What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't have a dog in the Skunk fight, just like with Haze, it's not my thing.

But after reading the second post in the thread you linked to, I know there's no reason to continue on 😂 :

"BTW,
It is just Smoke and Mirrors, the post above is just made up shit.
It did not happen.
Skunk #1 was bred by me not some made up collective.
I was not busted, did not go back and save clones. Never served a day. Never lost a single seed or plant in the USA. All just made up lies.
NdF is full of shit."

I absolutely love blunt, direct fucking people who don't beat around the bush. (y)

Opinions are a dime a dozen. Sam's drama is not new. He has his haters like many of us do.. People will take what they need from threads of interest. I went on my skunk hunt long ago. Skunk is not of any interest to me anymore. No one will find a 1980 Skunk.

eastcoastjoe

Opinions are a dime a dozen. Sam's drama is not new. He has his haters like many of us do.. People will take what they need from threads of interest. I went on my skunk hunt long ago. Skunk is not of any interest to me anymore. No one will find a 1980 Skunk.

Maybe this can offer some hope. This fine gentleman says he has a plant that smalls like skunk farts 🤣🤣🤣

A89D0D89-D6E3-4A87-8D66-38B4127BE316.jpeg

Hiddenjems

Like I’ve said before, overall quality is up, but the top of the line isn’t as good as it’s been in the past.

To many strains bred and selected by lab results instead of actual effects. Sure it’s 30% thc but it gets me a little high for 20 minutes and goes away. Meanwhile some 22% thc bud has me baked for an hour and a half.

Not to mention the sameness of effect, and limited taste options.

The best flower around here is all bred out old school strains and clones from the early 2,000’s.

xtsho

All this talk of old genetics reminds me of other things from the era. Those that were there remember the Dukes of Hazard and the Brat Pack.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Grow a 2 pack of Big Bud it will be there 100%

cbotany

Veteran
I for one have never had access to genetics like I do today... I have almost unlimited genetics from inbred lines to landraces to true wild genetics.... I've read and skimmed this post and comments quite a bit and I disagree with 99% of whats said, some may become angry at me for saying this, but I feel like most of the information given has just been parroted from others who are also on the outside of the growers circles due to unlikable personalities.

I Care

I’m going to say this and get back to reading through the 1st page.

I wanna bring mids back, take a large field and every seed I can possibly grow a just allow open polination of an entire large field of every single seed I can get my hands on let em all ride out every year. Only replanting seeds from the favorite females, eating the rest. Field of dreams.

Otherwise like to turn back time and ask for some of the Plum showcased in the Cannabible III. Love the fluff light green, not so much the stuff that’s all just dense zero fun to break up or roll up. I hate pot that has to go in the grinder, if You can grind it it’s nit that good.

mudballs

GSC does that well, forum cut i had i took into late fall/winter, low DLI produced beautiful trich rich but open clusters. You can reduce DLI on all ur strains and see if it gives you what you want.

Uludag

Chat Moderator
Grow a 2 pack of Big Bud it will be there 100%

I think thats not the worst idea. (y) Since i only knew the sweet versions of Skunk and people always say but back in the days it smells really intense no sweet i always was thinking they had phenotypes of what they call dead animal in Afghanistan, i think they called it like that for smell.

This guys channels is really interesting btw, a lot of cool afghan strain infos and plants from his fields.

Naked_Garden421

So I'm not sure if I'm on the right thread.. I'm new to this not growing but being on the Internet speaking to other growers and stuff but I'm really worried about a seed order I'd placed...

has been sitting in customs in the UK for over a week now..

I need to know if I should start taking down my tents, finding a temp home for my moms dads and clear out my stash etc as although I'm just growing for myself(medical use and growing is therapy in itsself) I have quite a large set up one 5 x 10 a 4x 4 and 3x3 3 and high plant count (clones. Mom's dad's probably 1000s of seeds f1s f2 3s etc etc.. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bricking it and it's for this reason I've never ordered seed online or even so much as used a fourm..

the last few months I decided I'd join the community to share the knowledge I've gained to help beginner growers and smokers..
I've order maybe 10 packs of seed from different US breeders and have received all no problem.. used greenpoint to cop thier regular seed and had gotten all my orders safe and sound now this last one has been in customs for a week.. absolutely shitting myself...

Naked_Garden421

So I'm not sure if I'm on the right thread.. I'm new to this not growing but being on the Internet speaking to other growers and stuff but I'm really worried about a seed order I'd placed...

has been sitting in customs in the UK for over a week now..

I need to know if I should start taking down my tents, finding a temp home for my moms dads and clear out my stash etc as although I'm just growing for myself(medical use and growing is therapy in itsself) I have quite a large set up one 5 x 10 a 4x 4 and 3x3 3 and high plant count (clones. Mom's dad's probably 1000s of seeds f1s f2 3s etc etc.. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bricking it and it's for this reason I've never ordered seed online or even so much as used a fourm..

the last few months I decided I'd join the community to share the knowledge I've gained to help beginner growers and smokers..
I've order maybe 10 packs of seed from different US breeders and have received all no problem.. used greenpoint to cop thier regular seed and had gotten all my orders safe and sound now this last one has been in customs for a week.. absolutely shitting myself...
Heck I'm not sure how to even get onto the right thread.. if yall could help this old man out I'd really appreciate it 🙏

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heck I'm not sure how to even get onto the right thread.. if yall could help this old man out I'd really appreciate it 🙏
No this not the right thread at all , try here for any UK things

But can near guarantee nothing to worry about, Cannabis seed are 100% legal in the UK so worst case scenario is they destroy the seeds , if we talking flower or Hash not seed it's a different story, but again police don't have time to do a whole operation for 1 tiny little bag.

I've also found customs taken longer than usual this month on both ends ( maybe holiday times and less staff available)