What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

it's about respecting others. i'll call somebody by any name they choose. no matter what it says on their birth certificate. if shaq says "i'm a trans woman", i would say yes, ma'am. i don't want some big old tranny whooping up on my ass.
Yep.

Boundaries.

The US and some other places could learn by cultivating some.

If a person had told me how they wished to be addressed, and I'd have rudely done otherwise as a child, my mother or father would've slapped me into next week.

I guess this is what happens when the Chinese-made white 5-gallon cowboy hat blocks the vision we once possessed as mere mortal human beings, before we conned ourselves into believing that God decided we were the chosen ones and the answer to everything..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Insulting anyone's or arguing identity in ways that contradict they are not who or what they say they are, when they likely have a far greater awareness of their own identity than the presumptuous and rude commenters, is boundary challenged to the max.. Period. No matter the status or condition referenced.

If your neighbor told you his name was Fred, and you made a point and habit of addressing him as Bob, for whatever reason, each time he visited you, would you be surprised if one day he eventually popped you in your jaw, or ceased wanting anything to do with you or listening to you?

Identities are unique, and each person has a right to have the one they feel comfortable with. Too bad that some are so hung up on another's way of being, eh?
everyone has boundaries brother and some people fear what they dont understand
i think these are good guys moose but maybe trans/ gay is something out of their comfort zone

great post above btw, its just home prices here in socal are not going to get cheaper but people keep coming here hoping for that good life
there is almost no more land to build on
the developers have ni incentive to build smaller more affordable houses, the margins are in the high end shit and almost all the new communities you see being built now are lux
in the city i guess they could create more units by converting a lot of older buildings to high density housing but even those places are out of reach for most
it sucks man, and it makes me sad that the dream of owning your home home for a lot of people will remain that
only a dream
it's about respecting others. i'll call somebody by any name they choose. no matter what it says on their birth certificate. if shaq says "i'm a trans woman", i would say yes, ma'am. i don't want some big old tranny whooping up on my ass.

be sure to get me her number next time

moose eater

everyone has boundaries brother and some people fear what they dont understand
i think these are good guys moose but maybe trans/ gay is something out of their comfort zone

great post above btw, its just home prices here in socal are not going to get cheaper but people keep coming here hoping for that good life
there is almost no more land to build on
the developers have ni incentive to build smaller more affordable houses, the margins are in the high end shit and almost all the new communities you see being built now are lux
in the city i guess they could create more units by converting a lot of older buildings to high density housing but even those places are out of reach for most
it sucks man, and it makes me sad that the dream of owning your home home for a lot of people will remain that
only a dream

be sure to get me her number next time

I know it's currently a bit of a red herring to mention in discussion, but remember when Silicone Valley took a hit, big time, in real estate market values? That must've been a glorious moment for those paying outrageous property taxes and trying to merely maintain a tiny cottage of a home there.... However brief it was.

This was a part of my point in talking about there being a greater foe affecting both you and those who are homeless, and all other trying to live on a fixed working income reality without gold nuggets falling out of their asses.

Anyplace that a cottage on a postage-stamp size city corner lot is over $1,000,000 is no longer inhabitable or affordable for those who work a basic income.

And the fucks who drive this incredibly imbalanced economy have the balls to complain about black marketeering and underground economy crime. How do they think the impoverished afford to live?

I've bought uninspected and untagged milk and meat from farmers for decades, and there are those in our communities who run after-hours card games or unlicensed clubs/bars, as well as the more common and somewhat mundane, less than creative dope-dealing.

Most are peons simply trying to keep the refrigerator turned on and filled with food.

The beast will find itself eating its own tail sooner than not. And it will be all downhill from there, as the sandcastles wash away in the proverbial tide of a dying system. Predatory crony capitalism ALWAYS implodes. It has to. Just ask a Roman.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@moose eater
yeah! weve had numerous market crashes here, but real estate hold its value unlike a lot of other things
add in the lack of housing units available, especially in desirable areas of socal and there is no end to the amount "the beast " can eat
and lets not forget the foreign investors who will come in and buy up us properties for income properties or other uses
ive seen those 1m cottages
at least here in san deigo they are usually the smaller home built near the beach and are great retirement homes for those who can afford it
and im not going to derail into the cost of food now,but for a small working family it seems next to impossible to put a roof over your head,food on the table and gas in the tank
those are the people i would like to see the government help the most

/further aside, when in tx i can get meat dairy products from ranchers
i like buying from them because they will tell you how they raise the beef plus its always great cuts of meat

RobFromTX

i like buying from them because they will tell you how they raise the beef plus its always great cuts of meat

Which ranches do you buy from if you dont mind me asking? So many are being bought up by developers. Gotta enjoy it while you can buddy

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Which ranches do you buy from if you dont mind me asking? So many are being bought up by developers. Gotta enjoy it while you can buddy
next time im there i will be sure to reference their business cards man, im sorry i cant remember their names off the top of my head
there is this place called herford and you will know when you get there you are in cow country
/thats the smell of money!

thats what i hear, a lot of the smaller farmers/ ranchers are being bought out
its a tough thing tho, because unless you have a kid who wants to be a farmer rancher who are you going to pass things on to?
maybe better to just sell out and enjoy it while you can like you said
/shrugs

RobFromTX

next time im there i will be sure to reference their business cards man, im sorry i cant remember their names off the top of my head
there is this place called herford and you will know when you get there you are in cow country
/thats the smell of money!

thats what i hear, a lot of the smaller farmers/ ranchers are being bought out
its a tough thing tho, because unless you have a kid who wants to be a farmer rancher who are you going to pass things on to?
maybe better to just sell out and enjoy it while you can like you said
/shrugs
Ahh up in the panhandle. Thats where most of the major meat producers left are located. Not much to do up there but they have some kick ass BBQ joints.

Yeah being a farmer is a back breaking job and most folks dont get rich doing it, despite what they make it look like in the movies. Most millennials I grew up with aren't up to the task. But people need to start being more conscious who they sell these properties to. Selling at top dollar always invites in the worst kind of people and thats becoming a problem everywhere

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
everytime, i go back im suprised to see all the new stuff they are building
the bbq is good and i hear if you can eat a 100# steak its free!
i like smoked meat and the people are actually nice, not like they want something from you nice but just treating others how you would like to be treated

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@moose eater
yeah! weve had numerous market crashes here, but real estate hold its value unlike a lot of other things
add in the lack of housing units available, especially in desirable areas of socal and there is no end to the amount "the beast " can eat
and lets not forget the foreign investors who will come in and buy up us properties for income properties or other uses
ive seen those 1m cottages
at least here in san deigo they are usually the smaller home built near the beach and are great retirement homes for those who can afford it
and im not going to derail into the cost of food now,but for a small working family it seems next to impossible to put a roof over your head,food on the table and gas in the tank
those are the people i would like to see the government help the most

i like buying from them because they will tell you how they raise the beef plus its a

lways great cuts of meat
Love that farm raised meat. The lamb here in Mexico is great.

In 2008-10 there were MANY cheap homes in CA and throughout the US when the real estate market crashed. I could have had my choice easy with Canadian dollars in my jeans worth more than USD

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Love that farm raised meat. The lamb here in Mexico is great.

In 2008-10 there were MANY cheap homes in CA and throughout the US when the real estate market crashed. I could have had my choice easy with Canadian dollars in my jeans worth more than USD
there are still cheap homes in california, but you wont find them near the coast, or in riverside anymore for the most part
everything has tippled in value at least from back then
but as far as i concerned once i move east of the 15 im just going to keep going, why live in california and put up with the bulls hit unless i get to live near the beach
i always though new mexico was a nice place

ive enjoyed a lot of great times in mx, but mex has gone down hill hard in the past few decades
ill stick to the land of overeducated liberlz

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Someone mentioned fentanyl in California. This dudes off skid row. This shits the new nightmare

yeah, thats the look!
whole areas decimated by the drug addicted homeless and those people who prey on them
wooo-hooo fist pumps all around california!
/but its a problem in a lot of cities and its no joke

RobFromTX

yeah, thats the look!
whole areas decimated by the drug addicted homeless and those people who prey on them
wooo-hooo fist pumps all around california!
/but its a problem in a lot of cities and its no joke

Its a problem in all metro areas now. Already killed two people I know but they thought they were just getting straight heroin. Its all over the place and ive heard of dealers cutting uppers with it too. Crazy times

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive enjoyed a lot of great times in mx, but mex has gone down hill hard in the past few decades
Can you elucidate? Do you mean border towns? Mexico has actually improved in delivering services and education to her people. Farmland is available to the poor and the democracy (IMO) is over par to the US. The tourist aspect kinda sucks but supports many families. There are jobs galore and lots of construction. The cartel thing has been going since the late 70s and is bad and good. Elders are treated with great respect. Homelessness is rare.

Maybe there are so many addicts in the US due to the sadness and pain.

moose eater

In 2009 the median house value in San Diego was 285K. In Vancouver it was 554K.
Vancouver and surrounding areas, to include Vancouver Island, Victoria, Port Alberni, etc., underwent a huge housing bubble, and when it burst, there were many sitting on homes they'd bought and invested money into refurbishing them, for which to sell at that time, when the bubble burst, would've cost some I knew over $200,000 in lost investment.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
trump, when asked about project 2025 the first time said he didn't know anything about it. the second time he said there were parts of it he didn't like. in an interview in the last few days he said, "i know nothing about it." i believe him when he says "i know nothing!"
that's the ONLY thing he has said that i believe.

moose eater

that's the ONLY thing he has said that i believe.
Trump was all for Plan 2025, then his handlers noted the polls shifting and that many people in all walks and affiliations were quite concerned with it, so he commented later on that there were parts he didn't approve of.

He frequently makes statements lacking specificity (as do many stuffed shirt politicos who dance for the polls), such as naming those pieces he disapproves of... I've yet to hear him be specific in that regard... when in fact, he'd likely embrace nearly all of it.

Anyone who'd buy a used car from most of these asshats deserves the jalopy they get. Most of them haven't had an original or sincere thought since their first girlfriend asked them if they wanted a blowjob, and some of them probably couldn't even answer that honestly.