Your Favorite ENERGY DRINK!!!

Your Favorite ENERGY DRINK!!!

• Redbull

Votes: 41 29.1%
  • Rockstar

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • No Fear

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Sobe Adrenaline(or other sobe energy drinks)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • Crunk Juice

• Hundrid Racks

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Hyphy Juice

• Go Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK energy drinks!

Votes: 53 37.6%

• Total voters
energy drinks are krap'...sugar and synthetic bs is not good for you...on the other hand nothing like a shot of redbull and yaeger to livin' up the evening

SkareCrow

img_6656.jpg

thats the car i worked on would be working for em again on the east coast event if i didn't get busted but alas my legal troubles make in impossible

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/watchvideo/formula-d-long-beach-chris-forsberg-wins

vid of the team

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I selected the final poll option, if you need an energy drink to keep doing a couple or three more hours of windshield time on an extended road journy then that's fine, if you're drinking this shit every day because you're too tired to keep going then change your diet & get more sleep. I can only opine from my own personal experiences but in days gone by (some as recently as 4 yrs ago) I worked as many hours as possible in any one job I had and/or worked 2 or 3 jobs to be able to forge ahead. Yeah I'll admit to starting nearly every day with a couple of cups of coffee but I never felt the need for afternoon or midshift 'pick me ups' of any sort. I got a good night sleep before starting work and tried to eat low fat meals as fatty foods tend to tire me out more than energizing me. As a trucker and always being short on time I know it's unavoidable to pass up on a McD's or BK for a fast meal on the go, so do what you gotta do but try not to live off those energy drinks.

:yeahthats
fo soh...when I was in the army, I saw lots of cats get REALLLY sick from too many energy drinks. That shit will f.u.c.k your insides up bad man...
I drink juice and water mostly, so when I need a pick me up, simple Dr Pepper will do!
good vibes

N

NOYB

good black tea is just the best
Black tea has much less caffeine than green tea...just like dark roast coffee has less caffeine than lighter roasts.

I saw that Reed's has an energy drink out now called Natural Energy Elixir and for the 'natural' folks looks rockin.

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
ok must confess im killing my insides with redbull..

BUT there is this arab store downtown..they sell this one energy/death drink and i cant remember what they are called, but i looked it up online and they are banned in the us lol..anyway before I knew this my buddy is like yeah man try them, we will chug em together. So we do and it was poison man!! I have never put something into my body like that!! it made every inch of my skin burn, like prickles or pins and needles...We were doing a job in the sun and I thought I was dieing, i wanted to kill him and hes dieing laughing. Crazy shit man I have no idea what was in it but Ill never put something in my body unless I half-assed know exactly what it is.:joint:

mexweed

Veteran
gotta go with redbull, it has the least "crap" in it, I was getting the monster juice but it has sucralose in addition to the sugar, I also like that they offer small cans of it

I drink it infrequently enough that when I do it's a legitimate stimulant

there have been some interesting discoveries recently, first sucralose damages DNA, second taurine is actually really good for you

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Red Bull? Gives me (and it seems most folks) wings of ODOR for 2-3 days. Disgusting, still rank immediately after showering and reaching for a towel kind of gross.

As for some of the ingredients in most of those...

Sucralose: definitely unhealthy, and a molecule your body doesn't seem to know what to do with.

Corn Syrup/Fructose(almost always from corn): Definitely not healthy and should only be consumed as a 'treat' less than a few times a month.

Inositol/VitaminB8: AWESOME stuff, except they don't usually use high quality versions in drinks.

Caffeine: Trash, because excepting a few instances it's all synthetic caffeine which is definitely not a healthy choice for daily intake.

Natural Flavor: Avoid anything with this in the ingredient list until the 'legal' list of allowed ingredients is changed. There are many chemicals you do not want to ingest which are allowed to be listed as a 'natural' ingredient. Energy drink mfgs have been known to add additional caffeine above the listed amount on the can, and they can legally do so by referring to it as one of the 'natural flavors.' While this is good for energy drink companies (gives it an extra kick vs. competition with the same labeled caffeine content), it's definitely not a good thing when companies use other allowed chemicals which affect your health.

Potassium Sorbate/Polysorbate-60/Polysorbate-80: Avoid these like the plague unless you like increased issues with chrons, leaky gut, logic and emotional stability (Ever meet a Karen?), or cancer and neurotoxins passing through your blood brain barrier and ending up in your brain tissue. I have pdf's of studies going back to the 70's on sorbates, and they were done waaaaaaay before the prolific use of it in soaps, shampoos, lotions, foods, vitamins and who knows what else in society today.

Personally I use coffee or caffeine extracted from green tea for caffeine. I also use a high quality myo-inositol and vitamin C in pure form. You're getting ripped off of your health and money when you consume energy drinks regularly.

Good luck!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Black tea is best consumed as kombucha and is not exactly the healthiest without fermentation of some kind.

The way I understand it... at some point tea was shipped in bales in the holds of hot/humid ships. During transit the outer layers of tea leaves would oxidize (turn black). The black outer leaves were stripped and the inner green bales were sold. Initially the black leaves were tossed, until someone noticed the sailors regularly consuming them in their own tea.

Some genius figured out you can take sub-par tea leaves and oxidize them, which does a great job of hiding the fact they're lower quality. Now we have a massive variety of pre-oxidized teas to choose from.

I love kombucha!! :)