What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not your avarage WaterFarms...

Stay Frosty

Major respect ........You gotta be old head to have seen one of our posts bout the electrical fittings with o-rings being made into bulkhead fittings on a budget.......maybe not , but I call em like I see em........

Using Heathie`s design for maximum flow and usin basic GH nutes almost brings a tear to my eye...........Your plants look healthy Bro and the rule of thumb on bare bulbs hanging vertically is the bulb`s socket should always be at the top of the plants........Once the stretch is over , then you can drop the lights if you`ve got bushier strains but no more than the top third of the plants.........

I ran ebb and flow buckets with 3-600`s exactly like your souped up waterfarms but 35 of em in 5 gal buckets.......fans beneath each bulb as well except lil muffin fans that sat flat on the floor and blew heat straight up that got sucked out thru the scrubber..........

Yrs ago Heath came up with exchanging the room`s air twice per minute with the proper sized active intakes and exhausts while all but doing away with a/c and dehuey needs in the smaller rooms with 12-1800 watts while constantly supplying the flip rooms with CO2 free 24/7 just in lower ppm amounts but constant........

You`ve obviously done your homework with such a tight setup so good luck and add another light..............lol...........

Take care....DHF...:joint:......

Heya Frank!! Thanks for stopping by. You def know what your talking about. Ill prob add another light next round. I learned of the diy bulkhead fitting from some of heaths old post that got took down. Hes def an inspiration!!

nice setup! i just got the waterfarm 8 pack with GHs recirculating kit. just wondering if you tried that out or just wanted to upgrade to this from the get go? they look very healthy and those roots got huge fast!

thanks, be safe.

Started cutting at them as soon as they were out of the box. I have some buddies that use them for mothers tho.

I would listen to Fred and add another light..he know's his shit :dueling:......you did a great job ..........:woohoo:.

Will do. Thanks for the kind words!!

thanks for the detailed response, ill be watching, cant wait to see these bitches flower!:woohoo:

Ill post pics tonight!! Sorry for the lagg....

Love the setup! I've got 4 waterfarms im thinkin about convertin over ta superfarms. lol. I've done alota research and it really seams to be the way ta go, especially when your using vertical lighting and bigger fewer plants. Keep up the good work! K+

Should def give it a go. I love the system, bet you would too!!

Very nice setp brotha! I'm likin' the DIY work you did on the waterfarms. My new setup is very similar to yours. I am running the under current 8XL system under 3 600's. Vegged 3 weeks in 4x8 hydrohut. What wattage are your lights? Do you do any LST or any training? very healthy looking plants my man!

turbo

Thanks!! Didnt do any LST this round, prob will next time. The lights are 600w's. Love the under current systems, just didnt wanna drop the coin on one.

Pictures for sure tonight!! :woohoo:

Stay Frosty

Sorry guys!!! Alil update. Day15 12/12

GreenCrack
picture.php

View image in gallery

MasterBubbaKush
MasterBubb
MasterBubb
GC

turbolaser4528

Veteran
thats what im talkin about babay!!! beatiful girls, frostin up real nice. What happened to that other light man? Im also wonderin what happened with the nutes, you fed em a bit too much eh? take it easy fella..

robotwithdreams

Veteran
That is a very nice looking room. I have a couple quick questions if you dont mind. How loud is the pump and the whole system when its running? And how much water does the system hold?

Stay Frosty

That is a very nice looking room. I have a couple quick questions if you dont mind. How loud is the pump and the whole system when its running? And how much water does the system hold?

System runs very quiet. Barely hear the pump. Loudest part for me was when I had the rings on and the bubbling it made in the buckets.
System holds about 20gallons with a 10gal top up. I only put 5 gal's in the top up tho since I usually check on it daily.

More pics soon. Flushing soon.

Stay Frosty

beautiful!

enjoy your garden!

Frosty is his name and Frosty pics is his game!!!

great work there man...

Thankz!!!

Sweet grow. Im brain storming a ebb & grow bucket set up with 4 600s hung vert. Gives me 1 more reason to try it out.
If ya get a minute check out my thread may be you could point me in the direction. http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147400

Nicely done

Hey BG!! I'll definitely check your thread out.

thats what im talkin about babay!!! beatiful girls, frostin up real nice. What happened to that other light man? Im also wonderin what happened with the nutes, you fed em a bit too much eh? take it easy fella..

Sup turbo!! Thanks alot. Ima throw some more wattage in next time around. Need to set up the power. I couldn't get to the pad for a few days and the top up rez went dry....shot ppm's up alil. Working on a bigger res for next run. Thanks for sticking around tho bro!! Updates soon.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Thankz!!!

Hey BG!! I'll definitely check your thread out.

Sup turbo!! Thanks alot. Ima throw some more wattage in next time around. Need to set up the power. I couldn't get to the pad for a few days and the top up rez went dry....shot ppm's up alil. Working on a bigger res for next run. Thanks for sticking around tho bro!! Updates soon.

Anytime man I should have a grow up here sometime within the next few months, ill drop you a line. You, lightning bug, and many others are gonna love it haha jk but for real im working on a pretty sick system just waiting on some parts and doing experiments. Ill post a diagram when im done.

those plants are frosty as hell man nice job, I cant imagine how theyd look with 600w CMH's instead of HPS's damn i gotta get me some of those bulbs.

how do you run your nutes anyway? like do you up the ppms 50 every week or something or do you stay at a set number the whole grow? take care homie, ill take a hit for you and for our fallen brothers:smoke:

D

DHF

Hey Bro.........I`ve gotta say that although you`ve got many many budsites your plants are over-vegged and under-developed as far as nuggage for the sq ftg .... That could be strain-related possibly but it`s definitely due to lack of watts per sq ft with way too much foliage......I`ve been wrong before without enough descriptive pics but I don`t think so this time.........

Did you clean out from underneath around the time you flipped em ?.........I normally waited till my plants started spittin pistils around 14-17 days 12/12 to take my cuts and shave their legs to divert swellage to the upper and outer extremities of the plants that were closer to the bulbs and could convert energy more efficiently into larger flower clusters for the end results.......

Anyways........I usedta run 10 x 10 rooms with 34 watts per sq ft using krusty buckets with only 4 plants in the rooms but you`re only using 12 watts per sq ft and it`s hurting your bottom line from what I`ve seen and I`m not sure another light will help with only 18 watts per now that I`ve seen the room full of flarf/leafage......

Other than that your girls look healthy except for lettin your top off rez run dry.......Shit happens Bro and they`ll recover but what`s happened from my experience is that you`ve been feeding way too much shit on the vine that means nuttin when it comesta swellage and bud-building after the stretch was over.......Too much green shit that ain`t buds don`t pay da bills but next run will only get better with dialage.............

Take care and Holler if I can help ......Not tryin ta down your setup cuz the DIY buckets are awesome.....just needs more light , less vegtime and some tweakage underneath the plants for more airflow and upper swellage.......

Peace....DHF....:deadxmas:.....

Latest posts

Latest posts