What's new

BOG interview

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Bog was interviewed by Gooey Rabinski for Skunk mag..In this interview Bog answers questions about the linage of his strains..He mentions a Bubblegum Kush cross..I found this interesting, thought I'd share..

GR: What was the first strain you developed?

BOG: It was a pure Bubblegum called BOG Bubble.It's yummy stuff and quiet a large yielder. And, you know, a lot of people had kind of put Bubblegum behind them. Bubblegum had been a really big thing in Holland. It was like the number one commercial clone in Holland for a long time. When I did my breeding and all my work back at the start, I didn't work with other people's clones, like a lot of breeders do. I didn't have access to them. I was off on the fringes, you know? Up in my cave, in the mountains. The best I could do was get some seeds.

In the case of BOG bubble, I took clones of the first group of seeds that I got. There were two different kinds of plants in them. The results were kind of varible, like a lot of people's seeds are[laughs]. What I was calling pure Bubblegum may have been a Bubblegum/Kush cross. It's hard to really know the history of everything that's done in the breeding world. It took me awhile to figure that out. But my Bubblegum was a pretty pure Bubblegum because the clones that I had selected tasted like Bubblegum and produced good, reliable Bubblegum seeds. Whereas the other clones seemed more potent and rare. The rare one is what eventually became Sour Bubble. It was a selection out of this....probably a Kush Bubblegum cross..

Bogglegum was the second strain I created, which was Bubblegum crossed to an NL5[Northern Lights#5] in the form of a really hardy plant that came down from Canada. So that was a cross between one of Amsterdam's best strains and one that's very well known from British Columbia. Bogglegum is really easy to grow and matures pretty fast.

GR: What did you create next?

BOG: Most of the time, in my breeding, my best friends and people who later turned out to be good breeders themselves would send me thier best strains and I would end up crossing it to my Bubblegum. That's what happened with Subcool's JCB that I brought in and crossed with my Bog Bubble. That was a great combination that produced Lifesaver. Lifesaver was touted as a medical strain by a lot of people becauce it has a numbing effect..your teeth get a little numb.

GR: The Sour Bubble is really a standout strain. Tell me more about it.

BOG: We've maintained the same clone for about six and a half years now. That clone is my elite clone mom. Most breeders claim that they have a few. But this one I actually came up with myself from my own breeding and I have to say that anybody who has ever tried it loves it and that's pretty much all I'm gonna grow. I've decided that the whole evolution of the BOG strains is getting right back to the start. Sour Bubble is really the side of the BUbblegum Kush that I liked the most all along. So that's what we're doing right now and everybody's real happy with it..

Bubblegum Kush?? That's the first time I've heard that..It would explain why my mom looks so much like a Kush..She came from the 2.5 bx and looks more Kushish than some of the other SB's that I've seen...Smaller yielding but man what flavor and potency!! One day I'll get to doing my BOG Bubble, Bogglegum and Lifesaver..For now I'm super happy with my pheno of Sour Bubble...My mom's got babies on the way..Fun fun fun !!!....mitsu

order 66

how 4+ years later is kush suddenly a factor?

edit: first. and, I'm not questioning that bog's strains are kick ass but it's just odd that never been mentioned before (i got the book 2). :chin:

Last edited:

BRNEYDBVR

I suppose this is why everyone says that the Sourbubble looks so much like Bubba Kush?:confused:

Can't wait to grow out my SBbx3's, as this is as close to "kush" as Im gonna get since I don't live California!:moon:

Mmmmm. Can't wait!! :woohoo:

order 66 said:
how 4+ years later is kush suddenly a factor?

renewal of interest = seed sales in the future.

Whoever was granted permission to produce BOG seeds in the future will make a quick killing off the NEXT BIG THING (NBT weed)... which is currently "KUSH". It used to be "bubble gum", and "SOUR". Next year I am hedging my bets on "Dog Shit" it is "SHIT" x "ChemDog" :moon:

BOG stated he is going in a different direction, so he will probably stick to his guns when he said he will not be making seeds anymore. That does not mean he can hand over genetics to another party.

:joint:

wick650

So he's saying that the original Sensi Seed White Label bubblegum seeds contained bubba kush? Yeah right. He purchased his original seeds back in like 1995 or some shit. Theres no way that Bubba was around in Holland at that time... its impossible. I doubt that sensi seeds has access to bubba kush cuts even now, in 2007.

BOG must be referring to something along the lines of a Hindu Kush, not the L.A "kushes". I'll say this once again, the LA Kushes are not genetically related to the Holland kush strains in any way.

Not to confuse things further, but it is true that Sour Bubble grows similar to bubba and the buds do look a whole lot similar as well. But its impossible that bubba is genetically related to SB

Bog is so full of bat guano he could feed a field of a thousand Sour Bubbles. He received the Bubba Kush clone right before he mysteriously "found" the Sour Bubble. Found like a male jizzed on his Bubba's and he found it out of those seeds. Why he would try and hide this, unless it was really a complete Homer Simpson, I'll never understand. He could've sold a lot more beans being upfront.....unless the person who sent him the clone didn't want him breeding with it. Which, in my opinion, is like sending a platinum blonde dime peice to Hugh Heff and expecting him not to nail her and put her in the mag.

skar

wick650 said:
So he's saying that the original Sensi Seed White Label bubblegum seeds contained bubba kush? Yeah right. He purchased his original seeds back in like 1995 or some shit. Theres no way that Bubba was around in Holland at that time... its impossible. I doubt that sensi seeds has access to bubba kush cuts even now, in 2007.

from what i've read, no he doesn't sayed that the White Label Bubblegum contain any BubbaKush.
He just sayed that for him, the bubblegum he haved can surely contained some Kush genes.

But how Kush ?? We dont know...

anyway, thanks mitsu1 to share informations :joint:

Last edited:
G

It funny how BOG is working on a suppose Kush pheno or whatever. I'm not bad mouthing him in any way. I like BOG and liked his grow threads and seeds. Loved his Sourbubble BX1. Had a killer male in the bunch, but don't you think it kind of funny. Everyone is working hard on Kush seeds and i mean allot of grower and breeders. All of the sudden Poof. BOG is working on a Kush Bubblegum or whatever. BOG never left here and i'm sure he's reading my post. He also never stop making seeds also. He just stopped selling them to the general public. Do i think someone will make a killing off of some of his seeds. Yes, if he doesn't bring them back to market. Someone will. Anyway, I'm sure BOG will pop up some day and everyone will be happy. Then everyone will have access to his seeds again. One thing members got to think about. He's selling a book and live in a place where if your selling seeds. You go to jail for a very long time, so i'm guessing. He's taking a break from the public eye because of the book. My 2 cents
Take care,
BG

PS, BOG if your reading this. Congrat's on the Book and i hope your enjoying your new home. Take care

OK....so let me get this strait. BOG bought a few packs of Sensi White Label Bubblegum which is the basis for all his lines. My understanding is that Sensi took a TH Seeds B-gum and a Serious B-Gum and banged em. With Bubblegum being an IBL, wouldn't a Bubblegum Kush be a standout as an accidental f1? I'd also like BOG to come step in here and break down his finding and isolating of his "sour" bubble out of his original pack of beans. Why have none of your customers EVER said anything about ANY kush phenos in your stock?? You MUST have isolated this "special" plant very early on in your breeding.....yet you never mentioned in for YEARS. MANY YEARS. Why is that??

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
I've heard the White Label thing with the mapquest directions to the spot the plant came from and I've read in the Bog forum, Bog says his Bubblegum is akin TH Seeds. One thing is for sure, there is some kind of kush in the SB..What I have doesn't look anything like a bubblegum, strait up Kush..Much like the pic's of Bubba I've seen..Takes longer to finish than a bubblegum..Turns black,dark purple and dark red..The more bubblegum ones turn yellow and bright red and some other lite colors..Larger buds that finish quicker..I'm thinking he took at Kush clone and hit it with the Bubblegum that he got from wherever..At any rate, I really dig my SB..Just don't dig the confusion!!...mitsu

stretchpup

BOG who? :joint:

:wave:

I grow a LS cut. Never made anything numb thats for sure, good smoke, but a friend swears by it's pain relief which I don't notice too much.

Last edited:
G

thanks for posting the interview! :wave: i gotta agree with stretch, the lifesaver ive had has never been what i would call medicinal. its more like 'smoke this before the obligatory once-a-year church visit' weed. nice but not heavy at all. then again, we've been smoking the same pheno, there are probably more potent ones out there....

cannigrow

Why are some of you so quick to start hating on BOG for mentioning Kush? It's been supposed by many that SB contains bubba. If he was really trying to capitalize on the Kush crazy, which I think is a HUGE stretch for you guys to make, why not come out and say that's what was used? He's not even making beans anymore. It's not like it's a super rare cut anymore. J

Anyways, I liked the read.

I smoked my first ever sample of LS yesterday and was dissapointed. It was not numbing, and didn't taste as good as it smelled....trich coverage only moderate. His LSD however, was one of the best tasting strains. And his bogbubble was decent if you like sweet buds but I hate leafy plants.

Last edited:
G

Okay! I get so confused... Could someone please (maybe BOG himself) answer me this: If BOG where to hand me seeds of Sour Bubble, around January of this year, what would the parents of the seeds be? I will start the beans when i figure out for sure what the parenting stock is.. Thanks..
Peace, Cheers..

Cannabismavin,

B

BeAn

Well...you guys can rip on BOG all you want, i dont give a monkey's wether SB contains kush..all i know is that i cant wait to grow it again..same with our Lifsaver cut.

She leans towards the BOGbubble in terms of growth, and combines the effect of the BG with the potency and head high of the JC..maybe the Blueberry adds to the flavour, i dont know...it tastes like candy floss..? :yummy:

...most importantly...it does numb...it f***'s me up so much i cant feel anything...the other dude who waters the plants loves it too. :joint:

Nuff said, thanks for the posting interview...great read!!:D:yes:

Jah bless.:rasta:

Last edited:
G

Kush or not, Sour Bubble is, by far, the best weed out there. I often find myself searching jars to see if I have any Sour B mixed with other strains, because you get a real bite from this stuff. Truly medicinal!!!!!!

Lucid

Sour Bubble is full of bite.......what ever it may be .... but from what i remember from OG is that sour bubble was a stout bubblegum that stood out from the rest... then was backcrossed.......i never heard anything about kush.. ... its some serious heavy duty smoke nonetheless....

43days

53days

57days

Beetlepumpr

I think what he was jisting at is that Breeders never show all of their cards. Like Coke and Pepsi , you will never get the complete truth, hence no infringement.Come on you know it's done, it has to be , otherwise ppl would be rippin ya off all over the place and gaining timely knowledge.

Beetlepumpr

The Tester said:
Kush or not, Sour Bubble is, by far, the best weed out there. I often find myself searching jars to see if I have any Sour B mixed with other strains, because you get a real bite from this stuff. Truly medicinal!!!!!!

BITE ME

kennycar

I just wish I had bought some of his gear when I had the chance....... one more thing to kick myself in the ass for! lol