What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it a multi-tier system based on pay?
There are 4 medical systems in Mexico - private insurance (a mine field of theft just like good ole USA), public hospitals for those (workers) who pay into 'social security' insurance, public hospitals for those who cannot pay and there is no charge but family (or friends) is expected to be around to assist with care and donate blood (cancer treatment, ortho, heart surgery, dialysis, covered), straight pay as you go (my option).

The family is so strong here that someone to help out is gladly fulfilled. The hospital provides a cot/bed and meals for the helper.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
That is why I emphasized 'quality'. One must research carefully no matter where they are. My friend in the US is also having to get fixed up from bad work and implant infections done there. As far as medical work, like surgery, Mexico has some of the finest surgeons in the world. Some teach techniques to US physicians.

I had an extremely complex hip replacement done in Mexico (due to congenital bone structure) at 1/3rd the US cost for the surgery and one overnight in hospital. The difference being 20 days in a private room nicer than many hotels I've stayed in, physio therapy twice per day, meals made to my directions. The surgeon himself got me out of bed the first time and gave me his private cell number. Oh and that 1/3rd cost included my return flight. I was so impressed, I moved here.
great advice and you should always vet your dr just like you would a dr here in the states
mexico is not burdened by the huge legal/ insurance cost so it can offer the same product at a lower price for most procedures
Yah, you know it and after trump wins...no more pesky voting, he says...hooray on that!
right, like a trumpa' cabre just waiting to suck away all our rights
/he cant take away voting
lets go harris!

Last edited:

Brother Nature

They can raise all the corporate money they want but it still comes down to people casting votes. Corporate money only goes so far. It helps with paying for the campaign, media ads, rallies, payroll, etc... But in the end it comes down to the voters. If a billionaire donates a billion dollars to a candidate they still only have one vote.

I think we should have a 100% federally funded election where each candidate gets the same amount. I also think that the amount of corporate money a candidate receives does little to move the needle in a Presidential election as candidates today have so much money in their war chests another couple hundred million is just money corporations are throwing away.
Yeah, I get that, but if I'm betting $1 Billion on someone winning, then they do, I'll most definitely be expecting a return on my investment, that doesn't serve the people that serves me and my capitalistic interests. There's a reason billionaires like Musk, Thiel, Adelstein, etc... put their money behind someone like Trump and it's not they agree with his ideals, they're in the same club for the same reasons.

Cannavore

Veteran
it's not about simply pumping money into your chosen horses' campaign. then the entire media goes to bat for them while limiting the speaking engagements of the opponent, smearing them relentlessly, etc. wasn't that long ago, they just did it to bernie twice.

this is what manufacturing consent is all about. people are being coerced to support who they support.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I get that, but if I'm betting $1 Billion on someone winning, then they do, I'll most definitely be expecting a return on my investment, that doesn't serve the people that serves me and my capitalistic interests. There's a reason billionaires like Musk, Thiel, Adelstein, etc... put their money behind someone like Trump and it's not they agree with his ideals, they're in the same club for the same reasons.
Right and the money put into the election is a pittance compared to everyday Washington palm greasing.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its never mattered how many people vote. The States that affect the Electoral College the most is how they get elected. Crappiest voting system ever.

xtsho

Its never mattered how many people vote. The States that affect the Electoral College the most is how they get elected. Crappiest voting system ever.

Well it would take a Constitutional Amendment to change it to the popular vote which will never happen. Even if it somehow made it through Congress 2/3 of states would have to ratify it. That's a threshold that would never be met.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bapfe0076jfd1.png

Hiddenjems

I was being sarcastic but he did say it...
It takes way more than a megalomaniac wanting it for a coup to happen. They need open support from the military and a decent chunk of the population.

Each sides framing an election as us vs Hitler or Stalin is preaching violence.

Hiddenjems

So you'd prefer a second term of trump?

Harris is more qualified to be President than trump ever was or ever will be. She's won numerous elections. DA, Attorney General, and Senator.

What is trumps agenda other than selling America to the highest bidder and getting revenge on people? If it's a choice between Harris and trump I'll take Harris all day long before I'll vote for a hateful liar like trump that could care less about America and never a single thing for anyone unless there was something in it for him.
Is this you?

xtsho

I'm scratching my head at the nonsense coming from the right regarding parenthood making you somehow more of an American with a stake in the country. That's offensive to a large swath of the country. And the newer generations are having less and less children. Many people don't want children. That doesn't make them have any less of a stake in the country.

xtsho

Is this you?

Authentic maga. When you have nothing of substance just sling some insults. At least you're all in and not pretending. Got to give you credit for your conviction no matter how misguided. You're loyal to your man.
That's fine. One of these days the "What was I thinking" will pop into your mind regarding your support for trump. It will take some time but it should happen. Or maybe you're a complete trump fanatic. I don't know. Only time will tell. But it's happening to a lot of people. trumps not gaining any supporters he's losing them. Harris is gaining support because America is tired of trump. We don't want to see or hear him anymore. He's a bad sitcom that should have been canceled already.

Come this November the plug will be pulled and the trump show will be like reruns of bad sitcoms that are played on free streaming services that nobody watches.

Some recover from the trump virus faster than others.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hiddenjems

Authentic maga. When you have nothing of substance just sling some insults. At least you're all in and not pretending. Got to give you credit for your conviction no matter how misguided. You're loyal to your man.
That's fine. One of these days the "What was I thinking" will pop into your mind regarding your support for trump. It will take some time but it should happen. Or maybe you're a complete trump fanatic. I don't know. Only time will tell. But it's happening to a lot of people. trumps not gaining any supporters he's losing them. Harris is gaining support because America is tired of trump. We don't want to see or hear him anymore. He's a bad sitcom that should have been canceled already.

Come this November the plug will be pulled and the trump show will be like reruns of bad sitcoms that are played on free streaming services that nobody watches.

Some recover from the trump virus faster than others.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
I don’t support trump. I just think it’s funny how much people hate him, and their reactions to him are hilarious,

I believe he’s going to win. That’s not support, it’s a prediction. I will be thoroughly entertained by another trump presidency, and I’ll make more money.