What's new

SSSTN outdoors

Eltitoguay

Hi all

full

Another week, it continues to stretch and grow like crazy, it smells pretty good...

full

full

Reptiles seem to like it.

full

full

full

Salu2
Looks like a young "Culebra de herradura" (Hemorrhois hippocrepis)...

EZRDrT7XkAEwMuX.jpeg

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Looking really solid there. I like the bud-set shape she's taking.
Last photo looks like it should have a tree-house in it!
Are they supported at all? I can see the plastic you must have used when they were small.
But do you use stakes? Mesh cage? Or are they self-supporting?

OntologicalTurn

Hi @Creeperpark , well I don't put mulch, I prefer to prepare the soil in autumn, a good hole, some fish, earthworm humus, horse and chicken manure, six to eight months before,
then I put the drip irrigation hose on it and if I am going to lay them down I put a geotextile blanket, this prevents them from filling up with earth when it rains and bad plants from growing.
As for the sun, luckily I am in a region with a Mediterranean climate just a few kilometers from the sea, sold by the climate for cultivation in general, not in vain is it called l'horta (the orchard in Valencian) at this moment we have 15 hrs of sun and about 30/24 ° c...
Here I also have different trees and plants that say a lot about the climate, olive and orange trees are the majority, they coexist with some other fruit trees; cherry trees, medlars, fig trees, pomegranates, walnuts, plums and peaches, even some papayas... Also, right now in the garden we have tomatoes, pumpkins and zucchini, aubergines, cucumbers, melons, peppers, strawberries, kiwis...
The bad thing is that cannabis plants tend to be somewhat delayed, especially sativas that end up suffering from the storms at the end of autumn.
I love each and every plant I have on the farm. 😋
Salu2
Los kiwis necesitan horas frío? Tengo unos 3 arbolitos, uno macho, uno hembra, un injerto macho/hembra, ya van para 3 años y ni rastro de fruto... clima subtropical templado "subhumedo de montaña"

el mani

Veteran
Looking really solid there. I like the bud-set shape she's taking.
Last photo looks like it should have a tree-house in it!
Are they supported at all? I can see the plastic you must have used when they were small.
But do you use stakes? Mesh cage? Or are they self-supporting?
Hello @Maria Sanchez , in this case the plant only has a couple of canes as stakes, in a couple of weeks I can reinforce them with ropes if necessary, although being so close to the trees they serve as support. In fact, some branches are already coming out of the olive tree.
Some branches always break with the storms of late summer and early autumn, the tithe of the outside...

Los kiwis necesitan horas frío? Tengo unos 3 arbolitos, uno macho, uno hembra, un injerto macho/hembra, ya van para 3 años y ni rastro de fruto... clima subtropical templado "subhumedo de montaña"
full

Pues puse uno auto fértil que me regalaron y va como un tiro, hace flor y fruto a montones pero pequeños, después he puesto ya varios ( verdes y amarillos de varias clases ) y cuando llega la flora me hacen flor los machos y las hembras no...
Me pasa también con los kiwiños, pero no se si es por el frío, por el suelo o por el riego.
Salu2

Maria Sanchez

Hello @Maria Sanchez , in this case the plant only has a couple of canes as stakes, in a couple of weeks I can reinforce them with ropes if necessary, although being so close to the trees they serve as support. In fact, some branches are already coming out of the olive tree.
Some branches always break with the storms of late summer and early autumn, the tithe of the outside...

full

Pues puse uno auto fértil que me regalaron y va como un tiro, hace flor y fruto a montones pero pequeños, después he puesto ya varios ( verdes y amarillos de varias clases ) y cuando llega la flora me hacen flor los machos y las hembras no...
Me pasa también con los kiwiños, pero no se si es por el frío, por el suelo o por el riego.
Salu2

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
They do look quite snug between the little wall and the olive trees.
Hope you don't lose much in the winds.
Those kiwi fruit are going to be delicious!