What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
tenor.gif

Lyfespan

Very interesting, thanks for the information about the LED lighting doing that. I just have one female so far at 46 days, so it is all green so far only, and just HPS. Very sticky too.

have also noticed this on my gals that stay in veg under LED, sometimes the feed seems to make different things happen only under LED, everything else under T-5s dont discolor, same strains too:tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
So that says that Nevil didnt have the California Haze (pure Colombians) but instead had the Dutch Haze (Lumbo hybridized with Indian and possibly other lines).
Interesting.

G `day T

No,,, what I am saying is echoing Thule .
The Nevil`s Haze and the Mauritius results are back to front .

Nevil`s is related to A5 and HPHz . And Mauritius is an un relate able land race .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I just read all the posts from my last post #1945 to #2376.The seeds I sold to Nevil were all made by me mostly from Holland work.
I never sold any I collected from Haze I obtained from the Haze Bros. I sold my work.
J & G are the same guy. Almost all my OHaze seeds were from him.
I never sold any OHaze X S Indian Kerala or Thai as OHaze, I always called them OHaze X whatever.
Burning Bush was 100% pure OHaze I grew it in Calif and named it, RCC also smoked it with me, and loved it. That and another OHaze I called Cream De La Cream and another I called Mr Greasy even though it was a girl, it had very very streched laddery buds that even when dry and placed in a zip bag greased up the bag unbelievably, it was also hard to roll and keep a joint lit.
Nevil did not have OHaze seeds from before the 70's 80"s as he got his OHaze from me and I only sold him seeds I had made, all 100% OHaze, but not from the 60's or early 70's as I did not start making OHaze seeds until the mid 70's and in large amounts in the 80's in Holland. I think I sold him seeds I made in Holland after 85'.

I will try and answer a few questions if I know the answers, but will ignore any questions I have answered before. Dont ask me about others Haze as I was not the breeder you need to ask the breeder.

The reason that OHaze was seldom found in Coffee shops in Amsterdam is because commercial growers wanted herb with a short flowering period, why would they grow a OHaze that took 16-24 weeks and did not yield as much as a 7-8 week plant?
That and I was a seed producer not a commercial grower if I was I would have worked up an OHaze pure, that was better then NH at least to me.
I get that not all liked OHaze X Skunk or Thai/OHazeXSkunk but I did and many others I know also did.
I also have yet to find any Cannabis that had a more Cerebral, Clear, Up, Psychdelic high with no celing that got you higher every time you took a toke. Nevils did not, for me anyway.
People have many different preferences I also have mine. RCC agrees with me if that matters. I did not see OHaze until the very early 70's I did see both G's and RL's my wife manicured for G and he was the first OHaze Bro, we were close back in the day, and his was the best. Shame he quite growing OHaze but it was so much easier to get my Skunk #1 seeds for his grows, this was before people maintained clones, and his OHaze was already suffering from inbreeding depression, I did not try and improve my OHaze seed lines I tried to preserve all the genes and only sold them with the advice to use them for breeding not commercial growing, to use for commercial growing you need to grow thousands and select the best 10 clones to reproduce for product, few people wanted to do that.
I sold Nevil seeds for $1 a pop for any of my varieties.
I sold by the kilo for €5,000 there are 50,000 - 75,000 for small seeds like OHaze.
I still have a KG of OHaze seeds made a decade ago they are not for sale they are for a OHaze project I am trying to arrange outdoors in the ground at a latitude of 18 just to find and clone the best 10-20 for production where legal.
I have zero problems to keep well made seeds alive stored under refridgerated 4c for 25 years so they are still germainating in the high 90's if and when I do this I will post photos of the 10-20 as well as their Cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
These are slightly over 75 per gram so 75,000 seeds and normally I get 70% females with OHaze so I will have lots to select the 10-20 keepers from, I expect about 50,000 females if started carefully. I am retired from selling seeds, but I will allow others to do what they want with my work, they will pay me for the work, and it is not work as I want to do it even retired.

FYI the OHaze grown by the Haze Bros were not all equal in quality, maybe 10% were fantastic, 50% good or great, and maybe 10% not as good but most would still think it was great. Each year after 1970 the quality and yields and vigor declined a bit. By 1980 I did not know any large OHaze growers, for the reasons I have stated.

I have told the truth, I have zero to gain by altering the truth, I am retired for several years now. I have had a great life, few complaints, I would like to put out a dependable pure OHaze seed line or two for my self and others, even if I do not sell them but let others do so. Selling is work, I do not need the $ and I will only do what I love today. Breeding OHaze is not work for me it is fun, and I think I can do it better then anyone else just because of my experience and history.

FYI I have all but given up on Phylos, they have other goals then my interest in Cannabis Evolution and Relationships, but FYI I only sent them extracted DNA no living materials they could steal, I also sent them many of my varieties DNA, focused on Landraces to help explore my interest in Evolution and Relationships. I am glad I tried, nothing ventured nothing gained.....

-SamS

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One day I pray to get more seeds from you,,, im so gutted I lost the last lot of haze selections,,, i honestly believe only you have that old Amsterdam haze nowadays

Limeygreen

Veteran
I hope you're able to put out one or two of a dependable haze line Sam that would be fantastic, I start to save my money now.

bigherb

Veteran
SamS

Amazing post

The details are great, most appreciated. But you know I’d love to hear more lol

Can you please speak on Frankincense/ Incense in Original Haze , I’ve asked this question several times since I’ve joined and I can’t find any post of your on this subject. I understand the Gold pheno to hold these traits

I’m soo very happy to know you are willing and plan to work a Haze line . The legend continues

1luvbigherb

R

Rab.C

i have an La sage plant growing it has a sam skunk male in the cross i am looking forward
too see hw she buds up

bigherb

Veteran
Sams

Do you still have any OHaze seeds from G ? If soo have you tried to germ them ? NO I HAVE NONE LEFT JUST OFFSPRING.

From your post I assume Nevils Haze was from pure Lumbo correct? YES.

Nevil said you told him burning bush was an ancestor of his seed stock he acquired , the 66-70 dates labeled on Nevils seeds he acquired from you was a BS story ? NOT SURE BUT BURNING BUSH WAS PURE OHAZE I GREW AND NAMED.

The fact he got 7 seeds to pop out of thousands from 85 stock don’t sound right . But you would know best THE SEEDS I SOLD HIM HAD A VERY HIGH GERM RATE, HE DID NOT EVER GROW THOUSANDS FROM SEEDS HE GOT FROM ME AS FAR AS I KNOW.

Soo all the OHaze you sold to seedsman TFD positronics was pure Colombian? YES UNLESS SOLD AS A HAZE HYBRID.

The emphasis all these years folks have made on thai association to OHaze is funny I GAVE BOTH RL AND G THAI SEEDS I GOT FROM GOLDEN OFF THE STICK THAI THAT WAS FANTASTIC IN MAYBE 75 IN SC. THEY MADE A FEW HYBRIDS BUT G LIKE THE PURE OHAZE BETTER AND DID NOT USE THEM AGAIN, RL LIKED THEM BUT DID NOT KEEP CLONES SO THEY WERE GONE PRETTY QUICK, THE SAME WITH S INDIAN, KERALA. I MADE MORE HYBRIDS AS I FOUND THEM INTERESTING.

It seems you answered this already but I don’t understand, you never sold any Haze x Thai / S.indian as OHaze . But you said burning bush was OHaze with a strong Thai influence

Is burning bush Colombian x Thai ? Or pure Lumbo ? NO THAI IN IT.

I love details I appreciate you sharing more with us and setting some things straight, your wife manicuring and details of Nevils stock

I hope this future OHaze project comes to fruit and we can possibly have a taste or access to a representation from someone who knows it best

TIME WILL TELL.
-SamS

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

Last edited by a moderator:

bigherb

Veteran
Sams

Below is a part of your old post #1208

It’s confusing you just said J and G are the same guy , below is the opposite?

One of the Haze growers RL told me a different story then the Original Haze guy that did it first up in the SC mountains and then in the next few years moved down to right by my house, less then a block away, the other Haze grower RL, who put out the OH poster lived a block the other side of my house. I had a friend "J" that used to help the SC mountain Haze grower, he was also a good friend of RCC, he told me all about the early Original Haze I never saw, as I got back to SC in early 1972.

Since your digging in the bag today , maybe you can share the opposite sides of the story of RL n G ?

Not trying to be a dick just trying to make sense of this

1luvbigherb

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I did not know if his name started with a J or a G I think I have said both. But it is G. J was a kid who helped G.

-SamS
Sams

Below is a part of your old post #1208

It’s confusing you just said J and G are the same guy , below is the opposite?

Since your digging in the bag today , maybe you can share the opposite sides of the story of RL n G ?

Not trying to be a dick just trying to make sense of this

1luvbigherb

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran

This story has inaccuracies I will not correct them as I may wish to tell my own story some day. That is why I do not like to tell all because then someone else will say they have the whole true story, they do not. This has happened several times already.... Hell I am the leader of a Sacred Seeds Collective of many growers started in the 40's or 50's what a joke, I was Sacred Seeds no one else, there was no Sacred Seeds until I started it named it bred the seeds. I did all the breeding or seed production. Big Herb that is why I ignore many of your posts because of articles like this with mistakes are taken as the truth. I do not really want to help anyone that does not get all their "facts" straight. I think the preface was written by Jair whom I know, and the rest by Big Herb in 2011? He did the best he could as he was not there. Hell he tracked down the 3 Haze Bros from back East I never did.
-SamS

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely posts mr. Skunkman, always a pleasure to read. I’m sure it’s been said a thousand times at least, but I would love to read your story... that would be a hell of a read I think. :tiphat:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have told the truth, I have zero to gain by altering the truth, I am retired for several years now. I have had a great life, few complaints, I would like to put out a dependable pure OHaze seed line or two for my self and others, even if I do not sell them but let others do so. Selling is work, I do not need the $ and I will only do what I love today. Breeding OHaze is not work for me it is fun, and I think I can do it better then anyone else just because of my experience and history.

FYI I have all but given up on Phylos, they have other goals then my interest in Cannabis Evolution and Relationships, but FYI I only sent them extracted DNA no living materials they could steal, I also sent them many of my varieties DNA, focused on Landraces to help explore my interest in Evolution and Relationships. I am glad I tried, nothing ventured nothing gained.....

-SamS

That is great news Sam! I would love a chance to grow some of those Haze seeds one day :tiphat: I have a few each of the haze5 x Hunk and HazeMexi x Hunk,along with Ohaze f3's,Thunk and Kerala Haze getting ready for the summer along with a bunch of other hazey hybrid's so its gonna be a Hazey Season for me :canabis:
Thanks for the info too,I would love to read a book or article about your life and breeding experiences,it would be fascinating for me and I suspect many others too....Are You close to any Top-notch writers that can help with it :biggrin:
Re: Phylos....Its a shame as it could/would have been an amazing tool. You can only try though!
Luck'n'Lite JBo

MadMac

far beyond driven...
O-Haze

O-Haze

hello,
well i'm little confused now after these new insights ...
now the story becomes more hazy as it already is...
well @ the end i love the haze and it's for me the end of the road...
the plant for the holy grail...

@SamS
is there a way to spot early good plants?
like with the tom hill haze you can see after week 6 resin on stem on the best once... same with o-haze?
Also is there a special smell when rub the stem to look for ?

and finally: the seeds you gave seedsman... was it the same batch you still have the kilo from... a decade ago... would fit the time frame when Seedsman start to sold...

and for you all information:
The Flying Dutchman O-Haze is a hybrid with huge WLD influence ...
i've bought 3 pack's over the last 5 years @ the source in Amsterdam...
also there rest haze hybrids like Titans Haze are old seeds and germination is like zero... so be warned...

TFD O-Haze... a joke... bad joke!
picture.php

Seedsman O-Haze
picture.php

O-Haze from 90' repro
picture.php

get hazed' but not with TFD O-Haze
M.:tiphat: