What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
They look nice N.R

So after the plant changes sex you have to collect the fem pollen off it or will it sex itself

My auto snowryder finally changed and has balls all over it but their seems to be barely any flowers for her to sex herself

Use the pollen to shag an identical clone of itself...an identical healthy female.

Buddaluva

Oh i see

I thought the plant you sprayed would pollinate herself with the fem pollen and you would get fem beans off the same plant you spray ,

So the plant you spray is only to get fem pollen from and then use the fem pollen on her clone or another female

Much thanks H.C

benzo

hey, super awesome thread Pheno. one of the most, if not thee most, beneficial thread on icmag. being able to save precious strains in seed form is the greatest thing ever!

anyways, quick couple questions for anyone willing to help me out...

1. which adapter out of these two would you chose? (or should I look for a better one??)
picture.php

2. I want to flower out some clones for strictly for seeds. I have a gdp strain from harborside that I ran outdoor. I love it and want to keep it for future use for when I have a legit , safe indoor location.

How little lumens/watts can I use to flower out a couple clones for seed making purposes? I have a crap load of cfls, and 2 , 2 bulb 4 ft long floros. I also have a 150, 600,and 1k. I rather use the cfls/floros but if they wont suffice ill up the wattage.

thanks in advance!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did you start spraying while they were still in veg state or were they flipped when you began spraying them?
Thanks

If you scroll the last pages of this thread you'll find more infos about what I did. However I start spraying like 20 days after the switch to 12\12.
So the reversed clone has not enough time to pollinate and let the females make seeds in the same run, and I have to flowering some new clones to make seeds.

1. which adapter out of these two would you chose? (or should I look for a better one??)

I'm pretty sure both adapters are ok. Higher the output voltage and ampere value, faster you'll obtain CS.

However I would use the less potent, as maybe, low voltage is better because it doesn't give so much power to electrolysis and Ag atoms fail to reach the other electrode, more than using higher voltages.

How little lumens/watts can I use to flower out a couple clones for seed making purposes?

I think you should ask yourself: how many seeds I want to make?

If you need few seeds, a couple of CFLs for a total of 100W will make hundred or few hundred of seeds if everything's ok. More W = more seeds, as the flowers do.

:wave:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I

I think you should ask yourself: how many seeds I want to make?

If you need few seeds, a couple of CFLs for a total of 100W will make hundred or few hundred of seeds if everything's ok. More W = more seeds, as the flowers do.

:wave:

I'm currently finishing some seed clones in my south windows. It's winter here of course, so the days are short, but the plants seem to love the sun (free lumens), and are nice Ornamentals, as well. lol

jump117

Veteran

Separately sticking bananas look impressive, but are a bit dry.

More productive are loose flowers that are falling apart.

If you remove them with tweezers on time, neighboring get more space and a chance to mature.

After each act of collecting the mature flowers, I sprayed the buds.

This supports male hormones until the complete end of flowering, and provide maximum yield of pollen.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you remove them with tweezers on time, neighboring get more space and a chance to mature.

After removed the first bananas batch, do you store them or use directly on target female flowers?

After each act of collecting the mature flowers, I sprayed the buds.

This supports male hormones until the complete end of flowering, and provide maximum yield of pollen.

I'm still spraying each day and everything is going fine. Tonight I'll try to open some bananas and se if there is pollen, and if yes I start to pollinate the female target clones to make S1.

This thread is just epic :thank you:

jump117

Veteran
Here you can see several types of flowers.
The most productive are such as in the center and on the right.
There are already visible on your pictures.

Here is the difference in productivity.
Loose flowers are easy to open and give the pollen
and dense bananas remain intact.

After removed the first bananas batch, do you store them or use directly on target female flowers?

I cleaned the pollen from the fiber, slightly dried and stored in a glass vial in the refrigerator.
In the experiment sequentially was attended by several plants, each of which,
on the treated branches produce pollen
and female flowers on untreated branches were pollinated and grown fem-seeds.

Buddaluva

This is crazy idk whats going on

Last batch i made i used the 9v battery but this time im using a switchable 18 / 24 v adapter

I put my volt meter to it and the 18 reads right at 20 and the 24 reads at 28

Anyway the ppm of the distilled water was zero , now its at 3 ppm but its been sitting their for 2 days now so its going very slowly and idk why

i went ahead and put my mason jar on a heating pad to see if it helps anything because some of the youtube vids i seen they were making the c.s on the stove using the heat ( Idk if adding heat helps or not )

But 2 days and its only at 3 ppm and my distilled water is still crystal clear

Im just confused right now ugh :confused:

DSC00925_zps85d0b2fb.jpg

DSC00926_zps79cc1f67.jpg

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
High Country,
True that, but we still have much to learn :)

Buddaluva,
quite simply you have no electrolysis going on, so the issue is probably with the rig itself - if you have a multimeter (or friend with) you can test that

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Just a guess, but does your silver have any sort of a coating on it? Like a wax or polycoat.
Seems like your surface for electro, is limited?

I'm of course assuming, that your power is active.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
2 Legal Co, it's always good to think outside of the box :) BUT, even if he was using a dodgy "wannabe-silver" metal it would still conduct electricity to some extent which would produce at least NOTICEABLE visual effects, so i cannot see the medium (the metal or composite alloy) being the issue here ...

Buddaluva seems to be getting no electrolysis despite having a metallic medium, so my money would be on there's an issue with his rig itself unfortunately (the colloidal silver generator itself, which would be disappointing because it looks like he's made a very slick CS generator complete with alligator clips and I take my hat off for a nice piece of engineering -- a CS generator without alligator clips is like a hamburger without pickles ... nice, but not as nice as it could be :) )

btw a multimeter is all thats required to test its health/viability

Last edited:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
2 Legal Co, it's always good to think outside of the box :) BUT, even if he was using a dodgy "wannabe-silver" metal it would still conduct electricity to some extent which would produce at least NOTICEABLE visual effects, so i cannot see the medium (the metal or composite alloy) being the issue here ...

Buddaluva seems to be getting no electrolysis despite having a metallic medium, so my money would be on there's an issue with his rig itself unfortunately (the colloidal silver generator itself, which would be disappointing because it looks like he's made a very slick CS generator complete with alligator clips and I take my hat off for a nice piece of engineering -- a CS generator without alligator clips is like a hamburger without pickles ... nice, but not as nice as it could be :) )

btw a multimeter is all thats required to test its health/viability

Sorry, I thought that there was a 'minimal' increase in PPM initially. Which to me would indicate a start of electrolysis, such as cut ends, that then tapered off. Perhaps the ends became coated?

I've had little to do with plating 1st hand. Observed some musical instrument plating 2nd hand, years ago. There has to be something simple,,, it's not that complex.

Buddaluva

The silver is good its the .9999 i got it from atlas nova

Iv made 1 batch with it already using the 9v batteries

I think its the adapter , even though the volt meter is reading the volts for some reason its just not working

Iv hooked it back up to the batteries and its working again i can see the silver leaching off it

So i guess i will just get another adapter when i can and try it again , so until then i will just have to stick with the batteries

Thanks for the help fellas

2 Legal Co

Veteran
If I was to guess (and I am), I'd say that the current/amps from the transformer is/are too low. So you read volts, but not enough power to flow across/through the water. The water is only a semi-conducter.