What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
True nothing. Every day I wake up and am glad that I live in America. If those that live in America and don't like it there is an entire world out there. Take a out a map, find someplace better, and go there. Find out if the grass is greener.

Most countries won't take the average American under consideration for citizenship.

audiohi

Veteran
3cw6ui73pokd1-jpeg.19054021

together again on the same ticket

for the memories

112475609.jpg

maga-voting-for-a-pedophile-i-will-never-understand-v0-cb1k8wpbbtkd1.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are better places to retire than the USA. No one can pick up and move to other countries. Just like in the USA, there are immigration laws. Becoming a Swiss citizen is much more involved. It can be a lengthy process.

Switzerland is rated #1
1. Apply for a Swiss long stay visa. After you apply for the long-stay visa and receive it, you are free to enter Switzerland.

2. Apply for the relevant residence permit. After you enter Switzerland, you can register at the cantonal immigration and labor market authorities in Switzerland and get your Swiss residence permit.

3. Apply for a permanent residence.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Most countries won't take the average American under consideration for citizenship.
take a look at an "average American" and you'll know why! lots of places don't want American tourists even, for ANY amount of money spent. a planeload of them disembarks, and the nations IQ drops ten damn points... :eek:

moose eater

There are better places to retire than the USA. No one can pick up and move to other countries. Just like in the USA, there are immigration laws. Becoming a Swiss citizen is much more involved. It can be a lengthy process.

Switzerland is rated #1
1. Apply for a Swiss long stay visa. After you apply for the long-stay visa and receive it, you are free to enter Switzerland.

2. Apply for the relevant residence permit. After you enter Switzerland, you can register at the cantonal immigration and labor market authorities in Switzerland and get your Swiss residence permit.

3. Apply for a permanent residence.
Thailand, Costa Rica, Panama, Spain, Belize, Mexico, and numerous others.

If you look into international/travelers healthcare, look at tax structures for those living in country 'x' (in the country of residence AND the Country of citizenship; some will collect multiple taxes on specific types of incomes), rights of property ownership as a non-citizen versus long-term rentals, cost of living, minimum financial status and other criteria for long-term or permanent visas, retirement status or other exceptions for foreigners, etc.

You can live long-term in Nepal, or at least -could-, if you licensed and ran a business; a former associate ran an import-export business out of there for years. But as an immigrant, you'll never or very rarely be permitted to be papered as Nepali. And up in the mountains you can live like a king for very low amounts, based a local quality of life.

Last edited:

xtsho

take a look at an "average American" and you'll know why! lots of places don't want American tourists even, for ANY amount of money spent. a planeload of them disembarks, and the nations IQ drops ten damn points... :eek:

I don't want them at my residence. When I go out in public and look around the majority of the people I see sicken me.

I don't blame other countries for not wanting the arrogant, self centered, typical American running around their cities. They want the money though so they allow them and then gouge them. Different pricing is common in many countries.

All of my travels outside of the country have been incognito. Not part of a tour group or anything like that. I've always ended up in some local establishment having wonderful conversations with the locals. But I avoid the tourist attractions and try to explore the local culture without expectations. The small establishment some miles away from the tourist areas have always seemed to be the best way to get to know the people. I've always been met with smiles and sometimes left with hugs.

xtsho

Imagine a Kennedy so corrupt that they support trump.

The guy is a complete fraud. He was all Mr Environmental. Now he saddles up with the guy that wants to repeal all EPA regulations and let companies pollute as they want.

Kennedy is in it for himself. He's too ignorant to realize that all trump wants is his voters and would never follow through with giving him a cabinet position.

RobFromTX

Imagine a Kennedy so corrupt that they support trump.

The guy is a complete fraud. He was all Mr Environmental. Now he saddles up with the guy that wants to repeal all EPA regulations and let companies pollute as they want.

Kennedy is in it for himself. He's too ignorant to realize that all trump wants is his voters and would never follow through with giving him a cabinet position.
I was just illustrating a point. Theres no winners in this election. Not for the voters anyway