What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not your avarage WaterFarms...

gmanwho

Veteran
Those look awesome, and great job on the update. Waterfarm has a recirc kit to now.

Just a thought about the pvc there. Pvc still lets light in. Brown algae will grow on the inside of the lines. Ive witnessed it with my recirc dwc awhile back. No big deal when it stays on the walls. but when it loosens up off the wall, floats aways, then gets stuck on the roots and starts rot.

may never happen to u. This was a photo i took down my 1-1/2 inch feed line. I didnt add a flashlight, that was the light off the 3 600's in the room. U can also see the brown algae.

I'd bubble wrap them..

15551Picture_160.jpg

just looking out. Looking good , now lets see some buds..

B-safe

Hey thanks for the tip gmanwho. I knew this was going on in my system as I see it come out when I bleach it between runs. I think I will add pipe insulation to mine for the next run, will keep the chiller from running so much too. K+
:thanks:

gmanwho

Veteran
LB, ya man go with the pipe insulation for sure. Much easier to install then cutting and tapping the bubble wrap. Easier to save when u tear it down, or if u change systems or whatever. just easier to reuse i would think.

An like u said keeps them insulated making the chiller work less. save some money on the electric bill, it all adds up..

B-safe