What's new

Which of the four strains will be the dankest?

Which of the four strains will be the dankest?

• Gorilla Haze

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Purkle #1

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Zkittzo

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lemon Drizzle (freebie)

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

woolybear

Veteran
This here will be a thread to document my 2022 all-Real Gorilla seeds grow.

Not much to report, other than I have four viable seedlings of each cultivar. Have experience with these strains? No, but like to gamble?

EDIT 4/10/2022 Lemon Drizzle is super lemon Haze clone x WiFi og. Cool genetics!

VOTE IN THE POLL!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lemon Drizzle got my vote as for purple urkle i put 12 seeds in damp towel 3 days ago and none showing any life but 12 sour orange diesel all showed within 24 hours :clock watch:

woolybear

Veteran
It figures that the freebie is the most vigorous, right?

I had issues with mild damping off on all the seedlines. in fact, one of the zskittles was damaged so badly (damping off basically shrinks a spot of the taproot, like 50-65% smaller), that I was for sure it was a goner. Somehow I didn't toss it; I cut it in half above the damaged area and stuck it back in the cube.

It never outright died; in fact, its very much alive!

The purkle #1 was super slow. The lemon finally showed a taproot, still waiting for the others to catch up.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It figures that the freebie is the most vigorous, right?

I had issues with mild damping off on all the seedlines. in fact, one of the zskittles was damaged so badly (damping off basically shrinks a spot of the taproot, like 50-65% smaller), that I was for sure it was a goner. Somehow I didn't toss it; I cut it in half above the damaged area and stuck it back in the cube.

It never outright died; in fact, its very much alive!

The purkle #1 was super slow. The lemon finally showed a taproot, still waiting for the others to catch up.

Most of the time i would agree with the freebie statement but considering all the purkle urkle was freebies to me from panikz that blows that idea out the water for me :D but im along for the ride my friend and wish you the best of luck with whatever happens:good:

woolybear

Veteran
March 5th

Lemon drizz and the gorilla haze have been xferred to 3" cups with coco. Lemon already has several roots touching the bottom, gh had like 1/4" of root before the xfer.

Unfortunately, all the seedlings have varying amounts of damping off damage, right where the plant exits the medium. The zskittles (two of them) and and the purkle have yet to emerge from their 1/2" cubes. The zkittle that I chopped in half has developed two roots and the true leaves are just opening up.

So it's going to be a slow start for all of them to get past the damage. In the future (future me, listen up) invest in a heating map and isolate them.

Got 10 grams of dabs from my shake jar. I forget how much the bottle of everclear cost, $20-25? So like $3 a gram. Very terpy the first few days, settled into a mostly waxy batch.

woolybear

Veteran
Transplanted the zx #1 that i cut in half as it was pushing itself out of the rockwool medium as opposed to drilling thru it.

The other zx and purkel are also xplanted to coco. I piled the coco around the base of the plant to encourage root growth above the damping off damaged area.

I basically grew tired of waiting for those two to grow a tap root!

woolybear

Veteran
Here's the group! These were all hatched about 3 weeks ago.

The lemon freebie is a bit lighter in color than the others, perhaps she wants more nutes?

fetch?photoid=18102927.png

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks for the tip flylow! Went ahead and repotted those two in 16oz cups, the purkle is almost ready to go.

I upped the nutes; the lemon responded perfectly by darkening in color.

woolybear

Veteran
One week later and they're taking off!

The two Zkittzos are catching up in size. Node distance is super tight on those, wondering if they'll eventually break out of mini-mode

Lemon Drizzle is stretching nicely, about 1.5" taller than the gorilla haze. She has the least root growth out of the top three - GH being the most roots, purkle 2nd.

Will probably top the drizzle today. Drizz and the gorilla are both at around 5 nodes

fetch?photoid=18110123.png

Cloneman

Veteran
Ive done a few of theirs, but the stand out one for me is the fem Gorilla Haze. Great yields of lemony goodness that will go a long way, as you only need a little to blow back your hair and steam your glasses up. Strong is the word, a real headbanger.
Good luck with what you choose mate

She looks good mate

iTarzan

The Fem indoor Gorilla Haze cost more than Fem outdoor Gorilla Haze when it is seemingly the same cross of Amnesia Core and GG?

CloneMan... Which Fem Gorilla Haze did you buy? Indoor version or outdoor version?

woolybear

Veteran
I did a pretty crappy job on my last flower run, I had to trash a few plants for the first time in my ten+ years of growing here on ICMAG.

This run though, I'm making sure I pay more attention to my plants. Part of it is that they are feminized so I know they will all produce, the other part is the fem part allows me to run four new strains at once without the stress of wondering about their sex.

I've also largely figured out how to keep my fungus gnat problem in check (physical raking, monterrey bt, growsafe), and how to keep my plants green - plenty of nute s+ extra cal/mag. EDIT: I think they call it, "I got it dialed-in."

With the weather so crap recently, its been great to chill by the glow of my warm tent, studying the plants. This lot has been super vigorous, leaves has big as my hands, and they are barely a foot tall.

Journaling is so helpful. Being a daily weed smoker, it behooves me to document my grows as I sure as hell won't remember all of what I did.

For the LED lights, I've added a spacer between the aluminum heat sink and the LED power supply. It gets em super hot. Probably doesn't matter, as I've had the led brick directly on the heat sink for so long, but hey why not.

woolybear

Veteran
One week later update!

fetch?photoid=18116992.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18116992.png Views:	0 Size:	458.5 KB ID:	18116996
fetch?photoid=18116991.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18116991.png Views:	0 Size:	469.9 KB ID:	18116997
fetch?photoid=18116993.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18116993.png Views:	0 Size:	458.5 KB ID:	18116998

Purk, Haze and Lemon have been potted into their final homes. skittlez still in 16oz cups.

misc notes:

purkle has nice xmas tree structure; gh healthy roots coming out of bottom pot holes
purkle is squat, with 0.5-1" between nodes; gh = 1.5-2" nodes, lemon 2"+

zx #2 has better root development, but little growth from side nodes - zx #1 i opposite

Lemon is the stretchiest of the group, with 4" long side shoots! That's twice the length of the Gorilla.

Lemon and haze have been topped, both responded welll.

Last edited:

iTarzan

Woolybear your plants look great. Sorting out males and females takes up a lot of time and space. If you keep clones you eliminate that problem for the most part. However, if you want to search some seeds for keepers you have to either "just do it and sort" or use fem seeds. I have clones but popping seeds is still the most fun and interesting aspect of growing.
Keep up the good work and keep updating when you feel like it.

Latest posts

Latest posts