What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry, dont mean to rip this thread but i have a quick question for you guys. so I received a 32oz. Glass bottle of Kornax Colloidal Silver that is 400ppm from a friend mine...

How much should I dilute this stuff?
I know 400ppm is pretty potent from what i've been reading.

thanks in advance~

I read a lot of people go around 40ppm, so I would just diluite it with pure water 1:9. One part CS and nine parts water.

H

HighBurn8

thanks noreason. thats the answer i was looking for. going to be reversing one of my whites and one of my stardawgs to make some S1's and a couple crosses with my Jedi...all good things to come :)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
400ppm!?!?
src: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver ...
Such products with concentrations of 30 parts per million (ppm) or less are typically manufactured using an electrolysis process, whereas those with higher concentrations of 50 ppm or more are usually silver compounds that have been bound with a protein.

In other words we can't create anything near 400ppm CS simply by using the electrolysis method that this thread revolves around.

This poses further questions ... is 400ppm CS still as effective at that potency? Is it more potent? Is it more effective than STS/GA/etc? Which protein is it bound to? just to name a few :) ... dilution poses a few questions also!

Last edited:

groovee

Here is the label for Kornax.
Ingredients: Ionic Silver (600 parts per million = 3mg/tsp. = 9mg/tbl.), Purified Water

Would this even work if diluted?

Buddaluva

The last bit of my .999 silver wire dissolved making up my last batch ( Which was around 33ppm )

Unfortunately the female i was gonna use her on wont be ready to spray for about 3 1/2 to 4 more weeks

Will the c.s solution still be good to use 4 weeks from now ? Does c.s even have a certain self life ?

I have it in a mason jar in my dresser drawer to keep out the dark

Thanks in advance fellas

H

HighBurn8

400ppm!?!?
src: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver ...

In other words we can't create anything near 400ppm CS simply by using the electrolysis method that this thread revolves around.

This poses further questions ... is 400ppm CS still as effective at that potency? Is it more potent? Is it more effective than STS/GA/etc? Which protein is it bound to? just to name a few :) ... dilution poses a few questions also!

Well, after speaking more to the person who gifted me the C/S, here is what they had to say.

".....There's enough in that bottle (if it's still full) to last a lifetime. Friend got it from the 'maker' along with the machine to make more. This is the homemade batch and is much stronger than the 400, but without a tester, i dunno where it sits. I'd use multiple girls and dilute to different strengths, sorta do a test run.

I'd think that if you have three or four good quart size spray bottles, with differing dilutions, each matched to it's gals by label or color code or something, that would be wonderful. Then, i'd spray each gal a bit...each for a different amount of days.

Say, if you had three girls for each spray bottle, spray one for a few days, one for a week, one right up to she turns male....or something like that.

Anyway, i'm thinking this is maybe over a thousand ppm... Friend let the machine work overnight, so it's a stout bottle, lol.

Whatever you do, be sure to keep the bottle in a dark cool place and you should be okay for a lifetime...

wish that i could use it, but that might be years down the road. The stuff is really easy to make, tho. Just some pure silver and a 'tens' machine and electrical leads and there ya go...

good luck....."

Now, after I read that it was maybe over 1000 ppm I just had to check for myself. ... and here are the results. They weren't kidding!!!!

Now I'm curious if this will even work if I dilute it to 20/1 ratio or somethinf like that??? lol

Attachments

• Colloiadal Silver 002.jpg
    Colloiadal Silver 002.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Colloiadal Silver 003.jpg
    Colloiadal Silver 003.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Colloiadal Silver 004.jpg
    Colloiadal Silver 004.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Colloiadal Silver 005.jpg
    Colloiadal Silver 005.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22

Buddaluva

The last bit of my .999 silver wire dissolved making up my last batch ( Which was around 33ppm )

Unfortunately the female i was gonna use her on wont be ready to spray for about 3 1/2 to 4 more weeks

Will the c.s solution still be good to use 4 weeks from now ? Does c.s even have a certain self life ?

I have it in a mason jar in my dresser drawer to keep out the dark

Thanks in advance fellas

Bump

Anyone ?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Baddaluva yes it'll be fine. There is some dispute in this thread over whether or not CS is photosensitive, but to avoid taking any chances with that simply keep your CS stored in a dark place (it's no more difficult!). The CS itself should remain viable for many years, although fresh is surely best :)

aligee

Veteran
get the four nine (.9999) its the best i just ordered some ,previously i used a silver dollar coin cut in half but it takes forever to make 40 ppm starting with 0ppm distilled water maybe its too thick idk ..., i also read tds,ppm,ec is not readable but i dont believe that as i measure my cs to check the ppm as it rises, never know with those pre bottled cs solutions that are widely available you can add alot of something to raise ppm of solution so diy to find out, ive read bought the protein added also lots of decent info out there, Cabron has a nice tried and proven method here on IC...

Buddaluva

What about other feminisation techniques?

1) STRESS
Stress can trigger a female to throw off a few bananas, and techniques such as "light poisoning" can be used. This requires that the plant is susceptible to hermaphroditism, and doesn't work with all strains. Resulting offspring used from the feminised pollen may exhibit hermaphroditic tendencies.

If i have a plant that is NOT susceptible to hermaphroditism how much light exposure do you think it would take to stress it enough to hermi ?

Should i just take it out and let it sit in room light for an hour or 2 and put her back in the dark ?

Could i just keep her in a separate area and have the timer set to cut on for 5 or 10 mins to each hour of darkness during 12/12 ?

Im still gonna use the c.s i just want to try it out also with the stress so i can still smoke the bud afterwards :smoke:

Thanks in advance fellas

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If i have a plant that is NOT susceptible to hermaphroditism how much light exposure do you think it would take to stress it enough to hermi ?

Should i just take it out and let it sit in room light for an hour or 2 and put her back in the dark ?

Could i just keep her in a separate area and have the timer set to cut on for 5 or 10 mins to each hour of darkness during 12/12 ?

Im still gonna use the c.s i just want to try it out also with the stress so i can still smoke the bud afterwards :smoke:

Thanks in advance fellas

Those plants wich show hermie stress with light exposure are carrying a sequence of genes in the DNA wich tell to create ''male'' pollen to survive (with offspring) to weird environmental factors.
These (unknown) genes could be activated more easily in a plant than another, no one can tell before seeing the phenotypic traits.

Well, my two cents are that plants with hermie traits (unless they come from chemical exposure) should not be used to create female seeds, or regular too for a great work.
I mean, if I could I'll sprout 10000 seeds and stress'em whole. The ones wich do not show hermie traits are the ones to keep and work on with selection.
This insure, or at least should, that the offspring will be hermie-free, even with stressed plants, especially if we're talking about self pollinating...

I just ordered these 2 10 gauge 9999 silver wires -- http://www.atlasnova.com/SilverWire610.htm

Will they work as good as the 999 ?

Thy're just fine.

.9999 is probably even purer than .999

Probably this one is my last post of the year. Let's go trim the flowers and smoke some fatty ones.

:wave:

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I just ordered these 2 10 gauge 9999 silver wires -- http://www.atlasnova.com/SilverWire610.htm
Will they work as good as the 999 ?

.9999 is slightly more pure than .999 (.9990) ..... clearly not by much, but avoidance of such impurities can be very important in some lines of work (computer hardware etc) ... but fortunately for our needs we don't have to worry about that. :)

Both .999 and .9999 will work perfectly fine for our purposes regarding colloidal silver (even 99% pure silver should be fine), but yes your .9999 silver wires are ideal and should in theory be slightly better than its .999 equivalent, but not in any noticeable way for us as CS brewers.

Happy New Year and best of luck for a good CS brew!

B

blue green

Trimming off too many roots has caused a couple of my males to grow some pistils...

I don't know if that would work for females aswell?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
bluegreen: interesting .... but why are you trimming roots anyway? if its causing your females to throw off pistils then yes this would be a form of stress-invoked feminised pollen (tho how viable the pollen is is another matter).

I don't think root-trimming has been mentioned once so far in this thread before? It could prove an interesting angle of attack in regards to forcing pollen (it's a forced + proactive approach at least, so if it does work it would have several benefits over say ... 'Rhodelization' where you just wait for the plant to enter old age), but very few people trim cannabis roots so there's hardly any info about it ... so, please keep us updated, and a happy new year to you :)

But trimming roots... again, I ask you - why? ... and it seems like it could be easy to go a bit over-the-top and trim too many roots and simply kill the plant.

My mind remains open but I'm not placing any bets on this one. :)

B

blue green

I just had some males and females in one pot, and i pulled the males out, which tore off some of the roots...

I trimmed the roots back even further, and then put them in their own pots. After a couple of weeks they grew female pistils aswell, which grew seeds also.

I haven't tried it with any females.