What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

99%

After many years of storing my coffee beans in the freezer and grinding them right before I put them in my home espresso unit,
Experts have told me it is better to keep roasted hole beans in a lightproof and air-proof resealable foil bag at room temps, not the fridge and definitely not the freezer...these will keep good for a week or two and grind 4 or 5 times per week. It is best to buy small lots of good quality beans from a good roaster.

If grinding is all too hard then buy tins of Italian ground coffee for example Lavazza....I haven't drank an instant coffee for decades.

I also grind just enough for a day or two.. Kenyan beans are my favorite, full flavored and with medium caffeine levels , some Ethiopian varieties are nice too, but most have very low to medium caffeine levels, some Ethiopian varieties have delicate hints of chocolate. Just about all Central and Sth American beans I get are great too, but are often too dark and strong for my taste as I drink 2 ~4 espressos per day, but the Costa Rican beans I just finished were excellent...Pura Vida!

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Once I drank a pint of strong coffee.

Followed by a quart of water.

Then I got on the 5 North to LA.

Then I got stuck in a traffic jam.

Boy did I get a lesson in bladder control.

After many years of storing my coffee beans in the freezer and grinding them right before I put them in my home espresso unit,
Experts have told me it is better to keep roasted hole beans in a lightproof and air-proof resealable foil bag at room temps, not the fridge and definitely not the freezer...these will keep good for a week or two and grind 4 or 5 times per week. It is best to buy small lots of good quality beans from a good roaster.

If grinding is all too hard then buy tins of Italian ground coffee for example Lavazza....I haven't drank an instant coffee for decades.

I also grind just enough for a day or two.. Kenyan beans are my favorite, full flavored and with medium caffeine levels , some Ethiopian varieties are nice too, but most have very low to medium caffeine levels, some Ethiopian varieties have delicate hints of chocolate. Just about all Central and Sth American beans I get are great too, but are often too dark and strong for my taste as I drink 2 ~4 espressos per day, but the Costa Rican beans I just finished were excellent...Pura Vida!

Yup, fridge/freezer is a no-no. The beans can absorb odors from their surroundings, and the cold/hot shifts can dry the beans out too much. Cheers!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers

aaa2706_zpsdcd8opgo.jpg

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
#1 reason this morning

#1 reason this morning

Hawaian Medium roast this morning....

Might be time to spark one :party: Football, NASCAR

Buddyy

plunger

plunger

Drink it every morning.

Basics to good coffee:

-good clean filtered water
-quality whole beans not more than 3 months from roasting
-ground beans just prior to brewing

my preferred method- plunger (french press)

instant coffee is not coffee rather a coffee extract, kinda like comparing fresh OJ to cordial/fruit sirup

not a fan of the pod for a few reasons the biggest are environmental the other is the fact that when taste tested pod vs fresh ground beans in espresso the pods were inferior. Don't understand is the so called convenience of these pods either, I mean is it really that hard to ground some beans and put them in a plunger or espresso machine?

99%

Basics to good coffee:

-good clean filtered water
-quality whole beans not more than 3 months from roasting
-ground beans just prior to brewing

I agree, but not about the 3 months!....I find roasted beans begin to lose flavor after a just a week or two after being roasted, they definitely taste staler, but I don't vacuum seal the beans, I leave them in the resealable paper/plastic foil bags with an exhaust valve that they came in, these bags only contain between three~four handfuls of beans (depending on the price/variety).

[m8]

Veteran
well, i never was coffee guy, like yerba more.. i like coffee, but never was addicted, 30 min after drink im run and looking for john.. maybe its time to take one cup to be here lil more time.. :)

edit: those are divergents, tea without shugar, coffee only with it..

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts