What's new

Diary Crunky's corner!

crunkyeah

Veteran
@bonghopper - Thanks for the heads up on that strain. It's reassuring to know some are finding success with outdoor strains this far north! I appreciate the info.

@teide - Glad to hear you were able to get your hands on the DB and QB! I have not tried the Moon Duck but I was generally impressed by the couple of photos I saw on IG. Both of the Quack Bastard females I had turned out completely purple. If you'd like I can take a photo of the finished crop of them. It wasn't much but it's definitely as purple as it gets. I'm excited for the cool plants you have yet to see!

Update time! I will begin with photos and then transition into smoke reports and plans.

First off we have the flowering Mnogolistka (Multileaf).
IMG_6503.jpeg

Easily the smallest plants I've flowered yet. I believe the males are auto-flowering. The reason I suspect them is that I've never had any strain begin flowering under my veg lights at 18/6. I looked back at when I germinated them, and it was on November 2 so they've been alive 76 days now. While I do think it's a little fast... I did let them get quite root bound which I typically do for my parent plants. I had no idea the males would begin flowering under 18/6, so that kind of threw my plans off.... or did it??

IMG_6504.JPG

M1 clone, thankfully starting to kick into flowering. I actually can't believe how she went from dark vibrant green to being potash deficient in like 2 days. They'll really sucking up the nutrients it seems.

IMG_6505.JPG

M2 male. He seems to be the taller of the bunch. He seems like he's going to start dropping pollen soon... I hope the females are far enough along to accept pollen. I will install some muffin forms tomorrow to attempt to capture some of the pollen. I want as many seeds as possible.

IMG_6506.JPG

M3, my personal favorite specimen of the group. Her traditional Mnogolistka leaves are just beautiful. It seems her growth structure is much shorter than M1 sister, so variation should be good between the females.

IMG_6507.JPG

M4 male. He seems to be plugging right along behind the M2. He does seem to be a little shorter/slower than M2 but I'm hoping between the two males that I'm getting some good genetics being passed on.

IMG_6508.JPG

M5 female. It's the most interesting specimen of the group. The leaves are a lot more 'spiky'. The plant in general just seems like a 'spiky traditional leaf'.

Between all 3 females and both males, I hope the offspring will provide some good plants to work with moving forward. Additionally I'm also trying to root some clones I took off M2-5. I didn't take one from M1 because I still have a M1 clone donor.
IMG_6502.jpeg

The interesting thing is, the male clones did not have any preflowers on them when I clipped them off. I've kept these clones on 24/0 in an attempt to get these clones to root. If they do root, I will maintain them on 24/0 until they are large enough to flower alongside my other mutants.

If these do not root, I will attempt to reveg the plants to take another crack at it. More on that later.

crunkyeah

Veteran
Next we have the veg plants. Everything looks fairly clean from bugs now that I've kept on top of spraying. Just used a dawn dish soap + tap water mixture.
IMG_6509.JPG

Menthol Skunk clones. Both of the bottom clones are the same which is interesting.

IMG_6510.JPG

V9 Tiger clones. Such a pretty plant in my opinion!

IMG_6513.JPG

Drunken Bastard female

IMG_6512.JPG

M1 donor on the left, GPP female behind her. GPP is kind of a monster plant even in veg.

IMG_6511.JPG

Berryfreak female on the left, V9 Tiger donor behind her.

Ok so let's do some reports. I've been processing all my outdoor stuff from last season. I need to figure out some way to remove 100% of the plant material from my seeds. So tough to get every little bit. Either way, I've accumulated about 200-300g of shake/trim that I've processed for edibles. I have begin delving into the world of edibles/tinctures so it's likely I may start posting photos of cannabis-infused food that I make.

V9 Tiger is a smooth fruity/woody smell and it's a bit more on the mild side in terms of high. The effects are very relaxing, so the presence of CBD is easy for me to tell with this one. That said, the head high from what THC is in there is really soothing. It feels more indica in nature to me, with a bit more effects on the body than the mind.

Giant Pur Pur is nearly the same thing if you ask me. I could not tell the difference between a V9T bowl and a GPP bowl. Neither could my family. The GPP specimen I kept has some CBD but I suspect it's a minor cannabinoid, not one of the specimen which is CBD dominant. My GPP female is quite resinous and sticky.

Menthol Skunk has me speechless in terms of flavor, effects, everything. I believe they mis-named this strain. It should be Menthol Berry. It's not very skunky, but the menthol/mint with the earthy berry undertones... I can't explain how wonderful this it to me. BerryFreak was my previous favorite. This has clearly dominated the competition to me. It's my favorite my far. The only drawback I've found to it, the strain seems to make my appetite amplify. Most strains don't make me hungry but this one definitely does. Additionally I find I'm always thirsty after I smoke it. The high is beautiful. It has the traditional up-high from it's sativa lineage. It's quite potent, and grinds well. It's very sticky and pleasant all the way until the last hit. I don't find much of a come-down after the 2-ish hours the high lasts. If I keep smoking it I just get higher and higher. I haven't found where it plateaus. I would smoke myself sick on this thing before it levels out I feel like. Truly wonderful medicine.

In about a week or so I should have photos of the GPP/MS harvest results. My drying environment is subject to outside temps so they've been drying in almost freezing weather; true cold cure. They've been drying for a couple weeks and are nearing the point of curing.

Last part of this post, I want to go over my plans for early 2023. Since the Mnogolistka males are so fast, I would be absolutely silly not to do a sultan cross with them. Since I'm so far north (47N) if I want to grow outdoors, using fast strains are a no-brainer. The Multileaf has the potential of reducing my other mutants flowering times as well as creating new mutants! Can't think of a reason not to do this cross if I'm able...

I've decided that it's not practical to make 30+ F1 creations, so I've selected several different mutant crosses I will breed with a non-mutant to create my own mutants to offer the world. I have selected 6 crosses, which should be much easier for me to manage in terms of practical breeding. By the time I'm done making F1 outcrosses with my mutants I should have like 10-12 outcrosses which could last me the rest of my lifetime in terms of breeding cool plants.

Here are the six crosses my heart is set on at the moment:
Menthol Skunk x Mint Trip - want to find a REALLY minty/menthol Freakshow style plant
ABC (vine pheno) x Cherry Wine CBD - want to create a CBD ABC plant for medicinal exploration
Giant Pur Pur x Double Scorpion*** - want to introduce the 'Giant' genes to a Scorpion pheno sativa
V9 Tiger x Black Rose - want to introduce purple genetics into a variegated plant... want to see those buds!
Mnogolistka x Devil's Malawi*** - want to blend the two strains well
AD17 Blueberry x Blueberry BX3 - blueberry mutant, need I say more??

*** Both the Double Scorpion and Devil's Malawi are F1 strains. In order to create the ideal breeding partners... ideally I will want to work each until F3 or F4 BEFORE crossing to the mutants. It is possible I find some F2 specimen but I may have to wait until F4 until I find uniformity.

I've decided to work my mutant lines in this fashion because I will be able to work each cross, one by one. Thinking about trying to keep a mutant alive for several years 'waiting' for breeding seems silly. The cross I've selected to be first is V9 Tiger x Black Rose. The reason for this is that I do not have any V9 Tiger seeds left, so of all my mutants it's the only one that's really precious.

TLDR; I'll be doing the Multileaf (Mnogolistka) repro. When that finishes I'm going to try a sultan seed run with Multileaf. To round out the summer season I want to do V9 Tiger x Black Rose. The fall of 2023 will likely be Double Scorpion F1 -> F2. As always my plans aren't set in stone.

crunkyeah

Veteran
Update time.

The Mnogolistka (Multileaf) males have let all their pollen loose. I have removed them as the aphids were getting a bit crazy on them and they released 95% of their pollen. The females suffer a bit too so when I water I try to kill as many with my fingers as possible. I'm afraid to spray the plants while they're flowering since I'm relying on them for the seed increase. Here's what the 3 seeded females look like now.

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

M1 - sorry it's blurry. This specimen seems taller but I'm not sure it will make decent buds. It's just much different from it's sisters. It is a clone too so that might make a difference.

IMG_6666.JPG

M3 - my personal favorite of the bunch. Starting to see visible trichomes all over.

IMG_6667.JPG

M5 - the zany girl. Unfortunately this one seems to be a bit more susceptible to aphids.

Since I'm going for seed I'm just going to help them as much as I can daily and let them produce seeds for me.

Here's the clones:
IMG_6669.jpeg

As you can see the males continued flowering even under 24/0. I did switch the lights back to 18/6 a week ago because it seemed like the girls wanted some sleep time. They started looking dreary. A few days later they all looked 10000x better. I fully believe after growing this strain that plants need sleep just like we do. There's good root growth on all of them. I will likely plant the females tomorrow and switch the males back to 24/0 in hopes they eventually revert back to veg mode. I'm highly skeptical though.. I believe it's autoflowering in the males. I mean these males flowered under like 3 weeks of 24/0 so if that's not saying something idk what is. I did dust pollen on the females so it should be fun experiment to see the seeds develop under 18/6.

I plan on keeping the 3 females around until my Devil's Malawi have been germinated and are ready to flower. I'll take cuts of each and likely flower them outside during the summer. The extreme speed of this strain makes me think it will work perfectly outside at my latitude. It may be possible I get a variety of F1 crosses with Mnogolistka in addition to my desired cross with Devil's Malawi. Time will tell on that one.

Been a while since ya seen the veg plants:
IMG_6674.JPG

Left to right we have two V9 Tiger clones on the left. The front 2 freaks are Menthol Skunk #1, and behind them are #3 and #4. #4 is the clear winner to me in terms of smoked bud. She's wicked strong and has the best taste of any bud I've ever smoked. It's divine.
IMG_6670.JPG

One seems highly variegated and the other seems only slightly so. Curious thing that variegation. I wonder if it's possible to clone them in such a way which removes the variegation. I really hope not. See how one clone is really yellow and the bottom one is mostly green? What's with that?? It's the same plant.... so odd.

IMG_6672.JPG

Here we have three Black Rose seedlings. Hoping one of those is a boy. Will be doing a V9T x Black Rose cross as soon as these are big enough to flower. If all are female it will definitely mess up my schedule a bit but if it happens then it was meant to be.

IMG_6673.JPG

Left to right: BerryFreak, V9 Tiger (mom), Giant Pur Pur(back), M1 (in front) and then Drunken Bastard on the right.

A few notes:
GPP smoke report - After smoking more of this wonderful lady I can say it's definitely a 1:1 THC:CBD strain. I have pleasantly found that among strains I've grown the ones with CBD in them are much better for my body in terms of smoking. It's difficult to explain in just a few sentences but I fully believe a lot of the modern hybrids which are THC-only varieties are really missing out on the benefits of cannabis. Whenever I smoke my different varieties with the few people I know, they're always amazed at how different my stuff makes them feel compared to dispensary (legal) buds. I feel like in the retail industry where testing is mandatory, people are drawn to the strains with the highest numbers but they don't realize how much benefit there is to be has for cultivars with minor cannabinoids and not so much THC in them.

Anyways the GPP has a very wonderful fruity and slightly woody taste. It's very sticky and the buds have a pretty good foxtailing situation going on. The wonderful thing is they're quite dense so after grinding up a few good chunks of flower I'm finding that even though the buds don't look huge, they're actually decently high yielding. Also, the lanceolate leaves are the easiest damn leaves in the world to trim. I can't even describe how easy it is. It's a dream.

I've also completed with my F1 sultan seed run. I don't really have a whole lot of photos because it was such a pain to cut the plants down. In addition to that we've removed the tent and will do everything 'open' with future runs. The next run planned is a Black Rose sultan run, primarily for the V9TxBR cross, but the others would be nice to have. When I'm completely done seed sorting I'll make a post dedicated entirely to the seeds I've created.

laszlokovacs

I admire your commitment crunky! Every time i look at your thread I see a new mutant i've never heard of. I'm guessing that V9 Tiger is from Kaly? Beautiful plant I agree

What sort of edibles do you make? I love making em but they never hit me so I just give most away. I ended up with over 2lbs of drunken bastard buds from my 2 outdoor plants last season- Cant seem to get it to press into rosin so Im not sure what to do with it- it seems like it has a bit of cbd so probably good for edibles. Still... the terps on mine were the most vivid scent choward's violet mints if you know what those are, taste is on par too. honestly my favorite smelling plant of the season.

Thanks for documenting your tent! Youre building up quite the collection of mutants and crosses guy, hope some of those seeds you got developing grow some real twisted freaks.

crunkyeah

Veteran
@laszlokovacs - Wow 2lbs of DB that's awesome! I noticed they yielded considerably well despite their small stature. It's a small plant but a good one! My advice on that is smoke some, and make some edibles with the sub-quality nugs. Personally I absolutely love that blueberry piney taste that my DB has. It's not the strongest so it works well as a wake up strain for me. The CBD is a bonus for sure.

V9 Tiger is indeed a strain from Kaly. I think I'll throw one of my clones in the flower tent after the Multileaf seed run finishes. I'm eager to see how she performs in flower! At the moment I have 3 plants of the same V9 Tiger. The mom is going to get pollinated by Black Rose as soon as those are big enough. The yellow-ish clone I'll hold onto and the more greenish one I'll flower out for science.

As far as the edibles go, all we've made so far have been cookies and muffins. After doing about 3 or 4 batches now we've got dosage right on the cookies. The tricky part is figuring out how much each individual edible is going to have. Cookies are about half the size of a muffin so they can be a little more potent. When you eat a muffin you typically want a weaker effect since you'll be eating the whole muffin. Nobody really wants to eat a stale muffin half after they've been blazed for 2 days. If I eat 3 cookies or a whole muffin I'm high for literally about 48 hours.

Since I'm just delving into edibles don't take what I say for gospel, take it with a grain of salt. I find people generally have a couple of problems with edibles. First off is the material you're using. I use trim (with 90% of the leaf material removed) and ground it into the finest powder I can. Secondly, when you're dosing you have to make sure that you have the decarboxylation process down (it's pretty easy). Lastly, with dosing a person needs to be realistic. Think about whatever amount you normally smoke in a bowl. That's about the amount you want each edible to have. So for example I normally smoke around 2g twice daily on average. So each edible I would want to have roughly .5g - 1g.

Last batch of cookies we made I believe the dosing was 34g for one cup of butter. Once strained and filtered and made into cookies I think we made 44-46 cookies or something like that. It was 3 racks of 12 and the last one had like 5 missing if I recall right.

I will take a photo of the butter once it's infused with cannabis and filtered. You'll know you've done it right when you have sticky liquid butter. It will have a green sheen to it. It should also smell extremely appetizing. If it doesn't smell good you used too much trim with leaf or it wasn't dry enough. You want 100% dry and as fine a powder as you can get.

Last tidbit I want to share for now on edibles is that the taste barely comes through at 250F for 40min but REALLY comes through at 225F for 40min. I used Drunken Bastard trim from my outdoor seeded plants after dry sifting it out and it made the muffins the absolutely most tasty treat I've had in a while.

As always, thanks for your support. I plan on releasing my own lines in the future but for the next couple years I'll be making F1 outcrosses and more mutant seed stock for my own security. Eventually I'll be able to offer all my mutants to the public, hopefully worldwide.

@Cakeboy - Thanks for the support! It means a lot. Hopefully 2023 will bring incredible things!

goingrey

Think about whatever amount you normally smoke in a bowl. That's about the amount you want each edible to have
Totally agree with this rule of thumb.
Secondly, when you're dosing you have to make sure that you have the decarboxylation process down (it's pretty easy). Lastly, with dosing a person needs to be realistic.
But have to disagree with this one. It is totally not an exact science, because THC is being both activated and degraded at the same time with the cooking.. So when is the best time... who knows.

There's an interesting study about it:

But my conclusion after reading that was, don't worry about it. Just go with the time it takes the dish to cook (I don't make cannabutter to make edibles with, just throw some buds into the saucepan or whatever when making dinner).

For some reason people have made oral consumption more complex than it needs to be. I think we need to demystify it. Even this works: brew an infusion ("tea") with some buds (just hot water on top). Do it a couple of times with the same buds. Drink the brew or don't, I find it a nice light buzz. But eat the buds afterwards to get really high.

laszlokovacs

@crunkyeah Totally on the same page as you man, i love the berry/floral scents on the DBs, yield was pleasantly suprising. One yielded 1.5lbs the other just over .5. but the smaller yielder smells a better. I smoked a few grams from each around harvest and theyre were very tasty and good smoke and not THC heavyweights. Very compact plants for the yield- big one was only about 4.5ft tall in pic
IMG_4606 2.JPG

Unfortunately my lungs and general health are pretty fucked, amazingly unrelated to smoking, but still I only vape rosin occasionally and because it will get me blasted. Otherwise I'd probably be smoking joints of drunken bastard daily just for the taste and gentle buzz! Im probably going to wash a good .25-5lb minimum of DB flower in a few months with bubble bags but I wish I could make quality BHO from it as I think the terps would really shine through that way!

Haha unfortunatley its not a question of technique that my edibles never hit me but i'm one of those people who metabolizes the thc too quickly bc of the abnormal liver enzyme. I still make them a lot for fun but mostly for the sake of cooking and for gifts. I usually eat around 600-800mg at once after I make the batch just to test em out and i get a lil red-eyed but nothing more. Your point about decarb temp is really interesting to me because i usually end up going medium low on the temp and stuffing in as much thc as possible so they taste very planty and unpalatable. My next project was going to be washing the cannabutter to remove the chlorophyll and water-solubles but i might play around with the temperature like you mentioned and see what effect that has. Hopefully this spring all my fruit does well because I'm planning on making some fruit leather edibles. I think a berry based fruit leather with homegrown fruit and infused with DB would be dope, that or a pâte a fruits.

Good luck with the breeding, I'm sure there will be plenty of interested parties if you ever start selling mutant seeds. At the minimum you can never have too many seeds!

Brother Nature

That V9 has got to be one of the coolest cannabis plant's I've ever seen. You could make a killing with that on the variegated houseplant market hahahah...

bonghopper

I like to make 'butter' out of dry sift and odourless coconut oil. I'd sift a bit heavier than for smoking. It's a way to get around chlorophyll taste. I also Never add this to food, just dose it on a spoon. For the unexperienced eating too much is a sure way to turn one off cannabis, most people overdo it by not seeing how much they're taking mixed into food. 130°C in a closed jar in the oven for about an hour.

Nice yield on the outdoor DB's, what latitude are you at Laszlokovacs?

crunkyeah

Veteran
It's been long due time for an update. Got a few things goin I'm really excited for. Let's get into it.

First off, my battle with aphids continues. To top it off I think I have gnats now because the little buggers flying around every time I do anything with my plants. I've been doing a lot of research lately because of this:
IMG_6829.JPG
Can't work in the snow for my current career choice so I've been doing a lot of research to make up for it. One of the things I've noticed is that the salt based nutrients do 'ok' to grow my mutants but all of them have needed help in the nutrition department. The only ones which have done exceedingly well on my Jack's formula are the BerryFreak & Menthol Skunk. Another thing I've learned lately; as above, so below.

The bonsai method is great and all but my veg plants are becoming too large to keep trimming back over and over. They're just taking over the lights in the matter of a couple days after trimming. I can't really increase the pot size either even though some of them are drastically rootbound. When I give them more dirt it also increases their height. It's a dilemma I'm noticing; I almost need another large veg space to keep moms and dads. Additionally I think organic is the best way moving forward. I forsee a lot more success with organic nutrition rather than salt-based nutes in inert media.

One of the other things I've spent a lot of time researching is a seed sorting machine (winnower). I watched a couple of demos of the "zig-zag" seed sorter online and I was really impressed! The amount of time it would save me would be in the hundreds of hours at the moment. Once I harvest the upcoming Mnogolitska I will have like ~20 strains of seeds that need sorting. When some of them have thousands of good F1 seeds in several ounces of bud...that's a ton of time to do things manually. Basically what made me decide I needed to design my own one of these things is I seen some hemp seed sifted that would have taken me 6+ hours to sort happen by the machines in about 45 seconds. I'll probably test a couple versions until I find something that works easily.

Enough gab time for photos:
top veg:
IMG_6842.JPG

bottom veg:
IMG_6843.JPG

As you can see, things are really crazy. I will do some trimming and transplanting where I can. I'm going to be removing a couple of the Menthol Skunk because MS1 is the clear winner to me after smoking a bit from each female. The taste, high, ,yield, everything it's just all there. I can tell the MS1 pheno was taken a bit too early too. I needed to give that particular pheno the 75 days that her sister (BerryFreak) also likes.

IMG_6844.JPG
Here we have the beautiful Black Rose that I'm hoping is a male on the right and almost hiding under him is the Mnogolitska female I've chosen to keep and breed with! Unfortunately she needs sprayed to help with freaking aphids but she's doing well now and accustomed to dirt.

IMG_6845.JPG
Here are the other two Black Rose (I suspect female) next to the larger guy. The tall one is easily 4" taller than the small ones. For this reason I believe the tall one is a male. For an IBL and such a wonderful plant so far, I would think things should be easy with this one. I'm actually really thrilled because the tall one has signs that it's going to throw naturally purple pollen sacs regardless of temperature. The signs are there but difficult to photograph.

IMG_6841.JPG
Here we have the Tentazione seedlings. It seems one of them is kind of a runt. I'm really tempted to cull it but honestly since the seeds were so expensive I'm willing to give it a shot. The last AFC pack I grew out (Invictus) I grew 13 specimen and only found 2 males. All of the females were stable. So with this pack when I only got 11 seeds to begin with I was kind of mad. Now 1 of the seeds did something funky and wrapped the emerging taproot around the seed holding it shut... really bizarre. So the result is 9 normal seedlings and one runt. Really hoping for at least one male because this strain is supposedly able to get to 32% THC. I will make F2s with as many Tentazione females as possible, as well as making BerryFreak and Menthol Skunk F1s. It seems the Apple Fritter side of the cross isn't as robust to me. The Invictus seedlings as I recall were a bit better than these seem so far. Really excited to see how they develop.

IMG_6840.JPG IMG_6839.JPG IMG_6838.JPG IMG_6837.JPG
Lastly we have the 3 flowering Mnogolitska babies left. I'm kind of ashamed how they look. To me they look terrible from the aphid population that I just couldn't contain. The good news is the soldier bug army has come in to help out. There's easily about 100 of them in there and I haven't purchased any for months so this is all born out of the aphid explosion and a few remaining ladybugs who have kept the population alive.

One thing I have found really interesting is that this mutant is behaving very similarly to my Double Jam sativa in terms of how it's flowering. I noticed they weren't drinking much water about a week ago which is really odd to me because they're quite heavy plants for the tiny ass pots I have them in. I really should have put them into 3 gallons of dirt. Anyways I decided to switch to plain water and then all of a sudden they started drinking a bit more and now all of them have thrown out a few new pistils. I'm relieved because this late flowering boost makes it seem to me like these females are 'normal' and not semi-auto.

I've looked to see if I can see any developed seeds yet, so far nothing really that makes me think they're ready. I'll probably give them a couple more weeks of plain water to see what they do. FYI these are on day 47 from flip to 12/12 and just over 4 weeks since pollination began.

That's all for now.

crunkyeah

Veteran
Update time.

I still battle with my aphid problem and it seems I've got gnats now to boot. Cut the larger plants back like literally 85% and now things are much happier it seems! I'm sure I have more work to do but what else is new?

Veg tent upper: (2x V9 Tiger clones, 2x Menthol Skunk(MS1) clones, & 3x Black rose)
IMG_7060.JPG

It seems I have 2 Black Rose males and 1 female! Perfect for my plans! I will have a female so I know what the line looks like and both males can pollinate the V9 Tiger clones when the Mnogolitska finish making seeds. It's very difficult to see the V9 Tiger clones in this photo but I'll be sure to include more of them in the next update. I may up-pot them soon along with the Black Rose in preparation for flowering.

Veg tent lower:
IMG_7061.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

As you can see I kind of butchered the moms. I hope by the time they get big enough to trim again I can throw them outside. I will likely take 3x clones from each one though. More on that later. The second photo is my favorite Mnogolitska (M3) specimen. It's just at the stage before it's going to start throwing the 'Multileaf' trait on all her leaves. M1 is the one with the broken branch (experiment). M5 is the one on the lower right in the first photo.

IMG_7058.JPG

Here are the lovely Tentazione! They are already getting stinky and looking fresh. You can see there's one that lagged behind on the lower right. Initially I thought cull it but my instincts to keep plants alive kicked in and now it's coming back. It's easily going to be 2-3 weeks late compared to the others but it's ok. It was an expensive seed so it's worth the gift of life to me. Plus the other ones look so lovely how could I not give it a chance?!

When in such a dry environment like mine I need to use a humidity dome because seeds in my experience have a difficult time germinating in super dry environments. Humidity domes work well if you can keep them from forming droplets of water on the developing cotyledons. With that little seedling I'm 98% sure the water droplet formed right on top of the developing leaf. Because of this it stunted the plants growth until it formed enough root mass to be able to 'force' new nodes from that same spot since it's just a new seedling. It has begun growing it's first true leaves though. Onward and upward little fella!

IMG_7053.JPG

IMG_7054.JPG

IMG_7057.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

IMG_7056.JPG

To me these just look awful with the aphid problem. The one least affected is M3 so that one will be selected as the keeper. I'm not going to make the mistake of culling one of these plants though and regretting not keeping more specimen for variety. More on that later. Good news is that I see some developed seeds on these plants. Bad news is I don't see nearly as many as I had hoped. Maybe I should have left the males in there longer but they were just coated with aphids much worse than these girls. Who knows..

I did have an issue a few weeks ago where I noticed they were not drinking flowering nutes at all. Switched to a 50/50 mix of veg nutes (to promote nutrition in developing seeds) and they started drinking normally again. I recently switched lights from 12/12 down to 11/13 so I'll give them like 3-4 days of 'finish' nutes and then I'll give them plain water for another week then I'll cull them for the V9 Tiger x Black Rose F1 cross.

So here's the part of the post where I go over the 'more on that later' bits. My plans for the summer...

I haven't figured out exactly how with the amount of clones and whatnot but I've kind of done a full change with my plans for 2023 (imagine that lol). I'm still moving forward with the 5 crosses I want but I'm only doing so at a pace which is realistic (over the next 4-5 years instead of 18-36 months). In that light I want 2023 to be mainly about 2 crosses... the V9 Tiger x Black Rose cross as well as the Menthol Skunk x Tentazione cross. I've decided to sultan breed the Tentazione to all the mutants. At my second location I do the seed run indoors, and the flower run outdoors. Will get the Tentazione sex tested in about 10 days I imagine. That way I know how many males I have.

I mentioned earlier I will be taking clones of each mutant before kicking them outside. I will keep one of each alive for another sultan breed with a sativa of some kind. I haven't decided which yet though... that will likely be a project in 2024 for me.

Personal goals for 2023's outdoor season include going full organic with a lot more emphasis on my food garden. I'm likely to get about a dozen chickens if I can get something going here soon for a coop. I want to experiment with electroculture and see if it's some new age BS or if there's some application for cannabis as well. I'll likely start making KNF teas and compost teas from local materials I can find for free.

Lots of good stuff coming...

crunkyeah

Veteran
Whew it's update time.

Life's been crazy.. only going to get crazier from here. Hopefully the plants get better as I learn and grow with them.

I have harvested the Mnogolitska females and have harvested the seeds. By the end they were completely covered with aphids and quite atrocious to look at really. That's why I don't have any final photos for them. Either way they all got really resinous at the end. After pulling them and letting them dry out I have removed all the leaf and stem material (well 95%) so I'm just left with bud shake and seeds. I did take the time to pull out a couple hundred seeds by hand so everyone could see what the seeds look like.

As far as the bud goes it has this absolutely intoxicating smell. It's like beeswax, lotion, lemon balm, and skunk all wrapped into one. All 3 females smell quite similar. Once I get my method down for seed sorting I will smoke a few bowls of the shake and report back on effects and taste.

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

Next up for flower is the V9 Tiger x Black Rose F1 run!

IMG_7122.JPG
IMG_7121.JPG
IMG_7120.JPG

Everything is lookin a bit better now! Need to repot them into the pots they're sitting on in about a week. I have a few nute things to sort out with them first it appears...

Lastly we have veg mode plants. Upper tier:
IMG_7117.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

Lower tier:
IMG_7118.JPG
IMG_7119.JPG

As you can see things are progressing well for everyone.

INVENTORY:
VEG:
10x Tentazione
2x Menthol Skunk
1x BerryFreak
1x Giant Pur Pur
1x Drunken Bastard
1x V9 Tiger
3x Mnogolitska

FLOWER: ** these are in veg mode I want them to get bigger
3x Black Rose
2x V9 Tiger

Soon I will send off for sex testing on the Tentazione. In about a month's time I will flower the Tentazione males to pollinate every mutant in a glorious F1 seed run. It's highly likely that the females will go outside for the season. I'm also really really tempted on keeping a clone of each going for another round of F1s but with a completely different male. Haven't decided if that male is going to be a mutant or very select non-mutant but I have a while to think about it.

I have mutant males available from pretty much every mutant line I could want if I choose to germinate them..... the only problem is which to germinate when you have so many? Additionally I've been really itching to germinate the DragonsBlood Hashplant V2 seeds I acquired recently. The thought of blending my mutants with a red-sap male sounds excellent!

If people want I could list all my mutant seeds and see what sounds good. The thought of a Giant Pur Pur x ABC hybrid sounds fun.... haven't seen one of those yet. Could be fun?

crunkyeah

Veteran
It's been a while, time to update! Been extremely busy the last couple months. The next 6 will be about the same, busy busy...

I'll keep things short and sweet. I have 2 sets of flowering plants right now. The first are two V9 Tiger (same plant, each is a clone of the mom) which have been pollinated by a Black Rose IBL male. I have since removed him and now watch the seeds develop! Here they are:
IMG_7436.JPG IMG_7437.JPG IMG_7438.JPG

At the other location we have BerryFreak mixed in with 9 Tentazione. The main plan for these is just seeds and finding the good females. Pretty excited to see these develop because they're very similar to the Invictus I've grown previously. Smells are very loud and the plants seem to be a bit more robust. Here they are:
IMG_3963.jpeg IMG_3964.jpeg IMG_3965.jpeg IMG_3966.jpeg

I have taken clones from each Tentazione specimen so hopefully once this seed run is done I can do a bud run with the females.

crunkyeah

Veteran
The rest of my plants I have kicked outside. It does seem like I have a bit to learn. I don't have any organic nutrition except the dirt from the garden. Additionally it seems like at least half of them are attempting to flower. My hope is that in the next month as we get closer to summer solstice that they reveg and stay stable.

V9 Tiger mom:
IMG_7440.jpeg

Drunken Bastard F3:
IMG_7442.jpeg

Menthol Skunk (same plant, both are clones):
IMG_7441.jpeg

Multileaf (Mnogolistka):
IMG_7444.JPG IMG_7443.JPG IMG_7445.JPG

Giant Pur Pur:
IMG_7446.JPG

Redrum92

Whoa, I have never seen such a collection of unique plants in my life. Love it.

Are any of these your creations? Excuse my ignorance. That menthol skunk looks/sounds out of this world, is it Freakshow based? Has that same fern look

crunkyeah

Veteran
Thanks everyone for the support! At this time all of the mutants I've acquired have been bred and selected by others. I have plans for each mutant variety to outcross them and then work the line myself to reintroduce those recessive 'mutant' phenotypes. Will likely be my life's work so I'll be plugging away year after year.

Menthol Skunk is a sister strain to Freakshow. Long story short, the father worked the Freakshow line with a mutant male and his son made the BerryFreak and Menthol skunk lines with a select female.

@teide - I think you mean Lagkitan. ;) Fear not I have plans to work the Double Scorpion line next year, which is 50% Lagkitan and 50% Punto Rojo (grinspoon male phenotype). I also have some other really cool landraces to explore.

crunkyeah

Veteran
This is an update mostly as a timestamp of events for future me to not have to remember. Remember guys, when you like to smoke a lot it's extremely helpful if you make it easy to remember stuff in the future!

So about 5 days ago now I decided to germinate all 12 of my Snowhigh Devil's Malawi (May 25, 2023). I believe my timing and methods for germinating are on point. All 12 germinated even 2 stubborn ones I needed to pop the shell open for them to emerge. Here's what they look like literally 5 days from pre-soak.
IMG_7540.JPG

Here's the mutants as of last night:
IMG_7533.JPG