when pompous, adolescent-minded, adult drunkards take hip shots lacking any accuracy at all, while suggesting others engage in introspection, I wonder if they are aware of the glaring hypocrisy and lunacy in which they live and seemingly willfully maintain.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well I wrote multiple times to my representatives and even got to a protest.

I guess it is not working.

However my trip to the liquor store was quite successful.

I guess I should hang my head in shame.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm certainly not going to avoid voting for the lesser of two evils.

I would spare this country an authoritarian accepting that Congress will spend my taxes as they see fit.

We are a military country and have had our fingers in foreign affairs since before I was born.

Some people like to think that makes me a hypocrite.

That's okay.

xtsho

Well I wrote multiple times to my representatives and even got to a protest.

I guess it is not working.

However my trip to the liquor store was quite successful.

I guess I should hang my head in shame.

Why hang your head in shame?

All you can do is what you can do. As long as you treat your fellow man with decency you have nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't matter what political persuasion you hail from.

The world is filled with wrongs and life is too short to let things out of your control consume you. I see what's going on around the world and I don't like it. But I realize that I'm never going to change things that have been going on since the beginning of mankind. People are killing each other all around the world. The only thing that's changed over the course of history is the weapons being used.

So tonight I'm going to have a nice dinner, maybe a drink or two, and be thankful that I happen to have been born in the county I was. I do what I can. I donate to the food bank, made a donation for school supplies for low income families that can't afford them on their own, help my neighbors if they need help with something. It's not much but it's more than what many others do and it's at least helping others that live on this planet we all call home.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I propose not voting and bitching up a storm.
certainly a few here that advocate for that "course of action". but if someone doesn't vote, my thought is that their complaining should be ignored.
All you can do is what you can do. As long as you treat your fellow man with decency you have nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't matter what political persuasion you hail from.
:good::thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts