What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

RobFromTX

1723758211905.jpeg

moose eater

There's a good discussion available online re. what Trump's promise of 'no tax on tips' actually achieves for the group of workers affected most, and it isn't much.

It's more of a smokescreen 'gimme' that amounts to little in reality in consideration of the current status for such tips.

Meanwhile he's getting ready to give more significant tax breaks to his favorite 1%'er wealthy folks. Same group of people he made the cuts permanent for last time around, when he simultaneously made tax cuts for the average workers expire gradually inside of 5 years, so it would look like it was Biden's fault.

Though most of our politicians are known to bend the truth a good distance, Trump likely holds blue ribbon medals in Olympic grade lying. Though I haven't been able to get close enough (nor do I really want to) to do a DNA test to see if he has one too many of one chromosome or another where that hypothetical Olympic competition is involved..

I mean, just in case there's a women's lying team and a men's lying team.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the biggest issues for seniors is not being able to afford medications.. The medications my Dr prescribed are 4k$ a month. This was just 1 medication. Not something most can afford. With the new $2k cap we can get the best medications that were out of reach. Biden did this for us.

Last edited:

xtsho

Pretty ridiculous giving credit to trump for a no tax on tips idea when it isn't even his and everyone knows it. It's an old idea and nothing trump or his maga team came up with. They copied it themselves from someone else.

Memes are not going to gain trump any votes either.

"Republican Rep. Ron Paul in 2007 introduced legislation in the House to exempt tips from both federal income and payroll taxes, which didn't end up going anywhere."

The idea has recently been revived in Congress after Republican Sen. Ted Cruz introduced a bill exempting tips from federal income tax. It has received bipartisan support from Nevada Democrats, Sens. Jacky Rosen and Catherine Cortez Masto.

moose eater

The sad part is that there are way too many folks with voter ID cards and drivers' licenses who will get a WHOLE LOT of their information regarding the election from memes, due to being far more cartoon-oriented than literate.

RobFromTX

The sad part is that there are way too many folks with voter ID cards and drivers' licenses who will get a WHOLE LOT of their information regarding the election from memes, due to being far more cartoon-oriented than literate.

lol they were smart enough to get a drivers license but let memes dictate how they vote?

I guess that describes the state of this country. Facebook will tell me how to vote

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the biggest issues for seniors is not being able to afford medications.. The medications my Dr prescribed are 4k$ a month. This was just 1 medication. Not something most can afford. With the new $2k cap we can get the best medications that were out of reach. Biden did this for us.

and republicans voted against it...scumbags

G.O. Joe

Veteran
more confirmation that trump is implicitly involved with project 2025.

Background in text form for the 14 people who don't spend all day watching youtube videos:

Hidden-camera video shows Project 2025 co-author discussing his secret work preparing for a second Trump term

moose eater

lol they were smart enough to get a drivers license but let memes dictate how they vote?

I guess that describes the state of this country. Facebook will tell me how to vote
I see them drive every time I go into town, and there's zero evidence that many of them ever attended any driver's education courses at all.

Driver's tests at the DMV aren't all that difficult, either. One just needs to remember a few pages in what is often, ironically, an animated booklet. And then regurgitate them a short while later.

The skillset I see demonstrated on the roads might be directly related to a similar forgetfulness by way of political amnesia, however, wherein the voters seem to forget what the person they're voting for did to or for them for the preceding 2-4 years. Just as they seem to have forgotten what they learned in driver's education. That, or they're simply stubborn, like many others who pick peculiar moments or issues to express an otherwise dormant sense of what is apparently a relatively directionless sense of rebellion or defiance.

Either way, neurotic fucks.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Background in text form for the 14 people who don't spend all day watching youtube videos:

Hidden-camera video shows Project 2025 co-author discussing his secret work preparing for a second Trump term

Most people have no idea how crazy these fuckers really are. Everything is for sale in this country.

xtsho

I see them drive every time I go into town, and there's zero evidence that many of them ever attended any driver's education courses at all.

Driver's tests at the DMV aren't all that difficult, either. One just needs to remember a few pages in what is often, ironically, an animated booklet. And then regurgitate them a short while later.

The skillset I see demonstrated on the roads might be directly related to a similar forgetfulness by way of political amnesia, however, wherein the voters seem to forget what the person they're voting for did to or for them for the preceding 2-4 years. Just as they seem to have forgotten what they learned in driver's education. That, or they're simply stubborn, like many others who pick peculiar moments or issues to express an otherwise dormant sense of what is apparently a relatively directionless sense of rebellion or defiance.

Either way, neurotic fucks.

When I got my license decades ago you had to actually pass a thorough driving test that took 20-30 minutes. Parallel parking, knowing hands signals to turn, etc... were required. Now all you have to do is drive around the block.

moose eater

When I got my license decades ago you had to actually pass a thorough driving test that took 20-30 minutes. Parallel parking, knowing hands signals to turn, etc... were required. Now all you have to do is drive around the block.
When I was briefly in high school, it was a required course, often in summer, with class and wheel time and a licensed instructor.

Then came the interaction with DMV and the final testing, both behind the wheel and at a desk.

"Never believe a turn signal."

"One car length between vehicles for every 10 mph of travel speed."

And I recall that shit, verbatim, from 50 years earlier.

Ask me about tailgaters and others who violate personal space at highway speed. Hope none of them had heart conditions. :) Or those who still seem to think a turn signal is optional, or that red lights are merely an advisory suggestion.

Indeed, the Country largely votes like it drives. Self-absorbed assholes and idiots, more often than not.

I told someone more than once recently, "I REALLY need to stop carrying a handgun to town. For my sake and the well-being of the apparently mindless/thoughtless, who seem to believe it's OK to create risks for others."

When folks here run a red light in my presence, which is more and more common anymore, I flip them off for long enough to increase the odds that everybody else AND the offender saw it, and then I make shooting gestures with the other hand's thumb and index finger.

We have devolved as an otherwise potentially conscientious society to the point that we've earned our demise, in my opinion, and if there's a sign or evidence that there's a Metaphysical Force in this Galaxy, it's the fact that we haven't self-destructed quite yet. Which is, in my opinion, no minor miracle at all.

Last edited:

xtsho

You don't have to have TDS to be absolutely disgusted by the garbage this pig says. He gives the Medal of Freedom to one of his biggest donors and says it's better than The Congressional Medal of Honor given to brave soldiers on the battlefield. Many posthumously because they came home in a body bag.

TDS is bullshit. Anyone dropping that term needs to stop and think that there is a reason people despise trump. It's not because we're deranged. It's because he's a pure scumbag. Everything he says and does is garbage. He's not fit to be President. He understands nothing. He's going to lose in November and it's not because the election was stolen. It's because America is disgusted by him, his words, and his lack of patriotism to the United States of America.

He gives an award to one of his donors and then says it's a better medal while just discounting the sacrifice recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor made for the United States of America. He puts more value on someone that's lived a privileged life than he does those that fought and died. Of course they're messed up and dead. They served on the battlefield. They weren't sipping champagne and eating caviar at some fundraising gala for the privileged few.

trump:
“Miriam, I watched (Sheldon Adelson, her late husband) sitting so proud in the White House when we gave Miriam the Presidential Medal of Freedom. That’s the highest award you can get as a civilian, it’s the equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor, but civilian version. It’s actually much better, because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor – that’s soldiers. They’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead,” Trump said.

“She gets it and she’s a healthy, beautiful woman, and they’re rated equal,” Trump said.

1723820477932.png

trump is beyond redemption. I remember when a soldier gave him the Purple Heart he was awarded in Iraq. trump looked at it and then said, "I always wanted one of these." He then would show it to other world leaders like it was something he earned. Yeah I have a Purple Heart. I got it for the bone spurs.

trump is the most despicable man to have ever occupied the White House. He's a stain on American history. He will not be remembered in a good light. trump and his maga cult have done nothing good for the United States. They have done nothing but cause harm and in November us Real Americans are going to send the entire lot of them back under the rocks they crawled out from.

TDS? I don't think so. Proud American? 100%. This country is great right now. The country is greater without trump and maga.

So on November 5th 2024 the Real Americans are going to tell trump, Your Fired!