What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

grayeyes

Commercial weed? Got no use for it. Every time someone I know buys that crap and offers it to me it is always inferior even to the 'volunteer' that find in my yard from time to time.

I now have at least 25 different strains in the fridge that I can pick to grow every every spring. Some like the RSC Malawi I have bags of because the high is just too potent to me. If I take 3 hits I won't drive. I have started this year to grow and seed my favorite. Although I have grown it 3 times and had wonderful production I have never been able to seed it. So this year that is what I am doing. I don't want to buy seeds again. And this strain produces in the 22% to supposedly 25 % range ( I actually think some of the variants are much higher).

But I am not going to buy it from a dispensary. Growers just don't produce what I want.

calisun

Commercial weed? Got no use for it. Every time someone I know buys that crap and offers it to me it is always inferior even to the 'volunteer' that find in my yard from time to time.

I now have at least 25 different strains in the fridge that I can pick to grow every every spring. Some like the RSC Malawi I have bags of because the high is just too potent to me. If I take 3 hits I won't drive. I have started this year to grow and seed my favorite. Although I have grown it 3 times and had wonderful production I have never been able to seed it. So this year that is what I am doing. I don't want to buy seeds again. And this strain produces in the 22% to supposedly 25 % range ( I actually think some of the variants are much higher).

But I am not going to buy it from a dispensary. Growers just don't produce what I want.
Just keif your bud if it's too strong. That is what dispensaries do. A friend bought some great looking 60 eights from a dispensary and brought them over for me to try. After 20 minutes of smoking we still wern't high. Then we scoped it. Saw just a couple trichome heads per bud. They tumbled the crap out of it and still charging top dollar.

JonHT96

I've been silently observing this thread for... 5 maybe even 6 years... I have to say I'd love to come to California and understand the wholesale market a lot better. It seems you all are the gold standard for wholesale in... Probably the world. I understand prices fluctuating is hurting y'all's pockets but there is a desire for quality weed you just have to find it. Quit letting these shippers send bunk bud out of state. There are tons of people from all over the country who want high quality weed and they're willing to come to Cali for it but there needs to be a way for people to get it. Is there like some secret cafe or bar that one goes to in Cali to discuss wholesale prices and the market in general? Regardless if they are taking it back it is useful information to be used in other legal states. Like I say I love the information I've found here and would love to see more pictures of quality and according prices to go with it. Pictures, reviews and prices will do wonders for outsiders to get a better grip on what's going on in Cali, and if we can get this info to more enthusiast from out of state there will be less people willing to buy subpar shipped weed meaning that your brokers will be in much higher demand for craft cannabis. 700/lb for fire sungrown is more than possible if you don't deal with greedy sons of bitches. More the higher the quality. I don't see why y'all allow people from out of state to push the market around. The problem is the demand is all wrong and the sooner people are introduced to craft cannabis the sooner they will buy it. Throw a pound of craft broken down into 1/8ths stashed inside lbs in a box and maybe some people will start seeing that they are missing out on much higher quality for not many more $s.

JonHT96

Please PM me if you can teach a guy who has been dedicated reading this thread a thing or two and maybe we might just come up with an idea to revitalize the market even if it is on a small scale

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Remember the $1600-1800 packs when the stimmy started flowing in early 2020? So do we, and we bought our own grow gear.

carson

How can $150 packs even be trimmed? Is this just selling inventory at a loss to make something back? Are people cutting back how much they are growing this year or just planning to lean into it and totally crash the market? Everyone can't grow 1,000 lbs a year. If everyone would grow half as much they'd probably make the same money for less work.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sure a lot of the indoor prices quoted are BS. No one can keep a canna business going on $200lb. The cost to operate dwarfs that kind of return. A small BM 20 plant operation just for Electricity is 1k$ a month in Cali. So about 3k$ just for power every harvest, then add on everything else. If you are a good grower quality should always be the priority not yield.

Last edited:

HHILL

I'm sure a lot of the indoor prices quoted are BS. No one can keep a canna business going on $200lb. The cost to operate dwarfs that kind of return. A small BM 20 plant operation just for Electricity is 1k$ a month in Cali. So about 3k$ just for power every harvest, then add on everything else. If you are a good grower quality should always be the priority not yield.
I heard that the indoor/mixed light units were going for 8-900, purple runtz. The outdoor was at 200

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you can't sell your product at a profit you won't be in business for long. Most outdoor is sold to those making concentrates. The cost to grow outdoor/greenhouse weed is a lot less than indoor. The more of these mega greenhouse operations(or any large enough op) there are the more prices will crash from oversupply. It def affects indoor prices.

Growing indoors is expensive. Watts are watts regardless if LED is used. The only way to reduce cost is to reduce the power used. I just started testing LED(about a year)but so far CMH still produces better quality/yields for me. I'll keep testing..

Redrum92

Man, anyone selling that cheap needs to find a way to start mailing shit/make friends in other states. Would recoup big time.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

California Cannabis business deadman walking...​

The irrational regulation, black market and high taxes do me in. One of my biggest loss ever.

Claw back the manufacturing facilities from Chemesis. Their stock stopped trading in Canada and resume trading as a mining company. Aman Parmar is the man who orchestrated this disaster. The company owes me 5 million dollars plus. Cry a river...

Trying to make profit on these manufacturing facilities. Hoping for Federal legalization.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran

That Malawi or whatever sounds good. I like being so high I'm afraid to drive. It's all in the head man. I thrive on thrills like weed paranoia

roughnice420

What are thoughts on the elimination of the cultivation tax in CA? Gonna push prices even lower this year? You would think that at these price points, businesses will scale back/go under and the supply demand curve will improve sooner or later. No one likes working for free.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the chads and Karen's in Cali voted for legal weed. BM will always have a small niche carved out. Now that legal has all the best genetics and got taught how to grow well it's just a matter of time. You don't see the best winemakers giving their comp their grapes lol.

When you have an illegal product becomes legal, not many know how a legal business was run. They all saw the $$$$ and SOLD OUT.

Latest posts

Latest posts