What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I don't have any issue enforcing our border. I do have an issue with people giving out no bid contracts to have a wall built using taxpayer money. There's also the fact that the wall was built like crap with the cheapest materials and only lined a few peoples pockets and it's a guarantee that trump got some of it. They were climbing over it as soon as the sun went down. Slowed them down for less than a minute and did nothing.

The entire project was a joke to begin with. With todays technology you can monitor the border much more efficiently. Building that stupid wall was a giveaway to a few construction companies that if traced would have ties to trump. It was pure grift.
the public sector is rife with grift especially when it come to tax payers money
/ want to take a high speed rail train to nowhere? we got that
high tech shit is cool and yeah you can monitor them and get a warning when someone crosses? but then what
the border wall imposes a physical barrier in places that can be use to deter entry, but you are right if someone wants to get in bad enough they will find a way
there were recently a series of emergencies here at the border where people trying to climb over the wall,(i think its like 20-30ft high) fell and landed on the us side, (of course we rendered aid )
there were also a few reported drownings here in san diego recently where the wall extends out into the sea
its sad that people will go to these lengths to reach a better life and there has to be a better solution
there needs to be a disincentive to coming here illegally and punishment for those who knowingly employ illegal labor

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the public sector is rife with grift especially when it come to tax payers money
/ want to take a high speed rail train to nowhere? we got that
high tech shit is cool and yeah you can monitor them and get a warning when someone crosses? but then what
the border wall imposes a physical barrier in places that can be use to deter entry, but you are right if someone wants to get in bad enough they will find a way
there were recently a series of emergencies here at the border where people trying to climb over the wall,(i think its like 20-30ft high) fell and landed on the us side, (of course we rendered aid )
there were also a few reported drownings here in san diego recently where the wall extends out into the sea
its sad that people will go to these lengths to reach a better life and there has to be a better solution
there needs to be a disincentive to coming here illegally and punishment for those who knowingly employ illegal labor
yessss

greyfader

u have proof he profited from the wall being built?? (actually not built)- point us in the direction to see the proof...
i've never seen any info pointing to trump making money personally from the wall but when trump is involved with anything having to do with money you need to watch him like a hawk. it's simply because of his history. the history that he created himself. the history that he's now trying to rewrite.

folks protesting his conviction on 34 felony counts don't seem to want to admit that he actually committed those crimes. i guess they think that because he's running for president he should be given carte blanche on his personal crimes. the judge and prosecutor did not convict him. he was convicted by two juries composed of ordinary citizens. one a grand jury of 23 who looked at the evidence and made the decision to take him to trial. another looked at the evidence and convicted him. 35 different people from the general population.

back to the wall, when trump first proposed the idea and the maga base was queried as to what the wall should be made of and how it should be built, etc., the responses showed paranoia and fear.

the consensus was that the ideal wall should be 50 ft high, 10 feet thick, made of reinforced concrete, should go from coast to coast with no openings or gates, and be painted black. sheer paranoia!

meanwhile, all the security experts were saying that you don't want a wall at all, that you need a fence. a fence that you can see through so that you know what's happening on the other side. you notice the military using fences not walls.

i'll go along with a fence but not a wall. trump was presented with the idea of a fence but obstinately insisted upon a wall.

the wall sections that were built were a joke. you can walk up to one with a cheapass throw away harbor freight sawzall and cut a hole in it in a couple of minutes. and observers on the other side can't see a fucking thing while it's happening.

i have seen a video of a group of young entrepreneurs walking up to one of the wall sections and grabbing the alternating metal plates and going over it so fast they looked like monkeys climbing a tree.

the problems at the border are not any presidents fault. they are the fault of the US congress, who have not addressed the issue properly in a bipartisan fashion. they preferred to make an issue out of it for political fodder rather than passing legislation.

the entire situation could be remedied simply by denying all asylum requests at the border. only accepting asylum requests presented at us embassies abroad.

you would still have some trying to enter illegally but they would be much easier to apprehend and deport because the lower numbers would allow the cbp and ice to work more efficiently with the manpower they have.

i am against any illegal immigration, but for legal immigration. the exteme far right wants to make all immigration illegal. seal the borders and not let any more non-white folks into the country for any reason.

they are trying to trick the conservative voters, the middle of the road voters, into going along with it using lies such as "they are all criminals, murderers, rapists, and so on. it's about scaring good conservatives into supporting their fascist agenda.

52% of those trying to enter via the southern border are family units. just poor people seeking a better life.

here are the numbers of deportations by presidential term.

1721757049844.png

Hiddenjems

I'm a broke pleb? Typical maga response. Start name calling. That's why trump is destined to lose. Americans are sick of this crap.

I was mining bitcoin back in 2013. Take a look at where it's at today. You might want to rethink your ridiculous name calling comment. Like I said, I don't need your money. And I would definitely not use some escrow account recommended by a stranger on the internet. You can think anything you want but when you engage with personal insults most people with critical thinking skills know you're just acting on emotion and nothing more. Grow up.
Ok broke ass.

greyfader

its actually a saying in some places

yes, harris will turn the tide in this country and the world
im sure rus, china and iran are trembling in anticipation of the upcoming tsunami
her economy is sure to snowball! and bring wealth to all! and the borders will once again be secure

let it rain
the definition could just as easily be applied to the maga right. as a whole they seem quite gullible and weak minded. do you need to see a bunch of videos of them being questioned about their beliefs at a rally?

oh, the density!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
-snipped some good stuff

the entire situation could be remedied simply by denying all asylum requests at the border. only accepting asylum requests presented at us embassies abroad.

you would still have some trying to enter illegally but they would be much easier to apprehend and deport because the lower numbers would allow the cbp and ice to work more efficiently with the manpower they have.

i am against any illegal immigration, but for legal immigration. the exteme far right wants to make all immigration illegal. seal the borders and not let any more non-white folks into the country for any reason.

-snipped more good stuff for brevity

i agree man! im all for immigration but there is a right way and wrong way to do things
where has the "far right" said they want no immigration?

the vps wife is an indian woman*
indians for the most part the ones ive met are very smart, hard working and very polite
its the tidal wave of illegals washing over america like a flood that needs to stop
/notice how it became serious once it wasnt just a border state issue, illegals tax an already overburdened infrastructure/ public assistance in ever state
good fences make for good neighbors man

*dot not feather

xtsho

u have proof he profited from the wall being built?? (actually not built)- point us in the direction to see the proof...

Most of the companies that received contracts were GOP donors. Look it up.

The new 55 miles of barriers in Hidalgo and Starr counties likely will get built by companies with previous experience in this type of work, and these companies range from a privately held Texas firm to publicly traded Israeli contractors, according to experts. The firms have a history of giving money mostly to Republican politicians.

xtsho

No proof here chief. Its all about hearsay and conjecture :D

No it isn't. The people awarded the contracts were mostly people that have been donating to the GOP for years. You donate money you get the contract. It's a guarantee that donations were going to trump aligned PAC's. He didn't get any money directly in his bank account. I find it hard to believe that there are people that don't think there wasn't some quid pro quo going on.