What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Yara actisil dose rate?

Does anyone run Yara actisil (0.6% orthosilicic acid) and can recommend a dose rate? Kinda hard to scale down from acre/hectare fertigation directions

Just flipped to flower 4 or 5 days ago. Been reading it can inhibit stretch which is not something I want, as I'm doing vert grows. Do I just leave it out now or can I go cautiously.. do I start adding after stretch or best to use it veg only?

Would prefer to use as a root drench rather than foliar for ease. Can do foliar easily in veg but not so much flower...

Running Yara kristalon brown and calcnit 1.2 - 1.4EC, organic acids and kelp in PPK

Cheers

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Does anyone run Yara actisil (0.6% orthosilicic acid) and can recommend a dose rate? Kinda hard to scale down from acre/hectare fertigation directions

Just flipped to flower 4 or 5 days ago. Been reading it can inhibit stretch which is not something I want, as I'm doing vert grows. Do I just leave it out now or can I go cautiously.. do I start adding after stretch or best to use it veg only?

Would prefer to use as a root drench rather than foliar for ease. Can do foliar easily in veg but not so much flower...

Running Yara kristalon brown and calcnit 1.2 - 1.4EC, organic acids and kelp in PPK

Cheers
That's a good question, I would like to know that myself.

Orange's Greenhouse

Usual application rate is 20 ppm (mg/kg) Si via fertigation. You can do more, you can do less but 20 ppm works. I have not read about Si inhibiting growth/stretch. Foliar does not offer much benefit over root application. Adding it to every watering is preferred.

That stuff contains 6,72 g/L Si, so you want 3 mL/L in your reservoir. One Caveat is that it is stabilised with cholin, an organic molecule. It can cause significant microbial growth (think half a centimeter on biofilm on every surface) in the reservoir. The cholin is food for them. That growth (when it happens) causes pH swings.

Last edited:

Grapefruitroop

I was using silicic acid (Aptus) all thru the grow many times but there has been a couple times that i ran out of it in flowering and i got heavier yields, so i stopped using it in flower and i just add it during veg to streighten the branches......
Whats the exact reccomendation for ....liters x hectares?

I run pond zyme as well so microbial growth should be kept in check by that? Might run it half that strength (1.5ml/L) during stretch then cut it I think. Or just start my next cycle on it in veg, so any microbial build up is contained in a significantly smaller hydroponic system. Will go with one of the stronger concentration brands once it runs out if I see it of any benefit. Just kind of bought it on a whim, as I know monosilicic is the the Si we want, and I'm fairly impressed with the kristalon brown so figured Yara is probably the way to go for Si too

Biggest plants (almost trees) I've ever had and 25kg of brown and calcnit cost me round the same as yer average 5L of liquid base.. :LOL:

Power Si lists dose rate to slow vertical growth as 1.6ml/L. Have read people's experiences with it actually working quite well, although that could be whatever else they have put in the mix..

Grapefruitroop

Do you prepare a stock solution with the whole 25kg bag or do you dose it in powder form each time you add it to the res?

I was looking into Yara products but the size of the bag scared me lol cause many times its better to dissolve the whole bag to ensure a even proportion of the nutrients, cause other wise scooping em from the bag in powder form could result in some inbalance....
I really want to give it a try doh......why pay more for the same nutrients???lol

Im using Masterblend myself , its a powder too where u need to add also calcium Nitrate and Magnesium sulphate....works like a charm but prolly a bit more expensive than yara....i buy the 2kg bag and dissolve it in 20 liters of RO water.....

I make up 5L stock solutions at a time so not ideal that's only 500g. I was using a masterblend copy (NZ, no masterblend or jacks here) prior to Yara but it's considerably more expensive in way smaller quantities. Worked a treat, better than I ever did with liquids. But I'm tight so I looked for cheaper and came across Yara. Got probably 10 years in that bag to perfect it.. :ROFLMAO:. I only run two 915W vert donuts plus 250 or 400w veg so I don't go through a lot, just tight lol

This is my first grow using the Yara start to finish. But they're big, green and healthy looking a week into flip...(y)

Last edited:

Grapefruitroop

Ok im gona have to give a try, maybe ill do some extra work and rebag in smaller vaccum sealed 2kg bags...

The formula kristalon 15-05-30 its intriguing...hehhe..i love the fact that have such small amount of P compared to the masterblend 4-18-38 ...... the more the time passes more im convinced that cannabis does not requires such heavy loads of P.....

Thanks for the hints ill give it a try

I went with kristalon brown as it's 3-11-38 (3-4.8-31.5), meaning most the N comes from calcium nitrate and I can taper right off toward the end. The orange I think is similar but 6? N if I remember right. The 15-05-30 has a bit much N for my liking and I'd have to alter ratios with a lot more mkp lowering base and thus micros..

The 18 in masterblend is the salt used and not actually all plant available P, or something like that. So those numbers, as with kristalon are not really an accurate measure anyway

gemini918

I went with kristalon brown as it's 3-11-38 (3-4.8-31.5), meaning most the N comes from calcium nitrate and I can taper right off toward the end. The orange I think is similar but 6? N if I remember right. The 15-05-30 has a bit much N for my liking and I'd have to alter ratios with a lot more mkp lowering base and thus micros..

The 18 in masterblend is the salt used and not actually all plant available P, or something like that. So those numbers, as with kristalon are not really an accurate measure anyway
I'm also using kristalon brown in RDWC, do you have any issues with PH? I'm struggling with tap water and thinking of moving to RO to see if it helps

I do not in PPK. I did earlier on with recycled coco but pythoff and pondzyme seem to have sorted it (not used together). Got clean tap water here, pH 7.8 and 35ppm. At 1.2 - 1.4EC 1:1 it'll come in around 5.7 and doesn't seem to stray much from there. End of last grow I switched to kristalon without calcnit and had to use pH up a bit, contrary to all the liquid nutes I've ever used. My friend just finished a rdwc with canna nutes and had some pH issues and took a massive yield/quality hit. bubbles raising it out of parameters or some shit. He's gone back to top fed recirculating...