What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

Ah, you are correct about Altman, I must have confused the article I read about him, my bad.

Nothing bad. There's so much stuff to keep up with these days especially around a Presidential election. It's information overload for those like you and I that follow so many different topics. The only reason I knew his history is because I'm into AI and related stuff so I knew all about the man that years from now will be called the Godfather of AI just like people refer to Rob Halford as the Godfather of Heavy Metal. At least those of us that are Metal fans.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing bad. There's so much stuff to keep up with these days especially around a Presidential election. It's information overload for those like you and I that follow so many different topics. The only reason I knew his history is because I'm into AI and related stuff so I knew all about the man that years from now will be called the Godfather of AI just like people refer to Rob Halford as the Godfather of Heavy Metal. At least those of us that are Metal fans.
As a self proclaimed metal fan, yeah, he kinda is the Godfather. EVERYBODY says Priest influenced them. Except the homophobes. They'll never admit that they also worship at the altar of Rob.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Metal before metal.

"Zn, Hg, Cd, Pb, Cu, Ni, As, and Cr are among the most commonly found heavy metals in soil. Other heavy metals, such as aluminum (Al), barium (Ba), cobalt (Co), manganese (Mn), selenium (Se), and silver (Ag), can also be present in soil at elevated levels and can pose environmental and health risks.

buzzmobile

Veteran
hints of metal before the metal before metal
Based on the diagram below I would have to say Cream falls somewhere between Agriculture and Rock Weathering. Clapton is not god.

Sources-of-metal-pollution.png

xtsho

As a self proclaimed metal fan, yeah, he kinda is the Godfather. EVERYBODY says Priest influenced them. Except the homophobes. They'll never admit that they also worship at the altar of Rob.

If you ask a dozen Metal fans who the Godfather is you might get a dozen different answers. Some will say Ozzy, one of the guys from Metallica says Lemmy Kilmister.

Some say Black Sabbath was the first Heavy Metal band. And that has some validity. Both Sabbath and Priest started in Birmingham with Sabbath in 1968 and Priest in 1969. But Priest didn't start out as a Metal band and didn't find any success until the late 70's when they took off and took Heavy Metal mainstream in the 1980's. And at that time other British heavy Metal band like Iron Maiden were hitting the scene and making a name for themselves.

While the title of Godfather of Heavy Metal is up for debate one thing isn't. Heavy Metal was invented in the UK.

I don't care what Halford does off stage. He soars when he's on stage. One thing you don't want to do at a Priest concert if you're in the front row is have the flash on your camera on while filming or taking pictures. You stand a good chance of losing your phone. :biggrin:

Shua1991

It doesn't matter if you know their dogwhistles, they will deny it.

Weaponized stupidity and sophistry is their mode of operation. Truth is not their goal.

Brother Nature

Ginger Baker was pretty metal, not so much as a drummer but just as a person… I think Clapton is terribly overrated, good but not as good as he and many others think he is…

greyfader

i saw blue cheer in golden gate park in october '66! the only time i've seen them but through the acid haze i vaguely remember a wall of sun amplifiers behind them all the way across. and they were loud, really loud.

blue cheer was also the name of some acid that was being marketed about the same time.

Eltitoguay

this is the complete document if anyone is interested enough to really understand what the far right wants to do to society. they want to completely restructure all of our lives, whether we like it or not.

once again i submit the definition of Fascism;

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control
I would add that it always invents a supposed great external threat as responsible for all evils; and that, unlike other right-wing ideologies, it is strongly aimed at the working electorate of the middle and lower-middle classes, to separate them from their "traditional" leftist militancy.