What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Zoom out 😇

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It still sounds like too much hard work for me. I'd love a little block of hash, but the return on work, esp at a time I'm loaded with bud, it never feels worth it. I'd like a little leaf dryer and tumbler unit. I'll never actually get round to getting one though.

mr.brunch

Veteran
It still sounds like too much hard work for me. I'd love a little block of hash, but the return on work, esp at a time I'm loaded with bud, it never feels worth it. I'd like a little leaf dryer and tumbler unit. I'll never actually get round to getting one though.
I know what you mean, it’s been a while since I made some myself- I used to make it every harvest, mainly to make cookies with as I can’t stomach canna butter.
Not really got the time for edibles these days though

Reactions: GMT

HalfArsedFarmer

Would you get into making butter?
As you say it's criminal. In the past I've not trimmed! It's mine why bother.

But I also understand circumstances.

I don't mind the time as I know the cost if I sourced it. And I like hash as it can be diff to the flower.

Still nothing nicer than sitting down to a pipe of your best grow from last year.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The only one I did consider, was water cure, followed by a milk extraction and into dark chocolate bars to make milk canna bars. But again, so long, so much work. I trim out of habit I suppose at this point. Some used to walk out the door, but not any more, so I should trim less, that's a very good and timely point. I have one trimmed in a jar, one cut and on a coat hanger, and the glue still in soil for a few more.
I'm going to trim less I think.

HalfArsedFarmer

I've lost days to trim jail.

IMO and this is just my opinion. You ruin some flower by over trimming them to get to that " appeal" level.

I've seen a few nice mechanical ones. I won't mention the brand in the open forum but I nearly pressed the buy button for £200. Nice stainless plates, leaser cut and sat on a bucket & ran via a cheap drill. Very eas to wash in an IPA bath for cleaning.

Trimm less, smoke more though is an argument I'm not going to try and dissuade you from.

HalfArsedFarmer

What's up lad hope you're still kicking..

I got a new toy the other day for the older folks like us...
It's X60 usb charging and a nice bright light.. save mes bending in with a jewelery loop...

Attachments

• 20240721_100018.jpg
    20240721_100018.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240721_100151.jpg
    20240721_100151.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Still shuffling along. I haven't touched the plants for a while, apart from watering. I'll sort the thread out with some updates when I get off my arse. I like your new toy a lot. Very handy, I'm relying on my phone to take photos and then trying to zoom in on details. It's not the same as having a good look around the plant in real time. I did nearly pull the trigger myself on an electric grinder. Only self control and healthy scepticism prevented me. You don't happen to know if those things work do you? I can't see small motors getting the power needed for dense dry buds.

The glue cross came down. I'm really shocked by the difference glue made to the cross. Much smaller, almost no stretch, less swelling to the buds, but far frostier. It needed a couple of weeks of drying to really be of value in a joint. I'm smoking it now, I'd tell you what it's like, but I keep napping after and can't really remember when I wake up 😁.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Electric grinders are good 👍 last one I got was far too cheap and shitty - button broke in around 2 weeks - but it only cost £6 so I guess I expected that.
I’ve had better ones in the past, and as long as you break the nugget into smaller bits first they work great.

HalfArsedFarmer

Good you to hear you're still of this mortal coil....

I got the glass off that well known Americal online store, the one that started out with just books.

I only use them when I have to.

As for grinders I've never had an electric one. Actually finding a quality manual one is getting tougher..

I will say the 60x is the bloody nuts! I can stand a plant on my little table and have a great look.

That G13 xOG blue b is really nice. Not knockout potent but a great way to end the day. Very relaxing, red eyes & a silly grin. Mad munchies too.. Had to buy extra fruit so I don't eat a load of shit.

As for the gorilla cross I'll sacrifice weight for what time is it any day!!

I'm actually looking at a drying machine ATM. Cold cure..

Pricey as he'll but it's so humid where I am to get quality terps can be a pain in the hole...

Be picking up my second Array 4 next so back up to 500W led. Be nice to have the two lights to move with the crop...
Saliva and indica in one room..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I was hoping to do as little as possible really. At the moment I'm using scissors to slice thin slithers off buds into joints. Works nicely, but still a pain. I'm looking to spend about £50 on something half decent that'll last a good year. I've seen one that looks like a pen, but I'm not sure it even fits, what we would consider, a joints worth in it. Ah well, as with so many other things, I'll add it to the "wait till it's invented" list.

That G13 gives it's descendants a certain something. Just makes everything so chill.

Anyway, a drying machine? What's wrong with coat hangers? I know what you mean about humidity, but is it really that bad?

What sat have you got your eye on?

HalfArsedFarmer

It's not that bad mate but it can take a month or more with assistance via heating tubes and dehumidifier in a tent. Yesterday was 22c & 88% RH outside.

But I want it now as Veruca Salt once uttered!!

I'm looking at Cannatrol model for 2.5k it can hold 1kg of wet and have it ready in a week.... It keeps the whiff to a min and I can get it in the groove bags for storage.

• Haha

Latest posts

Latest posts