What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

:thank you: :groupwave:

Phenomenal, all I can say is wow! one of the best threads on ICmag. someone said this, but CS and fem seeds can play a major roll in freeing the weed!

also this can be a major help to breeding as a way to stablize a trait into a strain. example plant A is tall, a good yeilder while plant B is short, poor yeilder, but an awsome smell. you could breed for yeild and smell with male and females for an F1, then use CS and female pollen to balance hight. very simple example of how many doors lie unopened

CFP65

Just a little update from me
the project is now over, and this is what i did.

i tried out 2 different solutions, STS commercial grade,
the STS comercial grade is a product stating that it contains 8% Sodium Silver Thiosulfate, and making a 1,25gr - 1Liter of water should hit the 100mg level thats recommend by vaious papers.
unfortunately i got this STS a bit late in the process, eg. 5 days into 12/12 and stopped spraying after a week after the first female flowers had appeared, the plant that was sprayed "until runoff" stopped growing and 5 weeks after it started making male and female flowers that would not open, but eventually they did after 10 weeks and produced pollen but not much, anyways it came to late.

the CS was made with a 12V DC and two silver dollars "Fine Silver" from the local old-coins salesman. and demineralised water from the local supermarket, to start with i had the CS "cooking" for 12hours and started spraying "untill runoff" 10 days before 12/12 but it did not seem to do anything so i gradually stepped up the treatment, letting the CS stew cook for another 12 hours, and finally ending up with making a 5litre CS solution that was cooking 24/7 (it was black)
and instead of spraying simply dipping the whole plant - minus the pot in this, while the 12V current was on.
this i did for 10 days prior to 12/12 and continued 10 days into 12/12
stopping as the CS plants got really crinkled up and i was scared that they would die. i then washed down the plants in tapwater and let them flower out, and 17 days after this was down the first male flowers opened and here i had to manually pollinate the females, 7 days after these first openings the CS plants was 100% turned into males, they started their show of opening big time dusting the whole room, making all pistills go brown in 3 days.
so bigtime pollination, only two drawbacks, the pollination came app. 10 days to late (better timing next time), and at the end app. 14 days before the total ripening of the seeds i had a glitch int the watering scedule, drying out the plants 95% so only the first manually pollinated seeds is really mature.

another couriosity is that some 100 seeds are double or like two seeds grown into one, definately freaks
tw-femmed-freak-seeds.jpg

Last edited:

cannablitzd

correct me if im wrong but this seems like something monsanto would b into doing. i mean ur kind of ruining the plants abillity to flourish in the wild as it wouldnt b able to creat male plants. or does this only effect the first generation

I am kind of ruining my plants ability to flourish in the wild anyway, as I keep any seeds I have in the fridge and there is no way for them to escape to the outdoors!

To answer your question though, yes this only affects the first generation, which will NOT be producing male balls/pollen, unless they were being sprayed with collodial silver too. Of course if there was only female plants in the wild then nature would throw out a few hermies to ensure the survival of the plants. There would also be the chance that pollen from another area would be carried to the plants by the wind or insects.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a little update from me
the project is now over, and this is what i did.

i tried out 2 different solutions, STS commercial grade,
the STS comercial grade is a product stating that it contains 8% Sodium Silver Thiosulfate, and making a 1,25gr - 1Liter of water should hit the 100mg level thats recommend by vaious papers.
unfortunately i got this STS a bit late in the process, eg. 5 days into 12/12 and stopped spraying after a week after the first female flowers had appeared, the plant that was sprayed "until runoff" stopped growing and 5 weeks after it started making male and female flowers that would not open, but eventually they did after 10 weeks and produced pollen but not much, anyways it came to late.

the CS was made with a 12V DC and two silver dollars "Fine Silver" from the local old-coins salesman. and demineralised water from the local supermarket, to start with i had the CS "cooking" for 12hours and started spraying "untill runoff" 10 days before 12/12 but it did not seem to do anything so i gradually stepped up the treatment, letting the CS stew cook for another 12 hours, and finally ending up with making a 5litre CS solution that was cooking 24/7 (it was black)
and instead of spraying simply dipping the whole plant - minus the pot in this, while the 12V current was on.
this i did for 10 days prior to 12/12 and continued 10 days into 12/12
stopping as the CS plants got really crinkled up and i was scared that they would die. i then washed down the plants in tapwater and let them flower out, and 17 days after this was down the first male flowers opened and here i had to manually pollinate the females, 7 days after these first openings the CS plants was 100% turned into males, they started their show of opening big time dusting the whole room, making all pistills go brown in 3 days.
so bigtime pollination, only two drawbacks, the pollination came app. 10 days to late (better timing next time), and at the end app. 14 days before the total ripening of the seeds i had a glitch int the watering scedule, drying out the plants 95% so only the first manually pollinated seeds is really mature.

another couriosity is that some 100 seeds are double or like two seeds grown into one, definately freaks
tw-femmed-freak-seeds.jpg

Twin beans are fairly rare, but 100, WOW! I wonder if it was because you dipped the whole plant? I didn't see what strain you were using.

I actually have found 2 seeds from my failed cs attempt with my kuipo strain, hoping to find more.

Now, what this thread needs is pics and info on what is grown out from the cs treatment. Anyone have any yet??

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
FarmerGreen, just going through some difficult times at the moment in this rollercoaster that is life ... :cry:
But as we say here down under, she'll be right ...

Am still keeping an eye on the thread when i can though, it's great seeing everyone starting to yield fruits from their labor :)

FarmerGreen

That's no good man sorry to hear that.
I'm about 2 weeks away from the end of my first cs grow and the girls are loaded with seeds- can't wait to try them out.
Hope it all goes ok for you. Thanks for all the help on this great thread

Peace

I have a question that may seem silly, but would fit into how i grow.
correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i understand this works because silver (Ag) blocks the sex hormone for female flowers, and w/o that the plant will revert to its " default sex" which for cannabis is male. my question is this:
is it possible to apply Ag to the plant in any other way? I'm not able to create a space for males and dont want pollen to randomly impregnate my ladies. I was almost thinking that if i were to impale the stem of a female with a 99.9% Ag spike when the plant was still in veg, that by the time i where to flower, the plant would have absorbed enough Ag to revert the sex. does this seem possible with a proper veg? My idea was to pierce the plant early in veg then take the plant outdoors to flower. I wont be able to spray the plants down everyday so was hoping that if i implanted the silver into the plant it would have the same effect. does this seem logical? I wouldnt mind experimenting but want some input before i start stabbing my ladies

thnx

H.A.

FarmerGreen

How often are you able to spray the plant hempalc?
I was planning on spraying everyday for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after flipping to flower. I ended up only spraying about 3 times in the first 2 weeks, and reckon I could have gotten away with spraying a lot less than everyday during the second 2 weeks.
Just make sure you make the mixture really strong and soak the shit out of it when you do spray.
Also, if you haven't got much space try self pollenating. I've got 2 plants on the go at the moment- one I sprayed and one I'm pollenating but the one I'm pollenating obviously got a bit of silver and now has pollen and pistils, and heaps of seeds.

If you do try something crazy like shoving silver straight in the plant let us know what happens, I love hearing about that shit.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Hempalchemist,
It's an interesting idea but I'd be very, very surprised if it worked. The reason we create colloidal silver is to create a microparticulate suspension - that is, silver particles tiny enough that the plant can absorb and distribute them throughout the plant. Plants don't have an acidic stomach like animals so they can't break things down like we can - we need to break it down for them. So yeah, sorry but I just can't see how it could work ... and the damage caused may end up detrimental to the health of the branch, or even the whole plant.

I figured it would be a long shot at best, but just trying to think outside the box to fit my situation. Let me explain my situation and maybe you could push me in the right direction:

my main goal is to make copies of my female Nirvana's Black Jack, but want to practice with my bag seed plants beforehand. My idea was to take clones, root them, then use CS before putting them outside. Let them self and after a few weeks come back and collect a few scores of seeds. But after reading the whole thread, it seemed like one needed to spray the last week of veg and at least a few days of flowering. I can spray throughout veg but wont be able to spray once i move the plants outside. Is just spraying in veg for 3-4 enough to induce males?
Not trying to reinvent the wheel since you and this thread has already shown CS to work, but I'm limited on space and cant afford to build a space for males. If the plant was able to absorb silver through an implant, this would save me a lot of hassle. But if the plant cant leach off the silver then not sure if its going to work.

FarmerGreen

Why don't you switch to flower while indoors and take them out after 2 weeks? From what I saw the plants don't actually have to show sex before you stop spraying.

Alternatively, just do a small grow. The one I'm doing is tiny. Less than 2 ft by 2 ft. 2 plants revegged from the last grow and grown under a scrog screen, one half of the screen (one plant), I sprayed, and the other half I fertilized with the pollen. It's true you waste a bit of time not growing straight smokable weed but now I'm about to harvest dozens of female seeds, and once I've pulled all the seeds out the remaining bud will be fine for hash.

thats a good idea didnt think about that! i would just need to make sure they are outside before the male flowers open. about how long of a window do i have from when male flowers show to when they pop?

FarmerGreen

Mine took a long time. I thought something was wrong. I knew they were turning male pretty early on, then they grew lots of big balls that I thought were totally ready to pop, then maybe 4 or 5 days later they popped and pollen went everywhere.

It really is simpler than it all sounds, now that I've done it I realize there's very little chance of not coming away with feminised seeds.

voxberry

happy happy happy

happy happy happy

Heeeelllooo again people ! :)

Happy to be back, cooking CS again in DS water, been testing out the new girls I got from my first CS experiment .

6 weeks vegetation and another 10 days into flower .
CS Seeds used : White Russian x Cheese
New CS Female : Cheese - went into flower 8 days earlyer then everybody else and I have been spraying her from the first day of flower, and allready today I see signs of male sacks .

I just can't wait to post some new info about the results, but until now, everything looks greeeat ! :)

Oh yeah ... I also saved the beeest White russian I had, revegetated her, made a really nice bush, and I'm waiting for some clones to root .
I plan to CS some clones and use the pollen on other clones, see what comes out :) hehehe .

PEACE !

Last edited:
top thread :) i dont have alot of room but i like differant flavours which i get as clones....used this method on a himalayan gold hoping i could retire the strain but keep genetics. Got myself around 150 seeds :D the pollen lingered a bit and i see a couple of seeds on my great white shark not many but a few so bonus i guess :) both strains are GHS looking forward to seeing the HGxGWS see how it turns out :)