What's new

Zamaldelica Breeders Pack pheno hunt 🥭🥕

OZZ_

Veteran
A lot of brown pistils on the elites I wonder why. Thai-leaner looks amazing.

I don’t know for sure…. But I had a mini pollen chuck going on out in the garage earlier on and had a Green Honduras male out there pollinating my platinum Kush Breath mom …. and it’s possible I didn’t get things isolated enough and pollen got into the house and into my grow room. So these Zammys may be pollinated by a Green Honduras Haze male accidentally. A bit of a bummer…. But either way the grow still serves its purpose as a pheno hunt. I still get to see the plants smell their terps and get smoke samples to determine which plant(s) to hold back for a second run to their full potential. … that said I don’t know that they’ve been pollinated but that could be.

Mini pollen chuck thread here:

Thread 'Platinum Kush Breath x Green Honduras Haze micro seed run experiment'
https://www.icmag.com/threads/plati...uras-haze-micro-seed-run-experiment.18126025/

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
I don’t know for sure…. But I had a mini pollen chuck going on out in the garage earlier on and had a Green Honduras male out there pollinating my platinum Kush Breath mom …. and it’s possible I didn’t get things isolated enough and pollen got into the house and into my grow room. So these Zammys may be pollinated by a Green Honduras Haze male accidentally. A bit of a bummer…. But either way the grow still serves its purpose as a pheno hunt. I still get to see the plants smell their terps and get smoke samples to determine which plant(s) to hold back for a second run to their full potential. … that said I don’t know that they’ve been pollinated but that could be.

Mini pollen chuck thread here:

Thread 'Platinum Kush Breath x Green Honduras Haze micro seed run experiment'
https://www.icmag.com/threads/plati...uras-haze-micro-seed-run-experiment.18126025/

Woah typos galore sorry brother that was painful to read and barely legible haha. It’s fixed now my bad.

Ncali

Veteran
I am so very interested how the Thai leaners turn out
The zamal elites look amazing. I hope they aren't pollinated, maybe go through a couple reflowers.... I just want her to finish beautifully for you. Tuned in....

OZZ_

Veteran
I am so very interested how the Thai leaners turn out
The zamal elites look amazing. I hope they aren't pollinated, maybe go through a couple reflowers.... I just want her to finish beautifully for you. Tuned in....

Thanks brother! Some of those photos are a little misleading, all three elites are maturing irregularly. Some colas have nearly all pistils matured….. some are no where close…. Some have matured and are pushing reflowerings…. All on the same plant. I have a feeling they are going to reflower. Seems like several already have but I’ll try to get new pics mañana 🤘🤘🤘

Regardless they are all beautiful. Gorgeous plants, great smells …. Carrot Catpiss and elite #1 already have won me over but of course gotta smoke test them.

I’d be glad to send samples of all four your way dude, I could definitely use the second opinion, just let me know 👊👊👊

Learning from my Malawi, I have pulled back EC slightly to 1.65-1.7. Will target 1.7 for the next few weeks I was at 1.8 EC and I have a feeling that might have been pushing them a little too much. There’s only minimal tip burn to be seen on any of them, but their foilage is definitely a dark dark green signaling high N… yet no obvious clawing. I’ve always grown my satties is soil previously, so there’s a learning curve Im going through right now for sure, but the potential is there…. I’m loving what I’m seeing in coco I just need to make a few more tweaks.

Slightly lesser EC and on the following satty runs I’m going to rework my ratios so there’s less N also as I do think I’m N heavy.

I’m not seeing obvious signs of pollination yet but the plants in the other tent in the same room got lightly hit so there’s no reason to think these guys won’t be also.

Overall they look great imo, just maybe a little too dark green and @goingrey …. the elite phenos do seem to be maturing rapidly, but plants in my setup always do mature faster it seems. Today is week 8, I’m guessing these elite phenos will finish around 10-11 weeks, the Thai leaner may go easily 12-14 it seems …. ACEs website says 11-14 weeks so I think they will fit into that window with the elites potentially finishing a tad early at ten but they are reflowering too so we will see

When do the elite phenos tend to finish? 10-11 weeks seems reasonable I’m assuming?

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 62

Unfortunately it does in fact look like the tent got hit with pollen, I am not sure if it was the Zamal A plant, or the Green Honduras Haze male from my pollen chuck project out in the garage that I failed to isolate properly ….. or even possibly a combination of both…. But the plants are clearly developing **SOME** seeds with Elite pheno #2 which seems to have gotten hit the most. Since this was a pheno hunt I will be leaning on the smoke tests to select my keeper(s), I am unsure how much this may or may not affect the effects of the flowers. Will I still be able to use the smoke tests to determine which I keep? Or maybe it will be necessary to run these four plants again while I’m not trying to pollen chuck lol.

Obviously being seeded will effect yields, resins, and overall flower quality….. but will it affect the actual effects of the flowers to a point that I cannot determine which plants are best? I’m not sure.

Anyway here they are at day 62, still looking nice.

IMG_8023.jpeg

Elite pheno #1

Still has about 50% immature pistils still depending on which cola you look at. Nice bright red pistils. Doesn’t seem to be heavily pollinated

IMG_8024.jpeg

IMG_8026.jpeg

IMG_8034.jpeg

IMG_8033.jpeg

Elite pheno #2

This one seems to have gotten pollinated the most, and seems completely finished. 100% pistil maturation snd Trichs show a fair amount of Amber…. Maybe 10-15%. We are only at 9 weeks tomorrow. I’m unsure if the accidental pollination(s) have resulted in a faster ripening time or not? She has a monster stem in her though!

IMG_8028.jpeg

IMG_8032.jpeg

IMG_8031.jpeg

IMG_8035.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Elite pheno #3

The low profile compact, but heavy yielding pheno. Also seems to be about as far along as #1 with around 50% immature pistils still. Not seeing much signs of pollination on her either but of course I’m sure bith #1 and this girl #3 have been at least lightly hit.

IMG_8025.jpeg

IMG_8027.jpeg

Thai/GT pheno…. Not seeing any signs at all of being pollinated, but again if one of the plants got hit then they all likely at least got a little. She is just starting to turn her pistils…. Maybe 10-20% so far. The pollinations are a huge bummer, I have been waiting forever to do this run. Hopefully I can still make some determinations on which plants are the best from smoke tests. If not, then I’ll just re-run these four plants once again with no pollen being anywhere in the house 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

IMG_8030.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Interesting question, do the best seeded buds come from the same plant as the best seedless buds... I don't know but I think it would be the same.

That’s my thinking also, if so … then this run still serves its intended purpose and I should still be able to determine the best plants. Of course with the understanding that once grown out without pollination the flowers will just be that much better 🤙🤙🤙

Ncali

Veteran
I think you'll be able to pick put anyone who stands above in quality. In past similar situations I've always grown my favorite few sensimilla to get a good smoke test. All the best brother, they still look gorgeous.

OZZ_

Veteran
I think you'll be able to pick put anyone who stands above in quality. In past similar situations I've always grown my favorite few sensimilla to get a good smoke test. All the best brother, they still look gorgeous.

Thanks dude… I’m flushing elite #2 now… she’s very early for the strain I would think but I’m sure the pollination contributed to that. Regardless she’s done… all Pistils are fully matured for awhile now and Amber trichs are fairly present. Time to pull her. I’ve had her on plain RO for a few days and will continue until mayve Wednesday then chop time permitting.

Will start flushing the others now I think and look to take them at 10- 10.5 or maybe 11 weeks. Thai/GT leaner will likely need 12-13 weeks she looks like

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Elite phenos are getting chopped one by one. I took down elite #2 a few days ago, was very short on time so did not get pics.

This morning I took down elite #1leqving only elite #3 and the Thai/GT pheno left in the tent to finish. I still can’t upload photos but I’ll get them put up as soon as the site allows 👍👍👍

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest of your elite leaning phenos @OZZ_ :D Great looking flowers for your first run with them :yes: The elite leaning phenos (like your 3 ones) like to grow short and wide (Zamal A trait), finishing in less than 10 weeks from clone, with medium sized, but dense, resinous flowers looking very much like yours, robust pistils with a distinctive reddish-orangy tone that is quite easy to recognize (outdoors), and with refined and complex sweet-fruity-floral terpene profiles. These are the type of plants i would look for within the elite line.

The Thai leaner is a recessive expression and goes to the opposite side of Zamaldelica genetic spectrum, that is towards Malawi/Thai (Golden Tiger), therefore has a taller structure, longer flowering, better yields, although maybe she still got the terps more from elite mother rather than classic GTs which are usually woodier, more rude-Malawi style. Mind blowing Thai dom expressions are very easy to select from classic GT 2 or Golden Tiger 3 Thai dom. I agree with you, your Thai leaner looks indeed very much like GT3.

OZZ_

Veteran
Congrats on the harvest of your elite leaning phenos @OZZ_ :D Great looking flowers for your first run with them :yes: The elite leaning phenos (like your 3 ones) like to grow short and wide (Zamal A trait), finishing in less than 10 weeks from clone, with medium sized, but dense, resinous flowers looking very much like yours, robust pistils with a distinctive reddish-orangy tone that is quite easy to recognize (outdoors), and with refined and complex sweet-fruity-floral terpene profiles. These are the type of plants i would look for within the elite line.

The Thai leaner is a recessive expression and goes to the opposite side of Zamaldelica genetic spectrum, that is towards Malawi/Thai (Golden Tiger), therefore has a taller structure, longer flowering, better yields, although maybe she still got the terps more from elite mother rather than classic GTs which are usually woodier, more rude-Malawi style. Mind blowing Thai dom expressions are very easy to select from classic GT 2 or Golden Tiger 3 Thai dom. I agree with you, your Thai leaner looks indeed very much like GT3.

Thanks for the confirmation and information it is extremely helpful when trying to make my selections.

Elite #3 is coming down tonight/tomorrow then I’ll get them dried, trimmed and cured and smoke testing will begin.

I’m very interested in mind blowing phenos lmao…. I’ll be holding onto this Thai/GT girl then and I guess I better pencil in a GT hunt at some point too and compare her against those plants.

Smoke tests and further pic updates will be uploaded here when the site gets its server back up and running 👍👍👍

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey! Looks like they got the server fixed!

Chopped elite #1 the other day so that leaves elite #3 and the Thai/GT pheno

IMG_8131.jpeg

Here’s some Elite #1 flower shots

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8127.jpeg

IMG_8128.jpeg

….. and here’s the Thai/GT pheno looking wonderful at 70 days on the dot. Maybe 3-4 more weeks to go I’m guessing

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8134.jpeg

IMG_8135.jpeg

IMG_8136.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Very nice! That almost inspires me to do a Zamaldelica pheno hunt, but my plate is more than full, i already have more planned than i have space to run

Thanks Keif! It certainly was a fun run and I learned a lot from it, accidental pollination aside it worked well as a preliminary run to select phenotypes. Will be running the winners again for sure and will need to run the seed from the Zamal/Thai line out of the breeders pack too 🤘🤘🤘

Keif Cake

Veteran
Thanks Keif! It certainly was a fun run and I learned a lot from it, accidental pollination aside it worked well as a preliminary run to select phenotypes. Will be running the winners again for sure and will need to run the seed from the Zamal/Thai line out of the breeders pack too 🤘🤘🤘
You're very welcome. I haven't read through the whole thread, so these are from the breeders pack, very interesting! Will be following along for sure

OZZ_

Veteran
You're very welcome. I haven't read through the whole thread, so these are from the breeders pack, very interesting! Will be following along for sure

Welcome aboard!

Elite #1 got trimmed up and put into jars today, she has DEFINITELY turned fruity. Very fruity-floral. Really really nice terps on her just delicious sweet tropical fruit and flowers.

Elite #3 got cut down today, MAN WHAT A CHUNKER.

Heavy heavy branches full of bud. Very impressive plant.

IMG_8201.jpeg

And that leaves the entire 4x4 all to Thai/GT beauty. Soaking up all that reflective side lighting now, I have cut back on her nitrogen on this res and on the next res will step it down once more while keeping her at 1.6 EC

IMG_8204.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts