What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

greyfader

i've seen on here several folks that dislike Harris because as a district atty she put folks in jail. (most hate was over pot "crimes") but nobody mentions that she and her office helped defend Harborside when Melinda Haag etc tried to shut them down/steal their money etc. i'll give credit when it's due. :good:
also, as a district attorney, her main focus was on sex crimes. i'm all for prosecuting the shit out of sex offenders.

xtsho

That article references the disproportionate percentage of Blacks compared to population incarcerated in California prisons but it fails to compare them with states like Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, etc... which are all much higher.

As a prosecutor her job was to lock people up. Apparently she was good at her job.

What I find funny is that the same White people that complain about Black crime in most big cities are now complaining about someone that was tough on crime and locked Black people up. That's why when I look to the right I see pretzels.

I'm in no way justifying her record but it's odd that now that she's running for President she's attacked for doing exactly what the right wants. I mean, they are the ones that are famous for their chants of "Lock her up!"

moose eater

That article references the disproportionate percentage of Blacks compared to population incarcerated in California prisons but it fails to compare them with states like Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, etc... which are all much higher.

As a prosecutor her job was to lock people up. Apparently she was good at her job.

What I find funny is that the same White people that complain about Black crime in most big cities are now complaining about someone that was tough on crime and locked Black people up. That's why when I look to the right I see pretzels.

I'm in no way justifying her record but it's odd that now that she's running for President she's attacked for doing exactly what the right wants. I mean, they are the ones that are famous for their chants of "Lock her up!"
Kamala was a right-leaning corporatist for years for most of us that gave her record and values a review..

She prosecuted over 1,900 cannabis cases in her stint as a prosecutor, though, yes, while that was her job and California certainly gets its share of large numbers of all sorts of cases due to population size, it's also more indicative of an Orange County attitude than the supposed (disingenuous) 'progressive' mindset that Biden's and her handlers have invested so much energy in marketing the pair as.

Progressives or traditional Left, they are absolutely NOT.

greyfader

1722789590936.png

GenghisKush

Besides changing his actual skin color, he has gone back and forth about his ancestry, too.

Article from 1990
1722792608640.png

xtsho

Besides changing his actual skin color, he has gone back and forth about his ancestry, too.

Article from 1990 View attachment 19043118

Oh crap. I never knew his heritage. I sure hope I'm not somehow related the the orange goblin.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cedar's an amazing wood.

When I worked briefly in 1979 for the US Forest Circus, when we were out in muskegs working, dropping trees, etc., we had chainsaw mini-mills, and the cedar was sturdy/durable enough in the water, and plentiful enough back then, they had us rip 3-inch planks with the mini-mill of various cedars, including yellow, and literally lay them across the muskeg's more wet areas to walk across.

Like bathing in hundred-dollar bills.

Small commercial mill outfits would also set up on numerous logging roads, on Prince of Walles Island and elsewhere, and make cedar shakes on site. Not so much of that anymore.
Almost identical to my boat;

1722795194694.png

moose eater

Almost identical to my boat;

View attachment 19043163
That's a slightly longer version, but very similar to my former friend's double-ender, salmon hand-troller that was previously in Wrangell Island's harbor in the late 1970's and out at Pt. Baker on the north end of of Prince of Wales Island.

Very stable and reliable old boats, though they often do poorly against the rocks in heavy seas.

Edit: It looks as though that fellow has such a full fish hold that he's got them slathered about the deck, too.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's gotta be around 40 ft! you could put 4-5 tons of fish in/on it. what did you use it for?
I just putted around the inlet and inside passage. I had thought to fix her up to go further but alas it was over my head financially. 37 ft.

Latest posts

Latest posts