What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

Yup, I think that is another reason the democrats shouldn’t be celebrating Harris’ boost in funding quite yet, trump still has the backing of Silicon Valley and most of wall street.

You shouldn't listen to that fake propaganda being pushed by the trump campaign. There were some going to trump when it looked like a a sure thing that trump would win but that has all changed. Harris has support from a majority of Silicon Valley.

More than 400 Silicon Valley investors pledge support for Harris​

More than 400 venture capitalists and tech leaders have pledged their support for Harris’ presidential campaign.
Entrepreneurs Mark Cuban and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman are among the growing list of business leaders who've signed a letter published on a new “VCs for Kamala” website.

After several of its brightest stars declared support for former President Donald Trump last month, Silicon Valley has now come out in force for Vice President Kamala Harris.

xtsho

Trump took a private flight with Project 2025 leader in 2022​

Trump took the flight to speak at a Heritage Foundation conference, where he said, “They’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do."

By Isaac Arnsdorf, Josh Dawsey and Hannah Knowles
August 7, 2024 at 5:50 p.m. EDT

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has repeatedly denied knowing about the Project 2025 policy blueprint or the people behind it. “Have no idea who is in charge of it,” he wrote in a social media post in July.

But in April 2022, Trump shared a 45-minute private flight with Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts, according to people familiar with the trip, plane-tracking data and a photograph from on board the plane, which has not been previously reported. They flew together to a Heritage conference where Trump delivered a keynote address that gestured to Heritage’s forthcoming policy proposals.

“They’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do,” Trump said in the speech.

Separately, Roberts told The Washington Post in an interview in April of this year that he had previously discussed Project 2025 with Trump as part of offering briefings to all presidential candidates. “I personally have talked to President Trump about Project 2025,” he said in the interview, “because my role in the project has been to make sure that all of the candidates who have responded to our offer for a briefing on Project 2025 get one from me.”

1723124556597.png

Cannavore

Veteran
i wasn't speaking about yours or cannavore's idea of what extremism is, i was speaking about what the general public perceives as extremism. you guys are both fairly radical.

i don't think the democratic party is far left either, or even that left at all. they appear to be the left wing of the moderate right.

but trump is an extremist. the far right is extremist.
the status quo of neoliberalism that gave you donald trump is also extremist

i tend to find people who are "radical" are just ahead of the mainstream normies

greyfader

the status quo of neoliberalism that gave you donald trump is also extremist

i tend to find people who are "radical" are just ahead of the mainstream normies
i hear you on that. i was speaking about the perceptions of the general public.

i don't trust or like any politicians, big government, or authority in general. i was part of the "turn on, tune in, and drop out" movement in 1966.

i have been to prison for cannabis. and i resent the fuck out of that!

i go into "avoidance" mode whenever i see a cop to this day.

so, by any normal standards, i must appear to be somewhat radical too.

but i reject violence until all other means of resolving conflict are exhausted.

moose said that most people vote out of fear and that is probably true but some vote in the hope of avoiding bloodshed.

but, if it comes down to it, i won't shirk doing my fair share of "hunting".

moose eater

Trump took a private flight with Project 2025 leader in 2022​

Trump took the flight to speak at a Heritage Foundation conference, where he said, “They’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do."

By Isaac Arnsdorf, Josh Dawsey and Hannah Knowles
August 7, 2024 at 5:50 p.m. EDT

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has repeatedly denied knowing about the Project 2025 policy blueprint or the people behind it. “Have no idea who is in charge of it,” he wrote in a social media post in July.

But in April 2022, Trump shared a 45-minute private flight with Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts, according to people familiar with the trip, plane-tracking data and a photograph from on board the plane, which has not been previously reported. They flew together to a Heritage conference where Trump delivered a keynote address that gestured to Heritage’s forthcoming policy proposals.

“They’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do,” Trump said in the speech.

Separately, Roberts told The Washington Post in an interview in April of this year that he had previously discussed Project 2025 with Trump as part of offering briefings to all presidential candidates. “I personally have talked to President Trump about Project 2025,” he said in the interview, “because my role in the project has been to make sure that all of the candidates who have responded to our offer for a briefing on Project 2025 get one from me.”

View attachment 19045133
Grinning like buzzards circling over a dying zebra.

moose eater

Except that Zebra turned into a Lion, roared back to life, and ate them for lunch. :D
That must be the sequel. I'll stay tuned.

The fact that suddenly Trump began pretending to not know anything about Project 2025 not only punctuates the level of dishonesty that discerning eyes have become accustomed to seeing when reviewing his statements, but tells me, as stated before, that his poll readers and handlers have uttered an audible "Oops!!" from behind the curtain. Probably followed by a private lecture to the head of the Heritage Foundation about what a strategist he is NOT, and that telegraphing punches is no way to successfully fight.

When people get too full of themselves, that's when they often fuck up.

xtsho

That must be the sequel. I'll stay tuned.

The fact that suddenly Trump began pretending to not know anything about Project 2025 not only punctuates the level of dishonesty that discerning eyes have become accustomed to seeing when reviewing his statements, but tells me, as stated before, that his poll readers and handlers have uttered an audible "Oops!!" from behind the curtain. Probably followed by a private lecture to the head of the Heritage Foundation about what a strategist he is NOT, and that telegraphing punches is no way to successfully fight.

When people get too full of themselves, that's when they often fuck up.

Lets not forget that the author of the book outlining their plans recently postponed the release until after the election. I guess they don't want people to see what's in it. And for good reason.

Brother Nature

You shouldn't listen to that fake propaganda being pushed by the trump campaign. There were some going to trump when it looked like a a sure thing that trump would win but that has all changed. Harris has support from a majority of Silicon Valley.

More than 400 Silicon Valley investors pledge support for Harris​

More than 400 venture capitalists and tech leaders have pledged their support for Harris’ presidential campaign.
Entrepreneurs Mark Cuban and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman are among the growing list of business leaders who've signed a letter published on a new “VCs for Kamala” website.

After several of its brightest stars declared support for former President Donald Trump last month, Silicon Valley has now come out in force for Vice President Kamala Harris.

It’s not propaganda, while a lot of mid level execs and the like are staunch Democrat supporters, organisations like the Hoover foundation and people with real money like Peter Thiel, Sam Altman, and Larry Ellison, plus most of their Stanford compatriots have always supported the Conservative Party, he’ll oracle has direct links with project 2025. Trumps vp pick was a Bay Area venture capitalist and no doubt that was to help him gain pull with the Silicon Valley elite and the pacific stock exchange movers and shakers. While, like you, I would love to see Kamala smash trump in this election, I also don’t count my chickens and recall too well all the hype surrounding Hillary and the prevailing thought that trump would never win in 2016, but look where that lead us? Tempering expectations about this election is not buying into trumps propaganda, it’s being realistic.

xtsho

It’s not propaganda, while a lot of mid level execs and the like are staunch Democrat supporters, organisations like the Hoover foundation and people with real money like Peter Thiel, Sam Altman, and Larry Ellison, plus most of their Stanford compatriots have always supported the Conservative Party, he’ll oracle has direct links with project 2025. Trumps vp pick was a Bay Area venture capitalist and no doubt that was to help him gain pull with the Silicon Valley elite and the pacific stock exchange movers and shakers. While, like you, I would love to see Kamala smash trump in this election, I also don’t count my chickens and recall too well all the hype surrounding Hillary and the prevailing thought that trump would never win in 2016, but look where that lead us? Tempering expectations about this election is not buying into trumps propaganda, it’s being realistic.

"Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, has consistently donated to Democrat politicians for the last several years, including Kamala Harris, the now-presumptive Democrat nominee for president."

"According to data from Open Secrets, Sam Altman gave $5,600 to Kamala Harris in a series of donations made in 2019, when Harris was running to be the nominee in the Democratic primary. Altman has made donations to several other prominent candidates, including Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg."

Not that it matters but Sam Altman is Gay. He came out in High School. Those other guys are trumpers though. Overall Harris has a large majority of support from Silicon Valley.

moose eater

Indian style
Yep, the young returning the favor and helping to take care of their elders... The way it was supposed to be. Apparently, my younger son didn't get the memo.

I raised my kids mostly on moose meat and salmon for close to 30 years. Some local beef, halibut, etc., as well. He dropped a moose up on a remote river near a village last year. I've asked three times for a mere package of moose burger, and still haven't seen one. Granted, he now lives 350 miles to my south.

I crave moose meat and haven't had any in the freezers for about 3 years+ now.

"Kids these days!!"

1723164341595.png

Brother Nature

"Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, has consistently donated to Democrat politicians for the last several years, including Kamala Harris, the now-presumptive Democrat nominee for president."

"According to data from Open Secrets, Sam Altman gave $5,600 to Kamala Harris in a series of donations made in 2019, when Harris was running to be the nominee in the Democratic primary. Altman has made donations to several other prominent candidates, including Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg."

Not that it matters but Sam Altman is Gay. He came out in High School. Those other guys are trumpers though. Overall Harris has a large majority of support from Silicon Valley.
Ah, you are correct about Altman, I must have confused the article I read about him, my bad.